Probably the Sickest Thing I've Ever Read

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://freakoutnation.blogspot.ca/2013/06/police-mother-let-boyfriend-rape-her-4.html

It takes a lot to shock me these days. There are so many things that I've read or heard about that I've become so desensitized to most news pieces.

This? This one sickens me.

This is the kind of person that I really can't see Charlie Don't Surf defending. This is the kind of person that I don't wish for his death, because that would be too easy. This guy should suffer for the rest of his life in the most agonizing way possible. Same goes for the mother.

I don't think it has to be considered "defending" someone's actions just because you don't believe death/physical suffering should be inflicted upon a person. I don't really understand the mentality that hurting people somehow makes up for them hurting people.

Obviously they have done something despicable.

No one can imagine the suffering that child went through. The inconsolable pain of those who may have known and loved that child must leave them so confused. Certainly this kind of crime confuses me. Empathy for those hurt by this, an effort to protect others in future; I believe these are healthier responses than rage and punitive suffering inflicted against the perpetrators. There is a justice system, and we can argue about its flaws forever, but it is there because we have acknowledged that vengeful acts committed against criminals is not beneficial to society, nor is it just.

I don't think it has to be considered "defending" someone's actions just because you don't believe death/physical suffering should be inflicted upon a person. I don't really understand the mentality that hurting people somehow makes up for them hurting people..
agreed x 1,000

And yes, this person is a very bad person and did very bad things.

GasBandit

Staff member
Missouri is a death penalty state. We can only hope those involved in the trial have the right opinion - that if anyone deserves to die, it's a man who rapes a 4 month old infant to death - and seek, obtain, and carry out the death penalty. I'd be surprised if they don't, it falls under their definition of what constitutes a capital crime - "outrageously or wantonly vile, horrible or inhuman"

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/missouri-law/missouri-capital-punishment-laws.html

Missouri is a death penalty state. We can only hope those involved in the trial have the right opinion
I hope no one misconstrues this as "defending" him, but obligatory keep me out of your we, the state still shouldn't murder people and his execution will deter zero rapists / murderers

GasBandit

Staff member
I hope no one misconstrues this as "defending" him, but obligatory keep me out of your we, the state still shouldn't murder people and his execution will deter zero rapists / murderers
Here's where we go through the same old song and dance, where I post links in support of it being a deterrent, and you post links in opposition, and I say he shouldn't live the rest of his life in a federal resort at taxpayer expense, and you point out that the appeals process on death row drags it out and makes it cost more than a life sentence would, and I say that just shows the system is broken and should be streamlined because a bullet in the head costs less than anything, and you gasp in horror at the thought of some kind of barbaric frontier justice, and I get tired of your bleeding heart nonsense and start insulting you personally, and you mysteriously disappear.

There, I just saved us all 6 pages.

Here's where we go through the same old song and dance, where I post links in support of it being a deterrent, and you post links in opposition, and I say he shouldn't live the rest of his life in a federal resort at taxpayer expense, and you point out that the appeals process on death row drags it out and makes it cost more than a life sentence would, and I say that just shows the system is broken and should be streamlined because a bullet in the head costs less than anything, and you gasp in horror at the thought of some kind of barbaric frontier justice, and I get tired of your bleeding heart nonsense and start insulting you personally, and you mysteriously disappear.

...The Aristocrats!

Necronic

Staff member

you missed the part where someone points out the number of death row inmates that get exhonerated on DNA evidence, which eliminates the possibility of a speedy appeals process.

GasBandit

Staff member
you missed the part where someone points out the number of death row inmates that get exhonerated on DNA evidence, which eliminates the possibility of a speedy appeals process.
I considered that part of the "aghast at barbaric frontier justice" thing. As technology has progressed and DNA evidence is now coming out during the actual trial instead of being used to reopen 30 year old cold cases, I think we can cut down on that.

Now if only society expressed this level of disgust for abortions of viable fetuses. I suppose being asphyxiated, torn, and crushed outside the womb is worse than having it done inside the womb. Additionally arbortion is done more often for personal convenience, and less for sexual gratification, so there's that difference as well. Also post viable abortions occur at a rate of 2 to 5 thousand per year, so it's not as sensational as a rare infant murder.

Now if only society expressed this level of disgust for abortions of viable fetuses. I suppose being asphyxiated, torn, and crushed outside the womb is worse than having it done inside the womb. Additionally arbortion is done more often for personal convenience, and less for sexual gratification, so there's that difference as well. Also post viable abortions occur at a rate of 2 to 5 thousand per year, so it's not as sensational as a rare infant murder.
not people

Necronic

Staff member
hrm. Death Penalty, check. Abortions, check....

Hey guys who thinks Islam is an inherently violent religon?

hrm. Death Penalty, check. Abortions, check....

Hey guys who thinks Islam is an inherently violent religon?
I'm looking through my list and I'm pretty sure it goes holocaust, then Islam bashing, then Christian bashing.

Am I behind the times? Maybe I need to update my escalation chart...

Necronic

Staff member
I'm looking through my list and I'm pretty sure it goes holocaust, then Islam bashing, then Christian bashing.

Am I behind the times? Maybe I need to update my escalation chart...
Oh man! How did I forget the holocaust?

Probably because it never happened

http://freakoutnation.blogspot.ca/2013/06/police-mother-let-boyfriend-rape-her-4.html

It takes a lot to shock me these days. There are so many things that I've read or heard about that I've become so desensitized to most news pieces.

This? This one sickens me.

This is the kind of person that I really can't see Charlie Don't Surf defending. This is the kind of person that I don't wish for his death, because that would be too easy. This guy should suffer for the rest of his life in the most agonizing way possible. Same goes for the mother.

I'm done.

Fuck this.

I'm done.

Dave

Staff member
I'm in a thread about baby rape...and I'm laughing at the comments. Does that make me a bad person?

Status
Not open for further replies.