So. The move. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cuyval Dar

infrequently lurked on Image, lurked constantly on Halfpixel, and really got into it on HF.

I lurked Halforum for about a month, then made an account and joined it. Before that, I would occasionally read the PvP forum.

I lurked from the beginning of Halfpixel, and only started posting in earnest during the CAD miscarriage. Certain folks and certain forum-nukings have brought me out of my shell since then. :)

T

Twitch

I thought I was really quite active at image but I only had like 500 posts.

in the image days having 6 thousand posts was a BIG DEAL, only like JCM ever got that far, other large numbers I remember were Amy, who had something like 4k.

At Halfpixel/Forum, all the top 10 posters had like 3k+. I had like 6,000, and HF wasn't even a year old.

I remember when Rogue offered me milk and cookies for writing a sonnet.

Also, M80 (later known as Fazz Munkle) had a postcount to rival JCM's at Image.

I've never broken 1000. I don't think I've ever broken 700. I was on my way before the post counts went away. :(

I know this is a common story but I've lurked on and off as Frankie since the Image days. I know many share this story.

Well, I sort of agree with Scythe.
Oh, and I do think we've lost more regular posters, so far ,than we've gained.
Still, I'm not complaining too much....
I have to disagree, I can count around 5-6 new members, how many "lost" can you name?[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen
A Troll (under that name *cough*)[/QUOTE]

I've been lurking, but rarely. I dislike some of the direction this board has taken. I don't mean that as a criticism, but rather I'm just explaining my own preferences. You probably won't see me around much, under any name, though I'll stop by and do some lurking now and then.

I know this is a common story but I've lurked on and off as Frankie since the Image days. I know many share this story.
I don't know anyone else who has lurked as Frankie.

I never lurked as Frankie. I'm much more of Stan person. Sometimes I'll lurk as Stan.

... or batman. :batman:

I've been lurking, but rarely. I dislike some of the direction this board has taken. I don't mean that as a criticism, but rather I'm just explaining my own preferences. You probably won't see me around much, under any name, though I'll stop by and do some lurking now and then.
May I ask what specifics of the board's direction you dislike?

T

Twitch

May I ask what specifics of the board's direction you dislike?[/QUOTE]

Well, for one, it used to be about the music.

For once, the troll has actually posted a "trollish" post. :rofl:
I'm really not trying to troll, I'm just being honest. The forum evolved, which is fine, but I just don't feel like I'm a part of the new version. Rather than sit around and gripe, I chose to remove myself from it. I don't see what's wrong with that.

When you make a post "I don't like this place no more, it changed and I don't want to be here anymore" then just say "So bye".

It's not expected to be construed as a trollish post?

When you make a post "I don't like this place no more, it changed and I don't want to be here anymore" then just say "So bye".

It's not expected to be construed as a trollish post?
I see your point. I was just responding to a post that commented on how I wasn't around. I wasn't trying to stir up the forum.

Dave

Staff member
But we love you. I for one would miss you.

Maybe you'll lurk and see that we really are still the same place and people.

This.[/QUOTE]

This x 2.

Also, I can sympathize with what the Troll is saying. While I'm not yet tempted to leave the forum, there is a small but vocal minority of posters here who, I feel, make the place less attractive as a whole. I don't know if that's what Troll feels has changed about this place, but it's what I personally feel.

M

Mr_Chaz

It still seems pretty busy here to me!

But then I've barely been able to read the forum for the last couple of weeks, so everything's new. I'll catch up. One day. Then I shall return with a vengeance and you'll see my super imposing 3 posts a day!

Fear me.

A

Andromache

This.[/QUOTE]

This x 2.

Also, I can sympathize with what the Troll is saying. While I'm not yet tempted to leave the forum, there is a small but vocal minority of posters here who, I feel, make the place less attractive as a whole. I don't know if that's what Troll feels has changed about this place, but it's what I personally feel.[/QUOTE]

The problem with stating that is that it presents no solutions.

"Some of you are real assholes who ruin it for me, but whatever. "

Well, gee, uhm, thanks, have a nice day.

The problem with stating that is that it presents no solutions.

"Some of you are real assholes who ruin it for me, but whatever. "

Well, gee, uhm, thanks, have a nice day.
What solutions are there? We've already talked about how over-moderation is not somewhere we want the board to go, and saying "Some of you guys are real assholes who ruin it for me, so get out." would only serve to precipitate a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.