Export thread

Probably the Sickest Thing I've Ever Read

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

http://freakoutnation.blogspot.ca/2013/06/police-mother-let-boyfriend-rape-her-4.html

It takes a lot to shock me these days. There are so many things that I've read or heard about that I've become so desensitized to most news pieces.

This? This one sickens me.

This is the kind of person that I really can't see Charlie Don't Surf defending. This is the kind of person that I don't wish for his death, because that would be too easy. This guy should suffer for the rest of his life in the most agonizing way possible. Same goes for the mother.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Jesus... Christ. I need to take a walk.

Dave

Dave

The fuck?!?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I don't think it has to be considered "defending" someone's actions just because you don't believe death/physical suffering should be inflicted upon a person. I don't really understand the mentality that hurting people somehow makes up for them hurting people.

Obviously they have done something despicable.

No one can imagine the suffering that child went through. The inconsolable pain of those who may have known and loved that child must leave them so confused. Certainly this kind of crime confuses me. Empathy for those hurt by this, an effort to protect others in future; I believe these are healthier responses than rage and punitive suffering inflicted against the perpetrators. There is a justice system, and we can argue about its flaws forever, but it is there because we have acknowledged that vengeful acts committed against criminals is not beneficial to society, nor is it just.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I don't think it has to be considered "defending" someone's actions just because you don't believe death/physical suffering should be inflicted upon a person. I don't really understand the mentality that hurting people somehow makes up for them hurting people..
agreed x 1,000

And yes, this person is a very bad person and did very bad things.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Missouri is a death penalty state. We can only hope those involved in the trial have the right opinion - that if anyone deserves to die, it's a man who rapes a 4 month old infant to death - and seek, obtain, and carry out the death penalty. I'd be surprised if they don't, it falls under their definition of what constitutes a capital crime - "outrageously or wantonly vile, horrible or inhuman"

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/missouri-law/missouri-capital-punishment-laws.html

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Missouri is a death penalty state. We can only hope those involved in the trial have the right opinion
I hope no one misconstrues this as "defending" him, but obligatory keep me out of your we, the state still shouldn't murder people and his execution will deter zero rapists / murderers

GasBandit

GasBandit

I hope no one misconstrues this as "defending" him, but obligatory keep me out of your we, the state still shouldn't murder people and his execution will deter zero rapists / murderers
Here's where we go through the same old song and dance, where I post links in support of it being a deterrent, and you post links in opposition, and I say he shouldn't live the rest of his life in a federal resort at taxpayer expense, and you point out that the appeals process on death row drags it out and makes it cost more than a life sentence would, and I say that just shows the system is broken and should be streamlined because a bullet in the head costs less than anything, and you gasp in horror at the thought of some kind of barbaric frontier justice, and I get tired of your bleeding heart nonsense and start insulting you personally, and you mysteriously disappear.

There, I just saved us all 6 pages.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Here's where we go through the same old song and dance, where I post links in support of it being a deterrent, and you post links in opposition, and I say he shouldn't live the rest of his life in a federal resort at taxpayer expense, and you point out that the appeals process on death row drags it out and makes it cost more than a life sentence would, and I say that just shows the system is broken and should be streamlined because a bullet in the head costs less than anything, and you gasp in horror at the thought of some kind of barbaric frontier justice, and I get tired of your bleeding heart nonsense and start insulting you personally, and you mysteriously disappear.

...The Aristocrats!

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

...The Aristocrats!
The only response you can do when faced with facts! ;)

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

let's get back to discussing this dude fucking a baby to death

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I take back my previous post, I should have said -I'm shocked you didn't respond with a simple "nah" which you normally do when confronted with facts and reality- my bad :)

GasBandit

GasBandit

6 seasons pages and a movie lock!

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'm of the belief that what he did was wrong. What are your guys' thoughts?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I'm of the belief that what he did was wrong. What are your guys' thoughts?
I think this is something that people should never do, under any circumstances.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Ugh classic Charlie with his extreme views.

Dave

Dave

And to think they do this in Africa all the time to cure AIDS. True story.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Or just because, for no reason.

Necronic

Necronic

you missed the part where someone points out the number of death row inmates that get exhonerated on DNA evidence, which eliminates the possibility of a speedy appeals process.

GasBandit

GasBandit

you missed the part where someone points out the number of death row inmates that get exhonerated on DNA evidence, which eliminates the possibility of a speedy appeals process.
I considered that part of the "aghast at barbaric frontier justice" thing. As technology has progressed and DNA evidence is now coming out during the actual trial instead of being used to reopen 30 year old cold cases, I think we can cut down on that.

Necronic

Necronic

ah ok, well then I'll go ahead and re-dissappear.

strawman

strawman

Now if only society expressed this level of disgust for abortions of viable fetuses. I suppose being asphyxiated, torn, and crushed outside the womb is worse than having it done inside the womb. Additionally arbortion is done more often for personal convenience, and less for sexual gratification, so there's that difference as well. Also post viable abortions occur at a rate of 2 to 5 thousand per year, so it's not as sensational as a rare infant murder.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Now if only society expressed this level of disgust for abortions of viable fetuses. I suppose being asphyxiated, torn, and crushed outside the womb is worse than having it done inside the womb. Additionally arbortion is done more often for personal convenience, and less for sexual gratification, so there's that difference as well. Also post viable abortions occur at a rate of 2 to 5 thousand per year, so it's not as sensational as a rare infant murder.
not people

Necronic

Necronic

hrm. Death Penalty, check. Abortions, check....

Hey guys who thinks Islam is an inherently violent religon?

strawman

strawman

I'm looking through my list and I'm pretty sure it goes holocaust, then Islam bashing, then Christian bashing.

Am I behind the times? Maybe I need to update my escalation chart...

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

We're about to hit Halforums Bingo in under 25 posts.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Steak

Necronic

Necronic

I'm looking through my list and I'm pretty sure it goes holocaust, then Islam bashing, then Christian bashing.

Am I behind the times? Maybe I need to update my escalation chart...
Oh man! How did I forget the holocaust?

Probably because it never happened

Shakey

Shakey

grandpa-simpson-gif.gif

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

This went well.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

http://freakoutnation.blogspot.ca/2013/06/police-mother-let-boyfriend-rape-her-4.html

It takes a lot to shock me these days. There are so many things that I've read or heard about that I've become so desensitized to most news pieces.

This? This one sickens me.

This is the kind of person that I really can't see Charlie Don't Surf defending. This is the kind of person that I don't wish for his death, because that would be too easy. This guy should suffer for the rest of his life in the most agonizing way possible. Same goes for the mother.

I'm done.

Fuck this.

I'm done.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Dave

Dave

I'm in a thread about baby rape...and I'm laughing at the comments. Does that make me a bad person?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'm in a thread about baby rape...and I'm laughing at the comments. Does that make me a bad person?

Ba-dup-bup-bada-bup! HALFORUMS!

*Jazz hands*

Cajungal

Cajungal

Gotta cope somehow. If you don't laugh, you'll cry. And possibly give up all hope.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

I've never taken a meme seriously until now:

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Baby murder too, let's give credit where it's due.

Dave

Dave

Baby murder too, let's give credit where it's due.

Is it weird that I regard the knowing rape of the baby to be more disturbing than the murder of same as the result of the rape? I mean, the mom didn't want the baby to die, but she knew well what this guy was going to do.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I would've marked this (I)nformative, but I already knew it, hence the brofist. Think of it as the Солидарность equivalent of a brofist.
Is it weird that I regard the knowing rape of the baby to be more disturbing than the murder of same as the result of the rape?
No, I don't think of it as weird. In my personal opinion, the intent and follow-through are FAR more heinous than the incidental stuff that happened as a result. Note that I am assuming we both think of both as heinous, just that the first one is moreso.

--Patrick

T

The_Khan

so.... huh.... erm..... eh? .... Fuck ....

Shawn

Shawn

I can't finish reading this.
My daughter is 4 months old...
When I get home from work I'm just going to hold her close for like two days.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Hey guys do you sit or stand to pee?

Dave

Dave

Depends on how tired I am.

T

The_Khan

subway or quinos?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Depends mostly on how quiet I'm trying to be.
To a lesser extent, how dark it is.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

This seems like the most appropriate semi-recent thread to throw this in. Soccer: the official sport of (played, watched, and refereed by) quasi-sapient subhumans barely constrained by higher thought. Ref makes call. Player disagrees with call, hits ref. Ref stabs player, player dies. Fans storm field, subdue, draw, quarter ref, place his head on a spike. Stay classy, Brazil.

And to add insult to injury, the game ends a tie 1-1.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Sooooo.... Do Brazillian soccer teams usually have head spikes just lying around all over the place?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

When I first read the headline to that story, I thought it was, like, a metaphor. "Put his head on a pike" hasn't been a literal sentence for some time. Horrific.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I don't believe that story is real. 2 goals in a soccer game? Come on.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Fans storm field, subdue, draw, quarter ref, place his head on a spike.
Well, at least you didn't link to the video.

Also, neither did I.

--Patrick

BananaHands

BananaHands

I mean if someone WAS to link the video...

bhamv3

bhamv3

Psht, fine, here's the video.

Bowielee

Bowielee

bhamv3

bhamv3

I hate my life.

GasBandit

GasBandit