Opening Day!

Who will win it all this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's amazing that the Brewers have basically fallen apart so quickly over the last month and a half. They look to be the worst team in the league all of a sudden. So many people are in a huge slump now. And it seems like only the really important players can't remember how to play baseball, while the bastards who can't play for #### are bulletproof.
Really FTFY.

And don't say anything about "flukes". The second we traded for Greinke in the off-season, it indicated that we were serious about trying to win the division.

And don't say anything about "flukes". The second we traded for Greinke in the off-season, it indicated that we were serious about trying to win the division.
:confused:

I don't think anyone was accusing the Brewers of being flukes. I was talking about how often the Giants are called flukes by Dodger, Phillies, A's, and Braves fans.

Awww yeah! Now if the Cards could get off that damn win streak!

Edit: Ah, so that's why it's 9! Lets see some more losses by St. Louis.

Magic/Tragic numbers around MLB:

American League
  • Yankees: 12 to clinch ALE over Boston
  • Boston: 12 to clinch Wild Card over Tampa
  • Tampa: 8 to elimination from ALE race
  • Toronto: 3 to elimination from Wild Card
  • Detroit: 4 to clinch ALC over Cleveland
  • White Sox: 3 to elimination from ALC race and Wild Card
  • Cleveland: 4 to elimination from Wild Card
  • Texas: 12 to clinch ALW over Angels
  • Angels: 10 to elimination from Wild Card
National League
  • Philadelphia: 5 to clinch NLE over Braves
  • Atlanta: 10 to clinch Wild Card over Saint Louis
  • Mets and Nationals: 1 to elimination from Wild Card
  • Saint Louis: 8 to elimination from NLC race
  • Cincinnati: 2 to elimination from Wild Card
  • Arizona: 6 to clinch NLW title over Giants
  • Giants: 8 to elimination from Wild Card
  • Dodgers: 1 to elimination from NLW race, 3 from Wild Card

At least there's another dozen years to go before we match the Phillies' 31 losing seasons out of 32 back in the Baker Bowl years.

It's like it's 1982 all over again; can't hold on to the division lead to save our lives.

The only thing that would be the complete kick in the head would be if something happened to Axford. Or worse yet, one of the starters. (shudder)

Yeah, disappointing game today. Egads, so close, and yet so far away. With our luck it could be decades before the Brewers see another playoff game.

We have 12 games to win 8 outright, or somehow pray that four teams that have absolutely NOTHING to play for can whip the Cardinals while we limp into the post-season.

Oh,and by the way, K-Rod is hating on how RRR's using him, while Prince is saying that after this year, he's through with the Crew.

It's such a WONderful time to be a Brewers fan. NOT.

Brewer magic number is now 7. About damn time! Now if only the Cardinals would start losing some games ::shakes fist:: already.

Giants, why must you tease us so? I know you won't make the playoffs. I know that the gap is too large, the rest of the season too short. And yet, you're suddenly playing so well... maybe...

Bah.

Sorry, but I can't help myself.

And it's been almost as long as when this jersey was worn by a Brewer that I had the chance to count down a REAL, Honest-to-God Magic Number. :)

At the end of July, the Cubs had the 2nd worst record in the majors, thus looking at the #2 pick in the draft.

Now they're looking at the #11 pick. Yay for playing great August/September baseball, Cubs.

The Giants were finally eliminated from the division race tonight. Bravo, Arizona. No one thought you had a chance and you prevailed.

Next year I hope the Giants crush you.

With all the division races tied up, all the remains to be settled are the wild cards - will it be Boston or Tampa Bay in the AL, Braves or Cards in the NL. Condolences to fans of the Minnesota Twins, who are finishing dead last in the AL and 2nd worst in MLB.

Status
Not open for further replies.