Rant VIII: The Reckoning

I... messed up. Pretty horribly. I really hurt a friend and teammate of mine. I let my worry, my frustration and my emotions override my judgement and I said a horrible thing, and worst of all, I did all this in a cubicle environment where a couple of people overheard (I honestly didn't realize I was talking this loud). I failed this person as a friend, a teammate and a leader and it's eating me up. I've already apologized to this person, to my boss for poorly representing mh employer and to the person who overheard for putting them in an uncomfortable position. I haven't yet apologized to the client whose building we work in as they weren't at their cubicle, but that's my first stop tomorrow.

All the apologies were accepted. The person in question also apologized to me for various shit, so I think the friendship can be salvaged at least.

None of that changes the fact that I probably lost a teamnate because I got too animated and made the work environment toxic. Even if we get a replacement tomorrow, that's always going to hang over us.

Fuck.

I... messed up. Pretty horribly. I really hurt a friend and teammate of mine. I let my worry, my frustration and my emotions override my judgement and I said a horrible thing, and worst of all, I did all this in a cubicle environment where a couple of people overheard (I honestly didn't realize I was talking this loud). I failed this person as a friend, a teammate and a leader and it's eating me up. I've already apologized to this person, to my boss for poorly representing mh employer and to the person who overheard for putting them in an uncomfortable position. I haven't yet apologized to the client whose building we work in as they weren't at their cubicle, but that's my first stop tomorrow.

All the apologies were accepted. The person in question also apologized to me for various shit, so I think the friendship can be salvaged at least.

None of that changes the fact that I probably lost a teamnate because I got too animated and made the work environment toxic. Even if we get a replacement tomorrow, that's always going to hang over us.

Fuck.
Apologizing readily and freely probably mitigated most of the damage. You did good there, at least. Focus on that.

Dave

Staff member
When you are packed in closely in an office environment these things happen. Don't beat yourself up too badly about it. As long as you learned from it and since you did apologize - and mean it - I think it'll blow over.

Can't sell if no one's buying. I posted an ad for the house share of Craigslist and Reddit. Got a grand total of TWO replies to Craigslist, and got shouted down on Reddit. I can't force anyone to come in if there's no interest.

Can't sell if no one's buying. I posted an ad for the house share of Craigslist and Reddit. Got a grand total of TWO replies to Craigslist, and got shouted down on Reddit. I can't force anyone to come in if there's no interest.
How far are you from WVU or the nearest campus? Fliers on campus might help.

Shenanigans. All shenanigans. It's like you'll be claiming that curling is a real sport next.

I really enjoy curling, I know it's real. I wanna see if I can actually learn to play.

...Water? That's Used Heineken they're vaulting over. *shudder*
FTFY[DOUBLEPOST=1508991847,1508991814][/DOUBLEPOST]
Shenanigans. All shenanigans. It's like you'll be claiming that curling is a real sport next.

I really enjoy curling, I know it's real. I wanna see if I can actually learn to play.
Speaking of curling, watched the movie "Men With Brooms" earlier. Pretty darn funny.

Who has two thumbs and had her septic fail? This chick!

A years worth of savings and and extra 4000 gone. Not quite sure how we're going to make it through, to be honest. I've said that before, however, and we always do make it by the skin of our teeth.

Still, ouch.

Who has two thumbs and had her septic fail? This chick!

A years worth of savings and and extra 4000 gone. Not quite sure how we're going to make it through, to be honest. I've said that before, however, and we always do make it by the skin of our teeth.

Still, ouch.
Oh man, I feel you. We moved 11 people into a house previously supporting only 2, and while it has 5 bedrooms and the septic field is sized, theoretically, according to that, I really worry about this. Fortunately it appears to be keeping up with our 250 gallon a day water addiction. We just had the tank cleaned, and so far so good, but I think we're going to be cleaning it every three years just in case.

I'm just holding my breath for news similar to yours, even with a clean bill of health.

Oh man, I feel you. We moved 11 people into a house previously supporting only 2, and while it has 5 bedrooms and the septic field is sized, theoretically, according to that, I really worry about this. Fortunately it appears to be keeping up with our 250 gallon a day water addiction. We just had the tank cleaned, and so far so good, but I think we're going to be cleaning it every three years just in case.

I'm just holding my breath for news similar to yours, even with a clean bill of health.
Dude, I only have one piece of advice: make sure you know what your kids are flushing. Jet, apparently, was sneaking his sisters baby wipes and flushing them to cover his crimes. Totally blocked the leech lines. Pumped it thinking it was full, nope...then we dig up and find that the field was basically just clogged with these things.

Kids are costly but Jesus Tap dancing CHRIST.

I feel your pain. We had major septic repairs a few years ago. Our builder totally cheaped out and used a super low end pump even though we have a huge system. He also used cardboard and rocks to finish our installation. Our repair guys were actually taking pictures of it and laughing when they saw it which is never a good sign.

Our septic problems at the time were unrelated to the pump but thank god that the repair guys told us about it because it was rated for a system way smaller than ours and with it being used on a much larger system for so long, it could have blown at any time and that would have been catastrophically expensive with everything reburied. So in addition to the initial repairs, the full clean out and a pump, it was a pricey few days. At least the company had a funny truck. We take crap from everybody!

I feel your pain. We had major septic repairs a few years ago. Our builder totally cheaped out and used a super low end pump even though we have a huge system. He also used cardboard and rocks to finish our installation. Our repair guys were actually taking pictures of it and laughing when they saw it which is never a good sign.

Our septic problems at the time were unrelated to the pump but thank god that the repair guys told us about it because it was rated for a system way smaller than ours and with it being used on a much larger system for so long, it could have blown at any time and that would have been catastrophically expensive with everything reburied. So in addition to the initial repairs, the full clean out and a pump, it was a pricey few days. At least the company had a funny truck. We take crap from everybody!
I didn't know if I should like or hug this post but you got a like because of the truck slogan. :p

My grilfriend's house uses a septic tank. She also has an appartment for rent downstairs. One of her former renters clogged the pump twice while she was there. The first time was with baby wipes (which, fair enough, I did NOT know those were not flushable).

The second time, however, was with a pair of underwear. And before you ask, like I did, if they were, like, edible or break-away panties, they were not. My father-in-law described them as "parachute underpants".

My grilfriend's house uses a septic tank. She also has an appartment for rent downstairs. One of her former renters clogged the pump twice while she was there. The first time was with baby wipes (which, fair enough, I did NOT know those were not flushable).

The second time, however, was with a pair of underwear. And before you ask, like I did, if they were, like, edible or break-away panties, they were not. My father-in-law described them as "parachute underpants".
Who would flush baby wipes in the first place?