So. The move. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pojodan

I, too, am having a hard time getting into the conversations going on recently on this board, but it's still one of my many homes and I shall always be around, if just to lurk.

*quickly derails the fursuiting topic into an Imperial mass that ends in burning the [STRIKE]heretics[/STRIKE] furries*

I've seen HoboNinja post a few times. You also have to remember school is starting up for some folks so if they have a heavy class load there won't be much sight of them. Also, Gruebeard didn't post much the last couple months anyway.
It's also the end of the summer with Labor Day weekend in sight...pretty much the doldrums to begin with.

I wanted to put in a video of The Phantom Tollbooth Song "Doldrums" but it's apparently only on Youtube as part of the larger movie :(

I honestly fail to see what is so substancially different that its worth complaining about.
I could be misremembering, but isn't doomdragon the guy who complained when his parents changed his doorknobs a while back?

Some people have big problems with inconsequential changes.

Dave

Staff member
Did I take down the "why we moved" too soon? I appreciate the criticism as well as the kudos but please note that we're still working on stuff. The front page is nowhere near where it needs to be to be able to attract new sites yet. I'm in talks with a web designer who will be working to make it more presentable. To whit: Artist of the Month will get prominent placement as will those businesses who are "sponsored" and are members of the "hub". Theater Hopper still hasn't pulled the trigger even though he's "99% sure he'll do it" so I'm waiting on that. One of the new guys on the boards (Brian) is the former Admin of Tom's forums. He's poking around and checking things out. I haven't said anything because I wanted everyone to act naturally.

Once they finally pull the trigger we'll get the front page set up and then I'll be CONTINUING my contact with other sites for partnering.

And as to the analogy of walking down the street and going into another house...I've done that. It's called moving. At first it's a little weird but home is where you make it. I could live in a cardboard box and as long as my family was there it would be home.

R

redapples

Well the change did land right in the middle of the holiday period (so did the fall in traffic) so lets give it a month before we run around wildly panicing. :aaahhh:

I don't know if I post enough to be considered "new", but I find myself posting more. Kinda nice to post to the new forum after a move instead of being that guy that stayed behind in the old forum to post to hardly anyone(Crone might be the only one to know of me doing that at the Image board).

I think the Conquest System alone is a huge improvement. Considering Dave's intention was to find a way to engage people, even if they lurk, seems to be headed in the right direction with it. Though, it will probably require a reboot every so often so new people stand a chance against people who have been on it from the beginning.

J

JCM

Did I take down the "why we moved" too soon? I appreciate the criticism as well as the kudos but please note that we're still working on stuff. The front page is nowhere near where it needs to be to be able to attract new sites yet. I'm in talks with a web designer who will be working to make it more presentable. To whit: Artist of the Month will get prominent placement as will those businesses who are "sponsored" and are members of the "hub". Theater Hopper still hasn't pulled the trigger even though he's "99% sure he'll do it" so I'm waiting on that. One of the new guys on the boards (Brian) is the former Admin of Tom's forums. He's poking around and checking things out. I haven't said anything because I wanted everyone to act naturally.

Once they finally pull the trigger we'll get the front page set up and then I'll be CONTINUING my contact with other sites for partnering.

And as to the analogy of walking down the street and going into another house...I've done that. It's called moving. At first it's a little weird but home is where you make it. I could live in a cardboard box and as long as my family was there it would be home.
Well, its not like they cant find it, all my old links to the old forum lead here, so we probably just lost a few novelty posters/alts.

Dave

Staff member
Though, it will probably require a reboot every so often so new people stand a chance against people who have been on it from the beginning.
Actually it won't require a reboot as much as a total removal of e-peen. Which is why I'm moving towards getting rid of post counts, etc. Basically anything that halts a new person from posting or getting involved because they would be arguing or disagreeing with "old guard".

Not that that happens.

:paranoid:

Though, it will probably require a reboot every so often so new people stand a chance against people who have been on it from the beginning.
Actually it won't require a reboot as much as a total removal of e-peen. Which is why I'm moving towards getting rid of post counts, etc. Basically anything that halts a new person from posting or getting involved because they would be arguing or disagreeing with "old guard".

Not that that happens.

:paranoid:[/QUOTE]I was referring to Conquest, but I see your point.

Dave

Staff member

Not that that happens.

:paranoid:[/quote]I was referring to Conquest, but I see your point.[/QUOTE]

Oh. Well THAT might. :rofl:

A

Andromache

To be honest, I still feel as nooby as I was when we were on HP. :rofl:
To be frank, most of the old ones have just become bitter tired shells of hatred and disgust, mere shadows of their former selves.[/QUOTE]

wow. uhm.

it's an internet forum. Not the fucking Bastille.

I'd kill for the default vB theme
I feel the same. I tried a few a new themes and while they are nice, they aren't exactly work friendly. I'm trying the new Evo Perfect Blue. Let's see how it turns out. People need to give these things some time and I do appreciate Dave's time and effort but there's still work to be done.

In regards to the move, I don't mind it. I even supported it with my own money but until I can search the forums with MAH OWN NAME this isn't home. :)

And like I previously posted, way too many sub-forums. Oh, and I'd kill for a Ventrilo monitor.. even if you can open or close the tab for it. I'D KILL. Ask Shego, she knows I'm good with the knife.

fade

Staff member
I must say, I also have felt this place was much more quiet and empty than the old. I have actually stopped checking in more than once or twice a day myself, because there's rarely anything new. I also think that the fractured subforums has at least a little to do with it. It's intimidating.

Yeah, about that. Not to sound like a whiny bitch or anything, but I liked the AotM in the General forum. I don't think too many people go to the Art Gallery. Part of the reason I volunteered was so that I could get the exposure that the General forum gives without being a huge "Look at my stuff now!" post addict. I feel like my little AotM thread isn't even being noticed where it is now. I mean, it's also possible no one cares, and I'm okay with that. But then I partly volunteered as an advertisement for my comic. Partly because people I've known since halfpixel go, "Oh, you do a comic?"

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Also, vote #3 for default skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.