[NFL] NFL Thread

I am getting pissed that ESPN keeps interrupting football games all weekend to show Fucking Mike Judge at bat. If I wanted to watch that shit, I'd be watching baseball. I thought my TV changed channels on me the first time it happened during a NCAA game.

I am getting pissed that ESPN keeps interrupting football games all weekend to show Fucking Mike Judge at bat. If I wanted to watch that shit, I'd be watching baseball. I thought my TV changed channels on me the first time it happened during a NCAA game.
I'd actually love to see them cut to Mike Judge batting that would be wild :awesome:

Dave

Staff member
You know it was bad when the announcers later say, "Good news! He has movement in all his limbs!"

Panthers fire Matt Rhule

Honestly, it’s about time. No progress is being made on offense. A good defense is getting trashed just from shear exhaustion. We have some good pieces in place, we just can’t put it all together.

I would not be opposed to blowing it all up and starting from scratch though.

I was actually impressed that they didn’t have to give up too much to get him. Most of the picks in next year’s draft were compensatory picks for 49ers coaches recently leaving for promotions with other teams.

So even if he explodes after the first tackle, or he doesn’t play as well as he has in the past, they didn’t really lose all of their draft stock. On the other hand, they gave away the farm to get Trey Lance back in 2021, and that has still failed to pay off, so…

Well, as expected after trading Christian McCaffrey and starting our 3rd string QB, PJ Walker, the Panthers went out and beat Tampa Bay 21-3.

Wait, wtf? How did that happen?

WooHoo!! Made the final in one league and 3rd place game in my other one. We’ll just have to see who is playing next week.
And the Texans won game #2, maybe there is some hope in the future.

Bills safety Damar Hamlin was seriously injured early in Monday night’s game.

He remained on the field for more than 10 minutes as medical personnel applied CPR and gave him oxygen, according to the ESPN broadcast.

Hamlin eventually left for a local hospital in an ambulance. (ProFootballTalk)

The game is currently suspended.

People have been donating to Hamlin's toy drive on GoFundMe.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah the local Fox affiliate is reporting that his heart is beating on its own but he’s not able to breathe on his own and has been largely unresponsive.

I guess but it seems like if his heart and lungs stopped for almost 10 minutes, I would think there would be some pretty bad brain damage. Hopefully I’m wrong but my layman’s instinct is that a normal life seems like a longshot.

I guess but it seems like if his heart and lungs stopped for almost 10 minutes, I would think there would be some pretty bad brain damage. Hopefully I’m wrong but my layman’s instinct is that a normal life seems like a longshot.
I believe 7 minutes is what is commonly accepted as the limit. But CPR/AR can extend that.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Also, apparently it's because Hamlin is vaxxed. Yes, his heart stopping is because of the Covid vaccine.

Dave

Staff member
Is this sarcasm? I am lacking sleep so forgive me if i am missing something.
Nope. That's a current conspiracy theory going around.

Dave

Staff member
In both of the fantasy football leagues that I commish I've decided that I'm not waiting on the NFL to decide. I'm taking the 1st & 2nd place money and pooling it, then split it between the two. I have one guy in each league that agrees and one that hasn't answered.

In both of the fantasy football leagues that I commish I've decided that I'm not waiting on the NFL to decide. I'm taking the 1st & 2nd place money and pooling it, then split it between the two. I have one guy in each league that agrees and one that hasn't answered.
I was playing championship in one league, I lost came in second, neither of us had players in that game. My other league I was playing the 3rd place game with Allen as my QB. I’ll probably lose that one as I don’t think the game will be played.

Dave

Staff member
I was playing championship in one league, I lost came in second, neither of us had players in that game. My other league I was playing the 3rd place game with Allen as my QB. I’ll probably lose that one as I don’t think the game will be played.
In both leagues they had players going in that game. And in both games it was going to be close. 3rd & 4the place was not in any doubt in either.