[MLB] Opening Day 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to panic... not going to panic...

The chattering classes are demanding a bat, a known quantity bat, in order to make a run at the Reds the rest of the way. I'm not so sure. The pitching has slipped dramatically since just before the Break. Correia has been demoted to the bullpen and has demanded a trade. Mac Donald has been shaky his last few starts, and Bedard just doesn't have it. The bullpen is solid, although Hanrahan is showing signs of overwork. Give me another starter so I'm not tempted to change the channel every time the opponents are at bat.

The Giants got Hunter Pence for a steal. That is a massive upgrade for them. Nice work. Now that teams are set, it's time to see what the Giants are really made of. They have all the offensive weapons they need to be competitive. No, they're not an offensive powerhouse by any means, but they've got a solid core of hitters who can get on base and get some RBIs. The starting rotation is still good, and it will be one of the best if Lincecum can pull his head out of his ass. The bullpen is shaky for some reason right now, but they're a talented group who can come together and dominate when everything is clicking. I like the Giants' chances for winning the NL West, but the Dodgers are no pushovers.

Also, fuck ESPN. Fuck their bullshit biased baseball coverage.

Just make him a setup guy, like he was before Brian Wilson got hurt. He's comfortable in that role. He can excel in that role. Then make Romo or Affeldt close the game. Affeldt's been closing pretty well lately.

And A. J. is just a happier person now that he's in Pittsburgh. He's having fun now, and that fun has rubbed off on the rest of the team. So has the winning attitude.

...and I could still see you guys miss the division, get to the wild card game and lose in extra innings.

Fuck you Cabrera. It took about 20 minutes after the announcement for me to hear about how the entire Giants organization is some evil, corrupt 'roid-dealing empire. We're going to have to hear this shit for a while because of you.

Someone want to pull Gared down from the ceiling? We don't want him to float away after what King Felix did this afternoon.

Don't have the numbers in front of me, but how many no-hitters or perfect games have the Rays now had thrown against them? They're the most common victim over the last three or four years, if memory serves.

And amazingly, as bad as the last 20 years have been in Pittsburgh, they haven't been no-hit since Bob Gibson did it in 1971.

I'm getting tired of self-proclaimed experts who pop out of the woodwork to say "I told you so!" about players.

"Oh, Colon got caught? That's no surprise. There have been rumors about him for months. People in baseball know who's using PEDs and who isn't."

Fuck off. If you know someone is cheating, then fucking say it now. Don't wait until they get caught and then claim you knew it was coming. I'm willing to bet you "experts" don't know shit and are just as surprised as the rest of us.

Or, they won't be able to sell people on the idea that they're baseball experts if they don't claim to have known everything beforehand! We can't have that!

(I'm looking at you, Kirkjian. Stick to convoluted stats and stop trying to convince people you know everything that's going on in every locker room.)

Yes, I also look for actual information and analysis rather than rumors and smug declarations of omniscience. We're funny that way, I suppose.

What exactly IS a "statistical abnormality"? And is it strange to anyone that three of the last four players who have been suspended for PED use happen to be from Latin American countries?

And is it strange to anyone that three of the last four players who have been suspended for PED use happen to be from Latin American countries?
Given the huge numbers of Latin players that make up the population of baseball players as a whole, no.

Fuck off. If you know someone is cheating, then fucking say it now. Don't wait until they get caught and then claim you knew it was coming. I'm willing to bet you "experts" don't know shit and are just as surprised as the rest of us.
When I said this, I didn't mean throw around wild accusations.

Skip Bayless suggested that Derek Jeter is using HGH... with zero evidence to back it up.

Fuck you, Bayless. You're still a worthless moron, and I don't know why ESPN keeps giving you airtime to drool into a microphone. Shouldn't you be off somewhere sucking Tebow's dick?

Status
Not open for further replies.