Opening Day!

Who will win it all this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally! Opening Day!

I've been anxiously waiting for baseball to return. This year promises to be full of excitement. A whole lot of teams look good (they always do on the first day), and the season holds nothing but potential. For me, it's all about watching my beloved Giants defend their championship.

Anyone else excited? Anyone else want to sound off for their team?

Dave

Staff member
Go Twins! Be nearly eliminated early but have a late season rally, then lose to the Yankees in the first round of the playoffs! I believe in you!

Go Mets!

It almost certainly won't happen. You know it, I know it, every Mets fan alive (and all the dead ones) knows it. But still we cheer.

No "who gives a shit?" option? :p
I thought people would have the good sense to ignore a thread they don't have an interest in, rather than waste everyone's time by posting how much they don't care. Apparently I was wrong.

I'm very optimistic about the Bombers this year, certainly more than I was before spring training. The new guys were looking good, and the vets seemed to show some promising improvements and fixes. Of course spring training is meaningless, so we'll see this April if our slow starters have improved, and if A.J. Burnett has decided to stop pitching Bi-polar.

So the Yanks beat the Tigers 6-3, and the bullpen was perfect. I think I might be able to remain optimistic.

I'm very optimistic about the Bombers this year, certainly more than I was before spring training. The new guys were looking good, and the vets seemed to show some promising improvements and fixes. Of course spring training is meaningless, so we'll see this April if our slow starters have improved, and if A.J. Burnett has decided to stop pitching Bi-polar.

So the Yanks beat the Tigers 6-3, and the bullpen was perfect. I think I might be able to remain optimistic.
They did look good, especially that ridiculous bomb Teixeira hit. On the other hand, the Red Sox look nasty this year too. I expect the AL East will be even more of a dogfight than it usually is.

I thought people would have the good sense to ignore a thread they don't have an interest in, rather than waste everyone's time by posting how much they don't care. Apparently I was wrong.

You my good sir have grossly overestimated me. :)

Dave

Staff member
Oh, Jebus...

how is that a burn?
Well...Someone (named Dave) keeps forgetting that the post counts/etc are still fucked up. So when I saw Jebus and his 1 trophy point my brain said, "Hey! New guy!" I thought he created an account specifically to refute your post. Turns out I was just stupid.

No, longtime lurker, rare poster

I thought Berkman was still on the Yankees too until watching the Cards/Padres game yesterday and he came up to bat.

Don't worry, I'm sure he'll hardly make any contribution to the team then get injured sometime in June and miss the rest of the season.
At least he's consistent. In about two hours, we'll see how many pitches it takes for Burnett to lose the strike zone.

Any Jays fans think Bautista and Manny are gonna be sharing needles?

Nah, I know, that's not fair. Manny probably doesn't use steroids.

Well, the Giants finally had their opening day today. They decided to play 2 extra practice games on Thursday and Friday so they could get all their errors and shitty defense out of their system. Now they're ready for the season!

:p

You know, I would have said something in this thread, but after this past weekend, I'm not as sure about things in the Brew Crew Nation.

Well, Texiera's sure off to a hot start. Usually April's a weak month for him.
I'm really happy about this. 4-12 in three games, with 3 homers and 7 RBIs. Hopefully he maintains this.

In a related note, I love Kevin Long.

It's only April... it's only April... it's only April...

If we're still doing what were doing now at the end of June, I'll start to believe. I'm tired of having the rug yanked out from under me 18 consecutive Mays.

I was surprised how many people at ESPN have been picking the Brewers to win the division. Then again I'm surprised at the number of people at ESPN who managed not to pick the Red Sox to win the AL East.

I was surprised how many people at ESPN have been picking the Brewers to win the division. Then again I'm surprised at the number of people at ESPN who managed not to pick the Red Sox to win the AL East.
ESPN is madly in love with Zach Greinke, and seem to think he is a pitching messiah brought to Milwaukee so he can usher in a golden age. Thus, they were all over the Brewers. It could still happen, but they have a few more kinks to work out first.

Status
Not open for further replies.