Minor victory thread

That, or your system finally destroyed the boneworm that was devouring your arm from the inside out.
Well, to be fair, WebMD did say it was much more likely that I was having a heart attack, stroke, or cancer, and that I should get to an ER immediately.

So my wife and I recently joined a Facebook group chat for freebies and whatnot. So far I've gotten a 150 drone for free (in return for a review) lightening charger for a penny, a beard grooming kit (40 bucks) for 90 cents. It's really cool so far

So, what's this group? :)
Do I have you on facebook?

edit: added you to the group convo. for most of them you post your order ID and when you get it you have to leave a review or 5 stars on amazon

edit 2: text TOYS to 72000 for a chance to get that drone (in exchange for a review)

edit: added you to the group convo. for most of them you post your order ID and when you get it you have to leave a review or 5 stars on amazon

edit 2: text TOYS to 72000 for a chance to get that drone (in exchange for a review)
Blah..i thought that was spam. I left the convo. Hah

I’m interested as well.

I readded you. Don't leave again lol
Thanks :) How do the code things work? I haven't seen anything I want yet, but I want to be prepared if I do[DOUBLEPOST=1512436306,1512436209][/DOUBLEPOST]
So how does this work? Looks like an admin posted a link to a solar charger and said $9.99 but it’s $51 at Amazon. Do we have to request a code somehow, or what?
I clicked that link and it was $9.99 for me. It was a lightning deal. Just clicked again and it's $51.00. Lightning deals last until they're gone.

Some of them are codes everyone can use (they post the code along with the link) some of them they have a certain amount of codes and it's first come first serve (for example last night I bought a lightening and a micro USB charger for a penny a peice from one time use codes) and when they post the product you usually say something like "me" and they start at the top and when they run out of codes that's it (usually like 5 codes or so)

This is so incredibly, incredibly minor.

One of the felines, Gonzo, is a bit hyper. We actually have to give him a daily dose of diazepam so he doesn't poop on the carpet and constantly harass the others. He generally didn't like being held.

Tonight, while I was watching Stephen Colbert interview Gwendoline Christie, he climbed up on the couch, crawled onto my chest, cuddled into my arm, curled up, and took a snooze for 15 minutes.

fade

Staff member
That interview with Billy Bush beforehand was informative. I really knew nothing about him except that he was the bus guy.

I applied very casually to a job that would double my admittedly meager current salary. I honestly thought too casually. I mean, one question asked in 100 words or less to explain what out values mean to you and the next question asked out of 5 how detail oriented I was. I answered 4.5 because I believe you'll notice I answered the last question in exactly 100 words but took points off since 7 of them were their values. Then I talked about Thor and Twilight. I honestly did not expect to hear back at all.

Phone interview is Friday. I know it's just the first step but it feels like a win.

Last edited:
First day of vacation. It was so quiet around the house.

I don't go back until after Christmas. The owner of the company freaked out when I told him I was taking almost 3 weeks. I told him that if they let me take more days off, I wouldn't be able to build up 205 hours of banked PTO.

First day of vacation. It was so quiet around the house.

I don't go back until after Christmas. The owner of the company freaked out when I told him I was taking almost 3 weeks. I told him that if they let me take more days off, I wouldn't be able to build up 205 hours of banked PTO.
Vacay brothers :) Today was my last day of work until Jan 9th. Our vacation and PTO time both expire at year's end if not scheduled already, and I had used zero of either all year so... Backloadin' it is.

Vacay brothers :) Today was my last day of work until Jan 9th. Our vacation and PTO time both expire at year's end if not scheduled already, and I had used zero of either all year so... Backloadin' it is.
I get to bank time, up to a cap (205 hours). I've been at 205 hours for 2-3 years now. I took a 40-hour vacation last year, but worked 22 of it. So I hit back up to 205 hours in 6 weeks or so

After sending out tons of applications for faculty positions, I finally landed a job interview. It's with the University of Canterbury in New Zealand. It's just an interview but I'm quite happy with it. They'll Skype with me on Sunday afternoon (Monday their time) and talk with me. My committee is saying things look promising.

GasBandit

Staff member
Watch yourself, I hear New Zealand's immigration process has a lot of bait and switch going on in it, like, "warmly invite you there then make sure you can't afford to live there and screw you out of everything" type stuff. I wish I remembered where the article was.