Opening Day!

Who will win it all this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
The Twins are making a move! They are now only 5 games out of first and are playing the first place team in a series this week.

Could there be hope on the horizon? Or will they shatter me again?

The Twins are making a move! They are now only 5 games out of first and are playing the first place team in a series this week.

They still have Matt Capps. You're doomed.

They're now 7 games back, so the move was backwards.

**still keeps his Astros gear on hand...

Hey, I got to see them in the World Series not all that long ago.

but I had to sell beer, because I could not afford a ticket.

So, do you figure the Astros will be eliminated by mid-August?

I wonder if they'll break the Mets' record for fewest wins in a season...

1.5 Games in back of the Division and (even though it's still too early for this) leading the wild card by 6.5

1.5 Games in back of the Division and (even though it's still too early for this) leading the wild card by 6.5
Let's go Yankees!

Though I have to give respect to Boston, winning 9 of their last 10 games, and the Rangers are on an absolute tear with 11 straight.

You have to give respect for Boston after they engineered one of the greatest reversals within a single season. Hell, within a single half season.

The Giants are holding strong at 3.5 ahead of the surprising D-backs. This is despite the devastating injuries to their most productive members of their lineup throughout the season. They're scrappy.

We are watching the weirdest merry-go-round on the top of the NL Central standings ever seen since they formed the division in 1994.

Last team to lose might end up being the division champ at this rate.

EDIT: Oh, great: Cardinals have the Cubs and 'Stros the last week of the season, while we have the Fish and the Pi-rates. And the Pirates face the Reds before they come our way.

It really, really would not surprise me if the Cards blow by both us and the Bucs to take the division title.

If there was any doubt that Phil Hughes was finished as a pitcher, this last game would have surely erased it. The Seattle Mariners beat the Yankees 9-2. The same Mariners that lost 17 games straight. Now, I'm sure the fielding and the hitting for the Yankees are to blame as well, and it looks like the bullpen was just giving runs away. But really, after a few other crummy starts following a long injury, if he can't get the job done against mediocre-to-poor teams, he doesn't belong in the majors.

You've got to be shitting me. Jerry Meals misses a call by FIVE FUCKING FEET, and none of the other three umpires has the balls to overrule him?

I saw the tagging motion, but no real sign of contact (no shift in the glove or uniform). Even if there was instant replay I doubt it would have changed the call. *shrug* maybe there's better video out there than what they bothered to show on MLB.tv's recaps.

If MLB says it's the wrong call they should just resume the game at a later date.

So. It's Felipe Lopez to take Rickie Weeks' place at 2B.

Definitely not an upgrade, but he's an adequate replacement.

It wouldn't be a Brewers pennant race without a key injury somewhere along the way.

That noise you hear from these parts isn't the Pirates' offense. It's the restless natives demanding to know why the team hasn't gone more aggressively after a bat. ANY bat.

When a guy just called up has more RBIs for July after a single AB than the starting first baseman, the fans start looking for their pitchforks and torches.

Status
Not open for further replies.