Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game, part 2! (On Hiatus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game, part 2!

I didn't get a chance to mention this, but HC why don't you go ahead and make your own 9th level character and we'll get you into the game as a regular.
I believe with magic items you get three of them. A level 8, 9 and level 10 item. Then for gold I think you get the equiv of a level 8.

Speaking of magic items, the boss had a Lifedrinker Longsword +2.

Hey Shawn, on a couple levels I didn't retrain anything, so I'm gonna retrain 3 of my feats and then be out of retraining at all until level 10. Just letting you know ahead of time since the character sheet might change a bit before you get it for the next game.

I'm curious to find out how this fucker tracked us from where we vanished in the rebel camp to these mountains after the Modicum teleported us. Almost makes me wonder if he consulted prophecy stuff or tortured Euric or something.

Hey Shawn, on a couple levels I didn't retrain anything, so I'm gonna retrain 3 of my feats and then be out of retraining at all until level 10. Just letting you know ahead of time since the character sheet might change a bit before you get it for the next game.
No problem.

I'm curious to find out how this fucker tracked us from where we vanished in the rebel camp to these mountains after the Modicum teleported us. Almost makes me wonder if he consulted prophecy stuff or tortured Euric or something.
Sounds like something you should ask him before killing him.

Ooooo! Huggs, whatcha gonna roll?
Githzerai Avenger of the Raven Queen

"Do not be afraid, I am only here to kill you."

Justicia Pectoralis

Male Githzerai Avenger (Censure of Pursuit) of the Raven Queen

Level 9

Alignment: Unaligned

Str 10 Con 12 Dex 20 Int 10 Wid 20 Cha 10

HP: 74 AC: 24 FORT: 18 REF: 22 WILL: 22
Surges/day: 8

Init +15
Background : warband Survivor +2 Percetion

Trained Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Perception, Religion

Feats: Versatile Expertise (Falchion/Holy Symbol), Dakshai's Body Mind Union, Improved Initiative, Melee Training, Avenging Resolution

At Will Powers: Bond of Pursuit, Radiant Vengeance

Encounter Powers: Angelic Alacrity (1), Sequestering Strike (3), Inexorable Pursuit (7)

Daily Powers: Aspect of Might (1), Bond of Foresight (5), Oath of Pursuit (9)

Utility Powers: Agile Recover (2 - Skill Power), Wrath of the Divine (6)

Gear of Note:
+2 Vicious Falchion
+2 Amulet of Physical Resolve
+2 Robe of Eyes

Mundane Items
Standard Adventurers Kit
Climbers Kit
Thieves Tools
Holy Symbol
Journey Bread x4
Rope (silk, 200')
Sunrod (5+2)
Flasks x6
Tent
Journey Book
Pen & ink
Dagger

Gold 3078
Silver 82

Sounds like you're respeccing, Grendy. What are you planning?
To serve the Raven Queen by destroying the undead and killing all sentient life that reared their young to the age of maturity or is different than me.

Why must you prosletyze in everything? :p

Respeccing? Sort of. I just thought my Axe Expertise would be useless.

But I have three feats freed up, so I'm sure there's some nasty combination I can do.

Why must you prosletyze in everything? :p
My choices of characters are a deliberate effort to change my long standing traditional style of playing D&D. For decades I have been mostly martial characters, and now I am having lots of fun with the divine aspect.

I've played:

the nervous, wet-behind-the-ears paladin with low self-esteem,
the cunning hybrid rogue/illusionist femme fatale,
the chaotic druid who views civilization as a blight on the land and eagerly takes survival of the fittest to the extreme,
the naive happy-go-lucky bard, curious about the world outside her small town,
the ex-captain of the army, captured by cultists, transfered into a warforged and re-activated 200 years later,
the ex-mafioso halfling evoker on his journey to change his ways,
the changeling thief turned to a life of crime and murder in order to save his wife,
the bumbling but affable dragonborn stormwarden, given an artifact weapon without his knowledge in order to protect it,
and the human girl raised among dragonborn on a pilgrimage to spread peace and justice while finding her true home.

:)

I had a cool idea for an encounter but don't think it would be very wise to try it in our present circumstances.

THAT SAID

Shawn, how is this room lit? As I understand it, we're inside a mountain so there probably aren't windows or forms of natural light, right?

I had a cool idea for an encounter but don't think it would be very wise to try it in our present circumstances.
Idea as in scenario to pit against player characters or as in some new strategy for the current group to try?

Either or.

It's a situation I've never had a chance to deal with in Dungeons and Dragons.

I've always kinda wanted to get into a combat during which wither the players or the enemies put out all the lights. It becomes an encounter of people trying to be stealthy and perspective, make the best of their racial vision types, if applicable, or make a lot of noise scrambling through their packs in the dark looking for a sunrod.

It's especially visually appealing when magical effects are brightly streaking across a dark room for a brief second or two, or a player accidentally attacks a ally, et cetera.

So, I wanted to let you all know (as I sit here on the ground in Borders) that since yesterday around 3:30pm Darryl and I, along with most of my town, have been COMPLETELY without power and will probably be so for several days to come. A 15-20 minute storm washed through and obliterated trees, power lines, and transformers all over the place. For right now, it is safe to assume that we will not be able to attend this Thursday's game. I will let you know if Goddess is merciful and brings the power back, but we're not expecting anything.

... PRAY FOR US PLEASE. This heat is KILLING ME! *sobs*

doomdragon6

Staff member

You assume too small.
I assume a battle.

You assume too small.
I assume a clash of warriors.

You assume too small.
I assume a crusade.

You assume too small.
I assume a war.

You assume too small.
I assume a worldwide campaign.

You assume too small.
I assume a cataclysm.

You assume too small.
I assume a galactic conflict.

You assume too small.
I assume the undoing of the universe.

You would assume correctly.

Don't be ridiculous. You merely shape changed into Bob Dole and nuked the entire room including your allies.

Oh, yeah, HC playing you made an AOE over numerous enemies and allies, and only hit allies.

DISCOOOOOOOOORRRRRRD!!!!!

I sacrificed my game tonight so Julie could be awake and healthy for Thursday, so... it better be worth it :p. Doom: SHOW UP.

Seriously though, we finished up our chapter in the temple, for better or worse, and climbed out of the pit. There, a monk from the funeral procession (the Raven Queen guys) was waiting for us, and offered to let us sleep there, or head immediately to his temple, 5 hours away. We decided to sleep somewhere BESIDES a pile of snow and rode Julie's Jade Serpent to the monastery of the Raven Queen, which was basically built into the side of a mountain. I pictured Ironforge in my mind, I dunno about you guys.

Anyway, he lead us to a room where we were supposed to meet with the leader of the temple, but she was beside another figure who claimed that he had been searching for us for a long time. He revealed his face, and we recognized him as a twin of the evil kid that we turned to stone all the way back in Stullenpike, Graul's brother. He told us his name, but I don't remember what it was. All the other monks in the room pulled back their hoods and disrobed to show they were all wearing black armor, and with the Kid, and he also revealed a cage of cockatrices hidden under a sheet. One of the guards took our friendly monk man hostage, and the Kid demanded the life of the person who had petrified Graul.

While Saryon explained that he was the one responsible and the rest of us were tensing up for combat, Errik began whispering a plan to Bez in Supernal, and communicating it to Grendmir in Draconic as well. Bez flew invisibly over to the guard holding the monk hostage, and when it became clear we couldn't resolve the situation diplomatically, Errik yelled "NOW!!" in Supernal.

The plan was partially successful. Bez appeared suddenly in front of the guard and began urinating on his face and chest. The guard became distracted and lost control of the hostage, and Errik quickly moved between them. However, the guard became enraged and swiped his sword clean through Bez, causing him to vanish and Errik's bonuses to be broken.

We are NOW level 9, and combat will begin next session.

I've decided that the 9th level daily I'm going to have prepared for "today" is the one less likely to cause massive group damage. :) I figure this our like EIGHTH encounter, we can't afford to take a ton of damage.

I'll try to stay out of your way :p.

I have a list of feats of interest for me; I will make my final decision after a night to sleep on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.