Random Video Game Crap

Played in the open beta with my buds for about 3 hours, that's pretty much what happened.

Pretty decent game but I'll probably pass with Andromeda coming out in 3 weeks.

I can't believe the Switch is out in a week. Not buying it, at least not then, but it feels weird.

New Zelda.
Three weeks later, Dark Souls 3 DLC.
One week after that, Persona 5.

Zelda's just going to have to wait since those other two are already paid for.

Even with the embargo the first impressions of the new Zelda all sounds good
The comparisions I've been hearing about Zelda are that it's "as polished and impressive as a Western AAA title".

... Aren't they supposed to try and sell me on the game? Why would I want a Western style game from Nintendo?

The comparisions I've been hearing about Zelda are that it's "as polished and impressive as a Western AAA title".

... Aren't they supposed to try and sell me on the game? Why would I want a Western style game from Nintendo?
That's kind of the way I feel too. Not gonna lie.

I feel like a special snowflake considering I have 0 fucking interest in Zelda.

I would say the same about the switch but maybe I'll get it in 3-4 years for my daughter.

I haven't owned a Nintendo system since the SNES. But that's just me. I mean, by the same token, I haven't owned a Sony system since the PS2.

I'd have liked upgrading, but time and money never allowed me to justify the expense, you know?

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
My roommate had a N64 in college. I played the hell out of some Starfox, Blast Corps and Killer Instinct Gold. He also had goldeneye but pshft, I had Quake and Duke3d.

I...had no idea anyone was trying to revive the franchise.
Looks like they brought the banter from the Cary Elwes version, and they've brought some of the spell names, but the style and combat are completely different, more Skyrim-y.

--Patrick

Oh man, I lost track of this series. I didn't realize they were up to 4! I remember liking the first one, although a lot of that is from Cary Elwes.

Oh man, I lost track of this series. I didn't realize they were up to 4! I remember liking the first one, although a lot of that is from Cary Elwes.
Well, it's been 20 years since Bard's Tale III: The Thief of Fate. The Cary Elwes one is the same name under license but not part of the same series.

This one is being developed some of the people who made the first few at Interplay (Brian Fargo is the head of the project). It's on kickstarter.

I haven't played a Bard's Tale since...

I still have the first three. I've only personally finished I and II, though.
I know the Cary Elwes version is non-canon, but I did buy it so Kati and I could play through it together someday. We haven't even broken the shrink wrap yet, though.

--Patrick

Speaking of EA/Bioware and abusive retail practices: This week the "Unstable Arbiter's Lightsaber", a platinum drop, is available for direct purchase for 7,600 Cartel Coins. That makes the price in real world money effectively $60 + tax ($39.99 for 5500 CC + $19.99 for 2400 CC).

You almost have to admire the balls it takes to ask the cost of a full game for a piece of "horse armor".