Random Video Game Crap

Digital Homicide: Hey, see those mountains? They're asset flips, but we put tens of thousands of code into the game so you can see them. Worship us.

Gamer: Uh, yeah, these are pretty terrible mountains and don't really fit with the rest of the terrain. Plus, I just clipped right through them.

DH: FUCK YOU YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME. WE'LL SUE YOU FOR SAYING MEAN THINGS ABOUT OUR MOUNTAINS.

figmentPez

Staff member
Nintendo: That mountain is the pile of money we made off of Pokemon. That mountain is the money we made from Mario. That mountain....

Unknown Worlds: See those mountains? Actually, wait, the mountains won't load until you're about five feet away. Okay, there you go. Now, see those mountains? They're actually underwater. Also they hide deep, terrible, untold secrets. Also don't get too close otherwise your game will crash.

Volition: See those mountains? You're now riding down the side of the mountain on a velociraptor while Kanye's Power plays in the background, and UFOs hover in the sky, and the UFOs are making gang signs.

Hello Games: Our mountains are bigger than any other mountain you've ever seen before! No other developer could imagine these mountains! You can climb every part of it, any way you want, right to the peak! So many things can happen in these mountains! Everything and anything is possible! Deep, never-ending caves to explore! You can fight yetis! Meet other mountain climbers! Ski the slopes! Recreate Sylvester Stallone's Cliffhanger! Julie Andrews will personally show up to your house and sing The Hills are Alive while you trek up the mountain!

Consumers: Yeah, uh, this mountain is actually pretty dull. I can climb to the top, but it's long, arduous, boring, and when I reach the peak, it just shoots me all the way back down to the bottom. Literally nothing about this mountain is like you promised. Where's Sly? Where's Julie Andrews? Where are the yetis?

Hello Games: Oh! Yes. Well. Um. Hey, what's that over there?
I'm outta here.gif

GasBandit

Staff member
The block selection in Empyrion is pretty good, but still not quite good enough... It's very difficult to realistically reproduce a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda.

figmentPez

Staff member
Watching the chaos TFS causes in River City Ransom: Underground makes me shudder at the thought of playing with Terrik

Last edited:
Huh, so that Jontron guy has become an alt-right white genocide dude.

Wow.
Yeah, he's been that way for a few months. It's almost certainly the reason why he makes maybe one video a month now and why he's been having trouble with sponsor ship.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Maker Studios dropped him in the recent purge. Disney wouldn't want to be within 10 feet of him.

Yeah, he's been that way for a few months. It's almost certainly the reason why he makes maybe one video a month now and why he's been having trouble with sponsor ship.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Maker Studios dropped him in the recent purge. Disney wouldn't want to be within 10 feet of him.
Oh shit, and because of that, he's now cemented in his opinion that that the Jews want to genocide him and his culture. I'm sure he'll be making videos with Sargon of Whatever or Thunderf33t soon enough.

JESUS, AND HE'S IRANIAN?!

WHAT THE FUCK?

Youtuber who makes mildly amusing videos. He used to be part of Game Grumps too.
All I know about Game Grumps is something about them crowdfunding a game, doing about half of it, then saying, "Yeah, we're done with this, fuck you, we're not refunding your money."

Edit: Fucking wow. Real class act there.

Last edited:
All I know about Game Grumps is something about them crowdfunding a game, doing about half of it, then saying, "Yeah, we're done with this, fuck you, we're not refunding your money."

Edit: Fucking wow. Real class act there.
Wasn't that Yogscast? Game Grumps haven't done a crowd funding thing to my knowledge.

I mean, I shouldn't be surprised he's an alt-righter. He looks like the spitting image of most of them. Overweight, shitty, shitty beard.

GasBandit

Staff member
If you ask me, Jontron's best stuff came back before he was a Grump. His recent, post-Grump stuff feels... I dunno, overproduced? If that's a thing? I think the reason why they come out so infrequently is because now instead of a one man racket, he's now got cameramen and writers and editors and shit. The set and costume design for his recent star wars series was way too high production for the actual content being delivered. I miss the old days of his reviewing old obscure DOS games comedically.

If you ask me, Jontron's best stuff came back before he was a Grump. His recent, post-Grump stuff feels... I dunno, overproduced? If that's a thing? I think the reason why they come out so infrequently is because now instead of a one man racket, he's now got cameramen and writers and editors and shit. The set and costume design for his recent star wars series was way too high production for the actual content being delivered. I miss the old days of his reviewing old obscure DOS games comedically.
Which is also why it came out MONTHS after it was supposed to. Remember though, Maker Studios (his production company) is owned by Disney, which is the main reason WHY he has all this production value and WHY he was able to do all the Star Wars stuff.

I thought those were the same people for some reason.
No, Game Grumps is Arin Hanson (Egoraptor) and Dan Avidan/Danny Sexbang from Ninja Sex Party, along with Arin's wife Suzanne Berhow and NSP's keyboardist Brian Wecht (who gave up a career as a theoretical physicist for Youtube stardom).

Yogscast is basically a brand at this point, with over a dozen channels of content. It's a different company with different people.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yogscast will always, to me, be the irritating sound of a british lower-class NEET screaming "LEWIIIIIS" at the slightest provocation.

Jim Sterling did a review of the new Zelda. He gave it 7/10 and didn't see the same game that everyone was praising. Which, you know, is fair because that's how opinions work. He liked it, though, as a 7 would indicate.

Except his site has been DDOS'd and the barrage of comments he's getting range from "you did it for the clicks" to "Sony bought you." And of course, the ever classic, "Why not just do an OBJECTIVE review!"

In other words, people are dumb and think anonymity gives them the right to be assholes?

That's what I think is hilarious. None of them would react that way if it were a live person in front of them giving their opinion.

Last edited:

fade

Staff member
Hmm. Can't imagine what it's like to mostly like things but only have people remember the parts you disliked....