Minor victory thread

So.. My wife had a miscarriage last month... She's pregnant again! I minor victory because I'm scared the same thing will happen but optimistic because her hcg is 308 at 4 weeks when last month the highest it ever got was 76 at like 6 weeks

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Im scared too. And it's hard to stay optimistic when you have doctors telling you all the bad that can happen instead of being able to be happy, I am forced to accept reality and right now reality really sucks for us. I am happy that at this point the numbers are higher but unless they more then double by next week I'm not going to be able to let myself be over the moon. Last time I was so happy and it all ended in heartbreak. I'm afraid it's going to happen again and I don't know how to move past that. I don't know how to change my way of thinking. But I am praying for a better outcome... I hope God is on our side this time. :(

We actually got more than the 3-6 inches of snow predicted this weekend, and I'm sitting here looking out my work window on a snowy bank in front of a line of dark green evergreen trees while fat snowflakes fall silently in a light breeze and I'm just really enjoying it. I know I can't capture it on my phone, and would probably be hard pressed to do it justice with even a nice camera, but watching snow fall is so good.
I miss the snow. Sometimes I hate living in TX then I think but back home is so freaking cold I don't think I could possibly hack it in the negative temperatures anymore lol. Enjoy the fluffy white stuff! One day you may actually miss it... Haha

I miss the snow. Sometimes I hate living in TX then I think but back home is so freaking cold I don't think I could possibly hack it in the negative temperatures anymore lol. Enjoy the fluffy white stuff! One day you may actually miss it... Haha

I live in Florida, what is this "snow" you speak of?

I lived in Georgia from age 2 to 10, rarely had snow, and when we did it melted by noon. I suspect that's part of why I enjoy snow so much.

Sadly it'll be gone by the end of this weekend - Thursday and Friday are rain and temperatures in the low 50's (low teens for you celsius fans) - but that'll give me time to winterize a few more things I haven't gotten to yet.

Sending prayers and thoughts your way for the pregnancy! Our first pregnancy ended in miscarriage, and the rest were fine. People don't talk about it much, but it's a lot more common than many realize, and having children after a miscarriage is also common, and significantly more likely than it being a sign of something wrong. Try to relax, and let your body do what it does - give yourself and your body room and space for all possibilities.

Somebody get this ladies some pickles, stat! She deserves them!

It's like those bath salts you guys like, except it's cold and won't turn you into The Walking Dead if you ingest it.
I have a bunch in the pantry. :) just need to get them cold.

Tech showed up to check the boiler. First thing he did was spin the fan attached to the blower motor. Then he had me turn it on. It started right up. He had me turn it off, wait a couple of minutes, then turn it on again. Started right up.

He had me turn it off again while he gathered numbers off the various plates on the unit (we've got a big stack of paperwork for the boiler, but nothing to tell how old it is), then turn it on one last time. Again, started right up. And for now we can keep it on while he checks which parts he can replace around the blower.

So we've got heat again. And as I type this, the plumber is here about the big clog in the pipes. :)

Sounds like bad or flaky motor starting capacitors. When this happens in the future, and it won't start by itself, give the fan a spin while it's off, then immediately turn it on while it's still spinning, should be enough to get it over the bad capacitor start.

Sounds like bad or flaky motor starting capacitors. When this happens in the future, and it won't start by itself, give the fan a spin while it's off, then immediately turn it on while it's still spinning, should be enough to get it over the bad capacitor start.
Considering that a best guess the boiler is as much as 35 years old, I wouldn't doubt this.

Could also just be stiction after an inactive off-season.

--Patrick

Could also just be stiction after an inactive off-season.

--Patrick
Unlikely, because it's been running most evenings for the last month and a half at least.

And the sewer problem... plants. Mainly roots. Which have now been cleared. And the toilet is getting a new flange and (another) wax ring.

GasBandit

Staff member
General Manager bought pizza for me and the Underlings. Makes the day easier. Nice.

So we've got heat again. And as I type this, the plumber is here about the big clog in the pipes. :)
Hah, my grandfather just had to rip out an entire bathroom to get to the drain pipes. Apparently a (now former) tenant decided he didn't want his aquarium any more, and tried to dump the whole thing down the shower drain, GLASS BEADS AND ALL. Those things don't exactly dissolve with drano, now do they? Apparently they just gave up using that bathroom after that, used it as storage instead. Some people, man.

My coworker is selling her house and needed to go get her cat and crate her for it. I joked that she should bring her to my office to play. I must have sounded serious lol because I had a cat in here for an hour. It was awesome and I shared my lunch.

My cats will know I cheated on them though :(

Payday is Black Friday morning. But that's not the victory.

Victory is having to work tonight, so I won't be anywhere near the doorbuster specials. Which is good, because WV is in the top 10 most violent Black Friday states. :p