Opening Day!

Who will win it all this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my perfect baseball world the Phillies, Yankees, and D-Backs all get eliminated in the first round. Especially the Phillies. At this point I'm just rooting for the Brewers, Cardinals, Tigers, or Rangers.
It's like Xmas! Weeeeeeee!

Out of the original poll I put up, only the Rangers remain. Can they make it all the way? Is this the year for them? Or will it be the surprisingly powerful Brewers? The Detroit Verlanders? Maybe the St. Louis Cardinals, who made it at the very last minute?

From here on out my money is on the Cardinals. They've got the big mo right now. The Brewers are pretty fearsome, though, so I wouldn't totally count them out. In the AL I see the Rangers going to the World Series again after a close battle with the Tigers.

This is my status update on Facebook-

Ok Brew Crew, this is your chance. You've been waiting 30 years to stick it to the Cardinals. I was almost 5 when I stayed up late listening to the Brewers '82 season on WTMJ, Bob Uecker singing me to sleep with yells of home runs. Time to make me feel like a 5 year old again. This time we beat the Cardinals.

K

kaykordeath

Solution to drought anywhere in the world: Send in Justin Verlander

This is my status update on Facebook-

Ok Brew Crew, this is your chance. You've been waiting 30 years to stick it to the Cardinals. I was almost 5 when I stayed up late listening to the Brewers '82 season on WTMJ, Bob Uecker singing me to sleep with yells of home runs. Time to make me feel like a 5 year old again. This time we beat the Cardinals.
Point of order?
The Crew were being heard on WISN 1130 AM back in 1982.

It was just a one or two year thing when TMJ decided it didn't want to pay for the Brewers' radio rights. Fortunately, at the time, I lived south of Milwaukee, where you could actually pick up 1130AM. Apparently, WISN still fades out as you get beyond Pewaukee Lake.

So I went back through the thread and didn't see one person mention the Cardinals. I think they took everyone by surprise.

Any one want to pick a winner for next year?

Boy, I hope so. They already declined options on Betancourt and Rodriguez. At this rate they won't have much of a team next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.