[NFL] NFL Thread

Dave

Staff member
I had Rodgers as my starting QB in fantasy football. I was at my sister's house going over some stuff for my mom and not only could I not watch the game but I had 0 bars so couldn't look anything up. (She lives in a very small town in the middle of nowhere.) Point is I had no idea he'd been carted off. We got home when the game was early in the 3rd quarter. And he did what he does and I was like, "Yup. That Aaron Rodgers."

He basically won my game for me with that last toss to Cobb. Amazing performance by him.

IMG_0855.JPG

Shamelessly copied from NFL Memes, where it had the caption "Ereck Flowers couldn't block a guy on Facebook"

I can't believe the Giants have more losses this season than the Browns.

Dave

Staff member
Looks like Dan Bailey is going to Minnesota (which probably makes the Browns cry a little) and Josh Gordon is going to New England. It'll be interesting to see if Gordon has straightened out his shit or if he can still be relevant even though he's only played 11 games in 4 years. Of course, he'll have a real QB for the first time...ever. That'll be interesting. Frankly, I think it opens more for Gronk than anything since people will be out of their minds to watch Gordon.

I am not looking forward to the Cowboys-Seahawks game... or any other Seahawks games this season, for that matter.

Dave

Staff member
It was the only Cowboys gif I could find in the giphy thing that didn't just have the fucking cheerleaders on it.

It was the only Cowboys gif I could find in the giphy thing that didn't just have the fucking cheerleaders on it.
So, like, uh, you definitely posted the wrong gif.

Of course then you'd have been posting it in the NSFW forum, so . . .

Dave

Staff member
You know, it's funny. Everyone thinks I love the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Especially my wife. She thinks that's why I'm a fan. But you know what? I hate them.

First, they are treated worse than slaves and for about as much money. And the ones who do make it try SO FUCKING HARD to be player's girlfriends or wives. I know that the sample size I've seen is small, but every one of them were gold-diggers and doing nothing but using their bodies to get ahead.

How many have I met, you ask? About 10. I DJed a wedding dance for one of them. The wedding was supposed to be this huge affair that was going to be written about and featured in an upscale bride magazine. So her and her giggly, "I'm better than you" bitches friends whirled in and the whole night was terrible. They chose the place for how expensive it was, but it was terrible for everything wedding-related, including seating, music, toasts. Just everything was bad. The wedding cost them well above six figures but it was one of the trashiest, gaudiest affairs I've ever been a part of.

So sure they look good in their uniforms, but for the most part they've ruined anything I possibly could have felt towards them other then contempt.

B

BErt

Well wherever the Bills think they’re playing, they’re certainly enjoying themselves

After watching all of the roughing the passer flags yesterday, I think I may give up on the NFL this season. The sheer amount of idiocy involved in the new roughing rules is just unbelievable. Oh, and now we have defensive players blowing out their knees trying to prevent themselves from accidentally applying their weight to the QB when they make it to the ground. Too bad he wasn't protected from injury by learning to throw a ball instead of learning to hit people who do.

Honestly, I can only see this rule leading to more injuries, instead of fewer. Eventually, DBs (and DLs, and everyone else) are going to get to the point of "I'mma be flagged anyway, may as well make it count." Though personally, I'd love to see an entire weekend where no one hits a QB, on any team. If the QB keeps the ball beyond 3 seconds, the defense just sits down so the QB can't possibly be harmed.

This just in: Green Bay linebacker Clay Matthews has been suspended for four games for causing San Francisco 49er QB Jimmy Garoppolo's ACL tear in Sunday's game in Kansas City.

"I wasn't even in the same STADIUM!" was his defense.