Official Goblins (comic) Thread

Will Chief ultimately survive this encounter?

• Yes, Chief will survive

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No, Chief will not survive

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • I can close this poll now?

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • When did we get that?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GasBandit

Staff member
... I, too, did not notice any keys peppered around the Maze of Many.
Well, the obvious ones they were referring to were the ones through the "antistat" walls, that the alt group needed Dumb-minmax to reach through the INT barrier to get the key... but I thought that was for the door in that room. I suppose not.

Well, the obvious ones they were referring to were the ones through the "antistat" walls, that the alt group needed Dumb-minmax to reach through the INT barrier to get the key... but I thought that was for the door in that room. I suppose not.
Didn't they lose those keys in the backpack that went into one of the null holes?

Didn't they lose those keys in the backpack that went into one of the null holes?
Did they even keep the keys after opening the chest? Presumably they would've just left them in the keyholes, wouldn't they?

Also, that second black-and-white flashback panel, where's that from?

EDIT: oh wait, it's from opening the chest, just found it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Has there been any reason given for the delay? I mean we're at almost a week between pages.
Yeah, the other guy who used to work on the strip with him quit, so he's doing it all by himself now, and he seems intent on doing the "high def" page versions as he goes now - usually he'll post the comic earlier in the week, then repost the fancy shaded version later in the week.

Dave

Staff member
Unless they can use the gears to keep what they have and remember everything. If the Psion could do it so can they if they have enough time to do it.

And what would happen if they entered the room now as well?

Well... all three of the Minmax party have been touched by the gears. It's entirely possible that was enough for them to remember next time and each sequential time. Plus they have allies in the the All Kin party, who would definitely want to get them out of the way as soon as possible. So it's likely they'd only have to repeat once or even a few times more.

I'm pretty sure Psionmax's arms are that way from the same process that caused Forgath's beard, Kin's tail, and Minmax's eye. My prediction is that they will reset and remember everything like Psionmax did. I'm pretty sure the other Kin's won't though. With the knowledge that they already have, they could make it through the maze easily before anyone even knows where to go.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm pretty sure Psionmax's arms are that way from the same process that caused Forgath's beard, Kin's tail, and Minmax's eye. My prediction is that they will reset and remember everything like Psionmax did. I'm pretty sure the other Kin's won't though. With the knowledge that they already have, they could make it through the maze easily before anyone even knows where to go.
Psymax's remembering what happens every round came from his having destroyed the counter in the starting area for his reality, it said back in his intro exposition.

figmentPez

Staff member
MinMax's sword went _somewhere_, and the dialog accompanying it suggested that was with the goblin party and speaking to Names. Unless Oblivious has some weird properties due to the time-loop nature of the Maze of Many, then that's where MinMax is headed next.

GasBandit

Staff member
MinMax's sword went _somewhere_, and the dialog accompanying it suggested that was with the goblin party and speaking to Names. Unless Oblivious has some weird properties due to the time-loop nature of the Maze of Many, then that's where MinMax is headed next.
What if, when the maze resets, he gets back the sword he entered the maze with (I think it was Dellyn's wood sword?), and doesn't remember Oblivious, until such time as they actually win the maze of many?

figmentPez

Staff member
What if, when the maze resets, he gets back the sword he entered the maze with (I think it was Dellyn's wood sword?), and doesn't remember Oblivious, until such time as they actually win the maze of many?
Then he's going to have to also get a green set of armor that looks a lot like his current color changing armor, as well.

Fuuuuuuck. I just want to get back the the main party. I don't care why there are zombies in the maze of many.

GasBandit

Staff member
At this point, he's pretty much a GM who has gotten a little too deep into his own world-building.
That and copy-pasted previous frames with a couple paragraphs of text makes for a much faster, easier second update per week. There are probably a handful of fanboys out there who gobble this stuff up and gush effusive praise every time he does it.

4 weeks of fauna talk
2 weeks get back to battle, Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas fighting off Orcs
splash in a comic describing one of Gimli's ax entire history
spend next year on Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas
suddenly switch to main party of Frodo and Sam
Spend two months there
Introduce new main character Golem

Jesus christ, it is Tolkienesque.

And it's not even that it's an altsplanation so much that it's for one I don't give a shit about.

If shit gets crazy IRL or he needs a vacation I'd understand throwing one up for
1)Psi-max
2)gold max with not Walter.

But then burn the notebook with all the rest.