[Webcomic] PVP Discussion

Dave

Staff member
Down for everyone tells me it's up, but I can't get to any of the sites. I thought maybe my work started checking my logs.

NR: The entire Blind Ferret network has been down for most of the morning (US time). That includes LICD, GWS, and Tastemaker's websites.

NR: The entire Blind Ferret network has been down for most of the morning (US time). That includes LICD, GWS, and Tastemaker's websites.
I wonder if it's just WotC level traffic that's bringing the network down. I can't imagine that PvP has nearly as many fans as WotC in general and D&D specifically does. Also, if this project is being done in conjunction with WotC, why didn't Scott have them pony up the server, instead of crushing poor little Blind Ferret.

WotC should have vetted his server setup. This outage reflects badly on them.
They chose Kurtz as the artist for this project even given his complete and utter inability to get his comics up on time, to work ahead on a consistent basis, or to run a WoW character based comic. There was very little left of (this side of) them for the server outage to reflect badly on in the first place.

Hmm, whatever problems you folks are having with Table Titans are unrelated to the BF server problems. I have had no problems with the Table Titans site, it's not giving me the same "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. " messages the BF sites are.

Hmm, whatever problems you folks are having with Table Titans are unrelated to the BF server problems. I have had no problems with the Table Titans site, it's not giving me the same "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. " messages the BF sites are.
Yep, looks like you're right. It's up for me now. Before it was just giving me the "coming soon" page unless I refreshed the page after loading it.

Though Scott is the registered owner of the site.

Any other outages going on? Amazon was molasses-slow earlier, and their server issues can take down wide swaths of seemingly unrelated internet with it.

Hmm... several of these North American outages seem to be affecting New Zealand. Wonder if it has anything to do with Kim Dotcom relaunching Mega recently.

Blind Ferret has done us this service: we're not complaining about Kurtz's posting schedule.

Of course, I'm just wondering if Emrys' doomweasels finally found the cable that connected Blind Ferret to the internet, and started to chew vigorously.

Blind Ferret has done us this service: we're not complaining about Kurtz's posting schedule.

Of course, I'm just wondering if Emrys' doomweasels finally found the cable that connected Blind Ferret to the internet, and started to chew vigorously.
Ooh! Ooh! Can we complain about the fact that, while every other artist that uses Blind Ferret for their hosting seems to have made alternate arrangements for displaying their comics (Facebook, Tmblr, backup hosting), Kurtz hasn't? Or that his only posts about the event on Twitter have been either "yeah, we know, it's down," or the half-angsty overly-dramatic "It's much easier to tear down than build up. Big thanks to everyone working tirelessly to get the PVP site back up for us. Hang tight guys." ?

Ooh! Ooh! Can we complain about the fact that, while every other artist that uses Blind Ferret for their hosting seems to have made alternate arrangements for displaying their comics (Facebook, Tmblr, backup hosting), Kurtz hasn't? Or that his only posts about the event on Twitter have been either "yeah, we know, it's down," or the half-angsty overly-dramatic "It's much easier to tear down than build up. Big thanks to everyone working tirelessly to get the PVP site back up for us. Hang tight guys." ?
This, so much this!

Looks like he actually set up a redirect from the Blind Ferret servers to the one he's using to host TT.

Curiously enough, the ECCC site is down right now as well, and people are having to go to their facebook page to order tickets. Though, that one could be from sheer volume.

Honestly, I thought the whole Arjun-as-a-villain thing was just an overt nod to how Cole made Max into a villain, solely because Max was basically better than Cole in every way (and Cole thought he slept with someone he liked in college). If they hadn't done that last bit about how he was basically swearing to return to steal Marcy away I'd still be thinking that.