Since the old one seems dead, picture time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pic of me, in costume, on the set of "Game Over: Life of a Video Game Villain"
Too bad this film never even saw the light of youtube.

Shawnacy said:

For certain definitions of bad, I suppose. ;)

Gusto said:
Shawnacy said:

For certain definitions of bad, I suppose. ;)
Meh. You can't expect much from a student film. I think they were able to put together about 16k in donations, which went towards the HD camera and track, the set, props, etc. I jumped at the chance to play a role in a Zelda spoof, even for no pay and a 2 hour commute.
I admit I didn't think the acting (myself included) turned out great, the action scenes were filmed oddly (I was never on set with my opponent), and the director seemed a little too happy with single takes.

Aw man, I'm not saying that the MOVIE was bad! I just don't think Youtube is lofty enough an ambition.

Scum, villainy, etc.

Gusto said:
Aw man, I'm not saying that the MOVIE was bad! I just don't think Youtube is lofty enough an ambition.

Scum, villainy, etc.
Honestly I wouldn't know. I never saw it. I know it premiered at a film festival here in Hollywood that I was too busy to go to. The writer/owner of the film never took the time to mail me a copy, despite me asking. So my suspicions are that he's not too proud of it. Oh well. Best leave some Pandora Boxes shut tight.

Especially since it never saw the light of day. And fight scenes being filmed separately? WTF? That would be one big disjointed piece of crap.

Edrondol said:
Especially since it never saw the light of day. And fight scenes being filmed separately? WTF? That would be one big disjointed piece of crap.
I'd agree. I asked for more involvment with the fight scenes, but I guess the crew was getting tired of shooting and the actor playing the villain had to be somewhere (and removed 5 hours worth of make-up before hand). Not really good excuses for Hollywood quality, but I guess when all you are worried about is the grade you'll get for it your opinions change.
I believe the 16k came from private investors. The writer/producer did a lot of networking to get the money together. He neglected to mention names for contract reasons. But it's pretty standard with Hollywood big wigs. You invest a bit of chump change into a new prospect anonymously and see if you can find the next Speilberg. If he fails you you're only out a few k and your name isn't on any piece of crap.

T

The Mike

It's picture time again? ok
Latest picture

Day at the beach

Troubadour day 4 years ago

Me at Calleja's School :twisted:

Me as Don Quijote

Me as a kid

Just because I love you guys so much, I took some pictures this morning.

I think I look a little too serious in this one. So severe.

Ugh, I need to shave. So lazy though.

Fixed the first pic. Now I smile :)

Cajungal said:
Is that a scar on your cheek? It's very neat, if it is... How'd you come by it?
The Mike said:
He counts his kills with the scars on his face
Unless I took out a twin in the womb, afraid that's not it Mike. When I was born, I had very long fingernails. Before they had a chance to clip them, I scratched my face. I remember asking my mom with I was 6 or so if it would ever go away. Mostly, I never notice it is there anymore.

Krisken said:
Cajungal said:
Is that a scar on your cheek? It's very neat, if it is... How'd you come by it?
The Mike said:
He counts his kills with the scars on his face
Unless I took out a twin in the womb, afraid that's not it Mike. When I was born, I had very long fingernails. Before they had a chance to clip them, I scratched my face. I remember asking my mom with I was 6 or so if it would ever go away. Mostly, I never notice it is there anymore.
Wolverine: Origins

Well, here is the picture I posted in the old thread.

And here's twp more recent pictures, taken at my little sister's party last saturday. And no, none of these girls are my sister.

Shannow

Staff member
Hmmm, newest pic I have saved looks to be the phone pic from this past halloween as prof X, that I know I posted before:

A few halloweens ago as doom with my factory x actual metal mask (I really want to get actual armor for this at some point:

other than that, I have a few pics from like a year and a half ago when old friends from college came up for the 4th as we do yearly. I look pretty much the same, lost like 15 lbs since then:

And, for stupidity, my nerd tattoos, first oine form years ago being the Dr Doom Crest on my arm, and the second from a couple years ago being the venom symbol on my back. Both pics from phones after they were put on me.

W

WolfOfOdin

I have to take new pictures, considering I have a goatee and longer hair now -_-

S

Singularity.EXE

Most recent picture of me receiving my "birthday cake" on mah 21st birthday (March 7th)

Krisken said:
Gusto said:
Krisken, I challenge you to a Coolest Scar Contest!
(re-looks at Gusto's pictures) You have a scar?
Why I oughta.... :angry:

Yeah, it's visible in the first three pictures, mostly the second. Those are the only pics where you can actually SEE my eyebrows.

Gusto said:
Krisken said:
Gusto said:

Yeah, it's visible in the first three pictures, mostly the second. Those are the only pics where you can actually SEE my eyebrows.
OOOoohhh yyyyeeaaaaahhhhHH! Now I see it! Wow, that took a while to find! Right above your right eye (your right, not my right).

It gets extra points for eyeball proximity. :smirk: I think I have ya on depth and size though.

Krisken said:
Gusto said:
Krisken said:
Gusto said:

OOOoohhh yyyyeeaaaaahhhhHH! Now I see it! Wow, that took a while to find! Right above your right eye (your right, not my right).

It gets extra points for eyeball proximity. :smirk: I think I have ya on depth and size though.

I have both of you for depht ans size with my leg scar, but I have to admit it's lacking in eye proximity...

Edit: This is a picture topic, right? Well, then this is the closest thing I could find to a picture of my scar.

You can see a little bit of it saying "hi" from under the trousers... (Nobody in here has got those amazing full leg scars or those that extend to the abdomen, for example? They are painful and always linked to terrible memories, but they look really badass! and they would defeat all the scars presented in this thread.)

Yeah my scar is pretty easy to miss, but it's such a JRPG/action movie cliche to have a scar near or through one's eye that I think it's awesome. Besides, I love my eyebrows already, and this is just a plus. :)

But yeah, it's just a scratch. :)

Now my OTHER scars.... :unibrow:

L

Laurelai

My back :D It's not finished because I had to go get pregnant in mid-tattoo. I've done 2 of 3 sittings (fish and water now colored) and just need to go back for the chrysanthemum.

Status
Not open for further replies.