Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game, part 2! (On Hiatus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game, part 2!

Heh. You guys are awesome. Sometimes it's more fun when a character makes an error based on a roleplay reason, such as Grendmir charging headfirst into traps. Heck, the blades trap today could have been completely avoided if Serin had been allowed to check for traps. Doom rolled a 30+ if I remember correctly which was more than enough. But Daryl was like "I knock down the door!". Well, now he remembers why Kratash was so 'popular'.
I actually thought that was a problem with the Perception check Adia made, because instead of saying she was checking the door, she specifically said she was putting her ear against the door.

Somewhere in the back of my head I was like "YOU CAN'T HEAR TRAPS :Leyla:".

:laugh:

Hopefully in the future we can try to temper Grendmir's... gusto, and the ladies can provide us with a SWAT-team level of trap-deterrence.[/QUOTE]

*rofl* Well, I wanted to see if I could hear anything going on in the next room. I was leaving the traps department to Serin. ;) However, I did think your rp and actions in combat were great. Yay character development!

doomdragon6

Staff member

Serin's perception is crap. She can disable the traps, she just can't see them. I've always felt like thievery ought to be able to look for traps, but I can see how a DM would disagree.

Adia needs to use her insane perception to find the traps, then serin can take 'em out.

Thievery is all about disarming traps, opening boxes, pickpocketing big breasted blond monks.

So last night during our game, Huggs pointed out to me that Magic Missile got changed in the July update!

It's now an autohit for 2 + INT force damage, modified by any magic implements like my tome. Errik's magic missile (currently) would deal 8 force damage and never miss.

It certainly hearkens back to 3.5 where MM would always hit as long as you had line-of-sight, but never did a ton of damage.

Also it means that if I use my level 1 daily, Wizard's Fury, I can automatically deal 8 force damage as a minor action.

It certainly hearkens back to 3.5 where MM would always hit as long as you had line-of-sight, but never did a ton of damage.
It's well older than that sir.

Now ditch the tomb and grab a Masters Wand of Magic Missiles instead.

doomdragon6

Staff member

Sigh. Will unfortunately not be there this Thursday. Friend's having a birthday party and his girlfriend and my girlfriend decided to have it at my apartment. So I feel it might be a bit rude to completely ignore him. =P

It's almost as if HC could've easily made a sixth member these last several games of Shawn's, since he's kept having to fill in for someone.

doomdragon6

Staff member

I'll look, Gusto. :p

----------

I'll probably take Contagious Curse or Winds of Change.

CONTAGIOUS CURSE
A cloud of poison gas coils around your foe, warding off help.
Daily
Arcane, Implement, Poison
Standard Action Ranged 10
Target: One creature
Attack: Charisma vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d10 + Charisma modifier poison damage.
Effect: You slide the target a number of squares equal to your Charisma modifier. The target is poisonous to your enemies (save ends). While the target is poisonous, any enemy that starts its turn adjacent to the target takes 1d10 poison damage.
Wild Magic: If you rolled an even number on the attack roll, any enemy that starts its turn within 2 squares of the poisonous target takes 1d10 poison damage.

Winds of Change:
You become like the wind, blasting your enemies with the force of a storm.
Daily
Arcane, Implement
Standard Action Close burst 3
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Charisma vs. Fortitude
Hit: 3d8 + Charisma modifier damage, and you push the target 3 squares.
Miss: Half damage, and you push the target 1 square.
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, you gain a fly speed equal to your speed, and you can hover.

-------------------------

I'm never impressed with Dailies, prob'ly cuz I rarely use them. Wizard powers are always more fun. =P

I didn't but I have a very good reason for it - I (and Errik, for that matter) suspect that my artifact tome will level itself up to a Tome of Undeniable Fire +2 soon, and I'll get Wall of Fire anyway.

I didn't but I have a very good reason for it - I (and Errik, for that matter) suspect that my artifact tome will level itself up to a Tome of Undeniable Fire +2 soon, and I'll get Wall of Fire anyway.
It needs to be +3 to have a level 9 daily contained within. Great item though.

OH! That reminds me, thanks, Darryl.

I'm retraining Expeditious Retreat at level 9 too, since I never use it and will always differ to Shield when I know I'm gonna be in combat on that day (ie. not just a day spent in a town).

I'll still prepare Shield like 90% of the time but I'm gonna take Arcane Mutterings for when I know I'll just be travelling or chatting. It lets me use an Arcana check in place of a Bluff, Diplomacy or Intimidate check.

That oughta help out our so-far ineffectual fast-talkin' team, Serin. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.