[NFL] NFL Thread

He's back with another season of weekly wrap-ups...

The Steelers drama is so bad, he needs to split that game off into a separate video.

Dave

Staff member
Geez there are some big names moving around today. Golden Tate to the Eagles, Demaryius Thomas to the Texans, Ty Montgomery to the Ravens. Brandon Marshall released.

You'd think Peterman would've learned to keep his mouth shut after the "Don't worry, I got this," statement to his coaches followed by immediately throwing interceptions on back to back pass attempts.

Dave

Staff member
Next up on the "I got videotaped beating up a woman and am going to get suspended" train: Kareem Hunt of the Kansas City Chiefs.

He and a female got into an altercation that turned physical. Now, I've watched the tape and I don't think it reaches even close to the Ray Rice video. Hunt never hits her. He pushes a guy who falls into the girl and both the girl and guy looked dazed. At the beginning he pushed her (not hard, didn't knock her over, but he DID get physical first) and then she hit him. A bunch of people kept trying to split them up but they BOTH kept wading in to the fray. The ONE thing he did that is going to get play is when she was down on the ground he kicked at her. Doesn't really look like it connected, but he did.

He's been sent home from the Chief's practices and will NOT be playing this Sunday. Spencer Ware is the fastest moving mother fucker in fantasy football history.

FAAAaaaan-tastic. Guess who my RB is in my long-running Fantasy Football League.

Congratulations, Kansas City, your franchise just got set back at least five years.

B

BErt

Congratulations, Kansas City, your franchise just got set back at least five years.
What were they supposed to do? Besides release him before the season when they originally found out about it i mean.

Dave

Staff member
What were they supposed to do? Besides release him before the season when they originally found out about it i mean.
When they first heard about it, it was he said/she said and he told them he did not touch her at all. So all they had to go on was his word, her word, and the words of the cops who said there was nothing there to press charges. Now that the video came out the Chiefs were like, "You lied to us. We trusted you. Buh-bye."

B

BErt

When they first heard about it, it was he said/she said and he told them he did not touch her at all. So all they had to go on was his word, her word, and the words of the cops who said there was nothing there to press charges. Now that the video came out the Chiefs were like, "You lied to us. We trusted you. Buh-bye."
No i get that but he made it sound like they shouldnt have dropped him at all.

(reads about latest bonehead move out of DC)

...they're going to sign Hunt, aren't they?

Snyder is turning his team into the Raiders for the 21st Century.

Dave

Staff member
They can’t. Hunt has been put on an exempt list by the NFL. Nobody can sign him right now.

Well that NYG/DAL game was way more fun than it should have been.
I got lazy in my picks for this week's pool, and just picked the home team for every game. Then, I realized that meant picking the Giants so I scratched them out and went with Dallas.

My lingering hatred paid off.