Minor victory thread

Baby rat introductions continued today. We saved our troublesome big rat for last... and despite my wife clutching onto him so he wouldn't savage the new baby, he bit the little guy's tail. It wasn't much more than a bloody scrape, but I felt bad. And odd as it is, the big guy is terrified of the baby. We're probably going to have to get the little one neutered sooner than we planned (which was going to be after my wife got her unemployment check--yeah, we picked a great time to get a new pet).

Why the victory thread then? One of the big rats acts more like a little puppy than a rat and he did little more than lick the baby. We decided to give them some more time out, and they were actually playing. This older rat has never had a playmate--his brothers just like to lie around. We let them mess around for an hour, and even when the baby got nippy, the older one was patient with him. Both of them plopped down exhausted when we put them back in their cages; it's the first time the baby has really settled down after we put him away, when usually he's scrabbling at the bars for us to take him out again.

I'm actually reasonably confident I can finish my last scene tomorrow (which means it'll be on time!) . That'll mean I'm actually caught up on work, and I just received my next three scenes and none of them, at least at a glance, look like they're going to be too much of a problem. Hell yes. I might be getting the hang of this.

fade

Staff member
I just finished penciling a page of Fade for the first time in a year. I can't believe I let it go this long. In my defense, my life is nuts lately. Hopefully I can get some momentum.

Was able to get a copy of Dave Kellett's "Batpug" print that he was offering at Emerald City Comicon! I just love this drawing.

The little print at the bottom says "...But mostly I just piddle on stuff."

I replaced all the shitty glasses and tumblers I owned with various sized (mostly quart and pint sized) mason jars.

Fuck I love drinking out of mason jars.

Mason jars are awesome. I won't hear knocks on mason jars.

Is that a red neck thing?

Looked it up, Redneck wine glass. Now I get it.

I mostly mean drinking water and sometimes pop.

At work they have a rule that you need to have beverages in spill proof containers, usually meaning water bottles or thermal mugs. But one of the guys who trained me on the phones brings his coffee in a mason jar.

Cajungal

Staff member

I knew a girl who got Mason jars on stems for her wedding toasting glasses.

Same here! Whenever I give my friends water in one of these there is always that ONE guy who says "Dude, I want water out of a GLASS." Ingrates.

Got an 82 on a project I could've sworn I would get a 70 on. Feelin' pretty confident. Of course in any arts class no matter how bad you think your art is, as long as your serious about it there is always going to be someone ten times worse.

Went to the Van Gogh exibit at the Philly museum! Not sure if that counts as a victory or just a pleasant outing but I still feel good about it.

After months and months of way too little work to do, I finally have something to fill my time, and exposure to a new team/area of responsibility within my division, starting tomorrow.

So my Insurance Adjuster's meeting happened and after mulling over my decisions, I've decided to sell off my car as a complete loss. *sigh*

The only bright side is that it's at least enough money to put a decent enough down payment on a replacement.

So my Insurance Adjuster's meeting happened and after mulling over my decisions, I've decided to sell off my car as a complete loss. *sigh*

The only bright side is that it's at least enough money to put a decent enough down payment on a replacement.
Just made that call a two weeks ago. It hurt for reasons I don't understand.

Got a decent haircut after letting my hair grow for the last six months. Got a few compliments on it today. (extremely minor victory)

It's a miracle! After only 8 days without access to emails, IT finally recreated the address and it has re-provisioned across the servers! Now if only I had more than two emails to work today...