Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game, part 2! (On Hiatus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game, part 2!

When you reduce an enemy to 0 HP, gain +1 to saving throws to the end of the encounter...

Might be useful in Shawn's game, but only if it stacks, since my usual saving throw rolls are more around the 3-5 range.

One possible combo of new feats will let me charge from 9 squares away and do +6 additional charge damage. And one encounter and one daily are charge attacks for that matter.

Another would have me marking everything hit by dragon breath, and marking everything adjacent to me, and... I'm sure there's something else to do more mean things to marked targets. Ah, here it is, +4 DMG for attacks granted by Combat Challenge, which is already a Brash Strike.

And here's one that, when an enemy's hit with Brash Strike, their defenses are down by -1.

Still deciding...

Yes it is stackable and cumulative. Kill 3 minions, get +3 to saves for the encounter. Kill another creature, now up to +4. It's based on the idea that fighters rarely kill things.

Another would have me marking everything hit by dragon breath, and marking everything adjacent to me,
I don't understand that statement. The only requirement for a fighters mark is an attack roll. Nothing else grants you your fighter abilities other than that method.

Hoo boy. I'll tell you that lately I've been feeling miserable. Oddly enough the last several sessions of my game definitely contributed to that fact, but there has been a lot of life stuff going on that has just made me feel like shit.

On the plus side, the decision to have my game only 2 weeks a month, and trade with Julie the other two, has taken a good deal of stress off of me. I forget exactly when we started the second game, but it's probably around the same time that I actually started sleeping again. Though again some real life issues *cough*IceQueenGirlfriend*cough* were also part of the problem at the time.

Nowadays it's mostly just debt, sucky work schedule, no raise again this year (but we get an Ice Cream social and a free lotto ticket at work instead! Hur-fucking-ray!), and girl troubles.

So I apologize for my moodyness lately. I'm going to try and figure out solutions and get things on track again.
Tonight's game may be a little "make it up as I go" but I do have a few pages of notes and plan on printing out some monster stats for the upcoming combat.
Admittedly though it will be nice to be able to stretch my thoughts abit instead of stick to the plot of a long-ass dungeon crawl module.

So just to catch people up on stuff, the party currently finds themselves in a massive temple that is currently being used by monks of the Raven Queen. You went there to return the bones you had recovered from the Tomb of the Dreamer, only to discover that the temple also seems to be part of the path to the fabled valley of Vastranda according to the jade ring that Adia now wears. However, before this fact was explored further, the party was brought to the female monk in charge of the temple. There a familiar face unvieled himself and demanded revenge. The individual was a 10-12 year old by the name of Rusk who appears to be the identical twin brother of Grawl. The major differences being that Rusk appears less scarred and barbarian-esque than his sibling. Rusk claims that he will kill all the monks in the temple unless Saryon shares the same fate as Grawl and is turned to stone via Cockatrice bite.
Currently it looks as if a fight is about to break out as Bez has sacrificed himself to cause a diversion to free one of the monks. Though the female monk in charge of the temple is still within easy grasp of Rusk, who has yet to show what type of powers he has at his disposal.

I'll likely get a story update going. However it looks like I'll need to start a new threat and copy/paste as it appears the old one was closed.

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

In other news: I am expecting my copy of the new Tomb of Horrors "Super" adventure. I figure since that's basically the climax of the current storyline for this adventure it would be a shame not to take a look and see if there is anything salvagable from it. Originally I had intended on using the basic storyline of the Return to the Tomb of Horrors adventure from the 2nd edition days. I still may, or I may find a combination of the two. I'll have to read and just make sure that the new adventure isn't just too much of a dungeon crawl.

If you want, Shawn, I can unlock the summary thread.

Actually, I'm also pretty sure YOU can too. I believe users have the ability to unlock their OWN threads that were closed due to inactivity.

But start a new one if you want. :)

doomdragon6

Staff member

Damn. I miss the eventful sessions. A'right, I'ma be there tonight. I know I've been flaky recently, but I promise things'll get better once school starts again to get things more on schedule.

If anyone's interested, here are my notes for loot we're carrying / things to check out:

To sell:
Ring of Orcus: 220 gp
Jewels
--Ceremonial MAsk ------ 900 w/ Jewels
Blood Queen Coin?
Black Pearl = 500 gp (Divide by 5 = 100 gp)
Fire Opal = 1000 gp (Divide by 5 = 200 gp)
Moon Stone = 100 gp each

Anything to add to this?

Level 9 huh? Let's seee.. My new Daily is....

Hmmmm. Howling Hurricane. Sounds fun. All my dailies are so boring it doesn't really matter. This one at least lets me slide bitches.

So it's an hour to game time and IO still have no idea where my family is, or what dinner plans are gonna be, et cetera. I might be a bit late, but I'll be there tonight.

doomdragon6

Staff member

I'm really frustrated that I can't find my gf's Pokemon FireRed cartridge.

I just wanted the world to know that, for some reason.

doomdragon6

Staff member

THURSDAYS! It's always THURSDAYS! Nothing happens here on any other day, but come Thursday, shit happens! People kept coming over to hang out.

Gyuh. I'm sure you guys are 'bout fed up with this.

The, Doom. The. :p

Did not expect that turn of events with Rusk at all. We're in such a weird position right now. And hey, more character development, and a new character to be murdered within 3 months. DISCOOORD!!!

Anyone else have lag problems with gametable last night? I stopped rolling my second attack roll it got so frustrating. Shawn was telling me I hit before it appeared as a roll on my screen. Weird, I would think I would see it first before others.

Anyway, thoughts on the strikers performance?

Striker performed well, but it's kinda easy to prove a striker against a single enemy.

I reserve judgement. :humph:

;)

Given that Avengers are a single target striker it was rather easy to show that ;) Sad though that the most damage done last night was Grendmirs dominating attack against Errik.

Yeah, and that I didn't have the presence of mind to use Wizard's Escape against that attack instead.

Yeah that happened during your tinkling time. D:

Best get a catheter for the next game. :whistling:

Shawn I have changed my macros to reflect my double d20 rolling against my Oath of Enmity, they now appear as follows;

Justicia rolls 0-AW BOND OF PURSUIT Attack [Melee, Divine, Weapon, WIS vs AC]: (2d20h1+5+5+1+4) : [(19,5)h1 + 5 + 5 + 1 + 4] = 34

Note that it rolls 2d20 and takes the highest roll

But for any attack I make where I am denied my oath target benefit, the first number shall be the attack roll. Thus in this example it would be 19.

Dude, get Character Builder. I didn't signup for a math class to calculate your attack bonuses.

:)

I actually got the chance to play with the full version of character builder this week in my regular campaign (regular defined as table top) and it was nice and fluid, but it did not modify any of the powers to the feats and magic items I had chosen except for for one item. It ignored all the other static effects that should be included, so I still had to memorize them and write them in by hand.

And whats wrong with the math? I do that so everyone can see how it is broken down instead of a lump +15. It's Ability + Weapon + Feat + Level, yes I suppose I should technically break weapon down into power and proficiency but that seemed a bit much.

:p

:tongue: Next level I'll just shorten it to +21 and say that's what Character Builder said!

Silliness aside, any XP for last night?

You kids and your proficiency bonuses...

I should be able to make basic melees with my tome.

Maybe this is just Errik, but I say we kill or otherwise solve the Rusk problem as soon as possible. I don't know what his reasons for coming here are, but they can't be good.

Why not just let this area continue to pick off his men first? It seems he's doing a good job of dwindling his forces for us. I'm sure he planned it the other way around, to have us be the meatshields, but we're smarter than Rusk... some of us are.

This last session was a blast. I like when unexpected stuff happens, or how we approach a situation fluxes the whole thing. Sorry if I was at all annoying, but since I got this maul, I've actually had room to let Grendmir's character have some kind of arc or development, and was taking RP each chance I got. I don't intend to be Kratash... unless the maul tells me to.

I just liked how everything you said this session was:

"<insert whatever you wanna say here>, THAT'S THE MAUL TALKING!"

Whenever I attack, its words to me come through my mouth, according to the item text.

...And when I'm not attacking it happens too, especially if I say something offensive or disagreeable. *cough*

BTW Shawn, sent my level 9 sheet.

New guy: You got some serious learnings to do about being a member of Discord. You didn't argue with or harm a fellow party member--not once!

Newb.

Just don't become helpless around him. He may take it as a sign you wish to join the embrace of the Raven Queen and coup de grace you. :heh:

Status
Not open for further replies.