Minor victory thread

It's on mornings like this when I'm glad I have a policy of putting on an album instead of turning on the TV when I get home from work in the morning. You-Know-Who was on every channel.

And before you say it, JK herself says this You-Know-Who is worse than her You-Know-Who. :p

My good lady wife: So, is your Amazon wish list basically your Christmas list this year.
Me: Yep.
Her: *Drops mad cash at Amazon immediately after and tells me I'm not allowed in her account until Christmas.*

I'm actually getting stuff I want this year. It's going to be a Deadpool-and-XBox-rich Christmas!

My work is officially awesome!

They're playing Star Trek in the conference room by my cubicle. :D Tempted to go turn it up so I can hear/listen in while working.

So I FINALLY decided to pick up a Wii-U. I tell my brother, "Hey bro, gonna pick up a Wii-U and Mario Maker this weekend, wanna hang out, make levels and eat and drink garbage until we're both unable to continue doing any of those things?"

He responds, "FUCK! Don't buy a fucking Wii-U!"

I respond, "What? Why? I finally caved into getting one seeing Xenoblade Chronicles. I want one."

"Just don't....Jesus. Wait until after Christmas to buy at least."

Ha ha, woops. Inadvertently learned what my brothers are getting me for Christmas.

I just survived my first class field trip chaperoning!

...these get better, right?
(I may add more $ to the teachers' Christmas gifts.)
I chaperoned for my little brother (13-year age difference between us) when he was in grade school and I was in university.

No, they don't get any better. They just get louder and stinkier.

I just survived my first class field trip chaperoning!

...these get better, right?
(I may add more $ to the teachers' Christmas gifts.)
I got my kids' teachers little bottles of champagne flavored Jelly Bellys. I can't give them alcohol, so I figured this was the next best thing. They're getting fuzzy slippers, too.

fade

Staff member
I saw one of the coolest things I have ever seen this morning. And I mean that literally. I wish I had the time to stop and take a picture. Houston had heavy fog this morning, and I caught the rising sun's reflection off of a glass high rise through the fog. It was literally radiant, and it moved with my car. It was completely 3D and traced back from my eye to the building. I wish I could describe it better. A still photo would not have done it justice.

I specified a nice 4k monitor and $3k macbook pro for our designer last summer. They just transitioned to "part time" which really means they're taking another job but my boss wants to be able to bug them for more work occasionally. They took the laptop.

Today I finally figured out the magic required to get my laptop to display 4k out the HDMI, and not replace my secondary monitor, but have three displays at once.

So now I have a nice 4k, IPS, 27" display as my primary, flanked by 1080p and a 900p displays.

Life is good. At least until they need the display for presentations and conferences...

That reminds me of a Christmas pageant I went to. It was a story of a kid who talks about how he doesn't care about Jesus, just Santa and presents. He is then transported to a world without Jesus. He just kept talking about how dark and awful it is. Whatever, its a church-run play its what you expect. Of course, there was a moment when he asks someone what year it is and the person says it was 5773.

While this was probably a throwaway line to most, I as possibly the only Jew in the audience, recognized it as the current year in the Jewish calendar. So essentially the play full of elementary school kids was talking about how horrible and dark a world where everyone was Jewish would be.

I was a little weirded out.

I as possibly the only Jew in the audience, recognized it as the current year in the Jewish calendar. So essentially the play full of elementary school kids was talking about how horrible and dark a world where everyone was Jewish would be.
...or just what year it would be if we didn't have some reason to start over 2016 years ago.
...or 2559 years ago, if you swing that way.

--Patrick

...or just what year it would be if we didn't have some reason to start over 2016 years ago.
...or 2559 years ago, if you swing that way.

--Patrick
I don't have a copy of Brave New World handy. What is the current Year Of Our Ford?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a session of my long-running Greyhawk campaign, after nearly a year in hiatus (due to one of our main players becoming a parent and moving an hour away). It's probably going to end up being on an irregular monthly-ish schedule (instead of clockwork weekly), but it's such a blast to be doing it again.

This session was very book-keepish. The players took stock on what they had, recruited two new party members, and set out to start their search for Moradin's Anvil, an artifact rumored to be able to breathe life into anything. This, of course, so they can resurrect the party's MtF halfling fighter/thief, who was killed by an avatar of Nerull (and as a result is effectively perma-dead). If the game is monthly this might take a year or longer... :D

That reminds me of a Christmas pageant I went to. It was a story of a kid who talks about how he doesn't care about Jesus, just Santa and presents. He is then transported to a world without Jesus. He just kept talking about how dark and awful it is. Whatever, its a church-run play its what you expect. Of course, there was a moment when he asks someone what year it is and the person says it was 5773.

While this was probably a throwaway line to most, I as possibly the only Jew in the audience, recognized it as the current year in the Jewish calendar. So essentially the play full of elementary school kids was talking about how horrible and dark a world where everyone was Jewish would be.

I was a little weirded out.
How is subtle antisemitism/antizionism a minor victory? Are you a self-hating Jew?:D