Minor victory thread

GasBandit

Staff member
It's a .22LR, you don't need a laser.

--Patrick
If anything, you need a laser even more. Bereft of power, accuracy becomes all the more important.

Iron-ically, I seem to do even better with the iron sights on the Mk 2 than I do with my 22/45's reflex sight. That thing is a pain to dial in. I might actually break down and let a professional do it.

fade

Staff member
Oh, remember that Ruger bull-barrelled Mk2 my dad said he'd give me, which was half the reason I drove instead of flew on my trip?

Mine now. :D
My dad just mailed me like a $100 worth of EL wire in multiple colors he had left over from a project. So take that.

cough

I just went to a news website, and got an overlay over the video saying it won't play because of my ad blocker, and that I should disable it if I want to see the video.

...Do these people not realize how absolutely I and everyone else in the world hates auto-play videos? Not playing an auto-play video is a reward, not a punishment!

Got reauthorized in heavy combat at tonight's practice, just in time for Fighters Collegium tomorrow :D My bruises have bruises, but I'm getting back into fighting shape. Might make it out to Crossroads or Panhandle as well.

It's showing that 47.2 and 47.4 are two independent places in the human genome that affect cholesterol levels. But, you're totally right. 47.2 is more significant. Quit trying to take my jerb.

fade

Staff member
Given the chromosomes and recombination, you must be Morbius. Except with cholesterol instead of blood. "I vant to suck your cheezeburger! Bleh bleh bleh!"

GasBandit

Staff member
More free ice cream! Some days this job ain't so bad.

Today's flavor is Blue Bell's "Pink Camo n' Cream." Strawberry, chocolate and cream cheese swirled together. Not quite my preference, but I wouldn't turn it down for free. No nuts in this one though, so no taste-o-Cheesy1 today.

Had a meeting with our company's Big Boss, who's here for about a week. He's a pretty nice guy, listened to me when I described the problems we've been having (actually, it's more like he already knew them, but he didn't mind hearing me reiterate them), and then he described the solutions we're pursuing as well as the potential pitfalls in our pursuit of these solutions, and then he basically said "I know it hasn't been easy, but you guys are doing great work, keep it up."

I like this guy.

fade

Staff member
I'm going to do the fade thing and say I do not understand the appeal of Lindsey Sterling. She takes bog standard violin phrases and plays them over bog standard pop phrases, and people go nuts.

I'm going to do the fade thing and say I do not understand the appeal of Lindsey Sterling. She takes bog standard violin phrases and plays them over bog standard pop phrases, and people go nuts.
She covers tunes that people like to hear and sprinkles in some of her own original material, she does dance choreography while she performs, and she looks like she's enjoying herself while she does so. She puts on a show.
As a musician, I also can tell that her skill with a violin has room for improvement, but I can also tell that her skill has been improving over time. Maybe she took Piers Morgan's advice to heart.

--Patrick

fade

Staff member
Yeah, I understand how people might like her, but I see people go crazy like she's the second coming of the Beatles or something.

Man I've been working on excercising more and eating better and people* have told me I've looked like I've lost weight, but I didn't notice it until I just stumbled onto a photo from a few months ago. It's incredibly noticeable, especially in my face. Ive still got a long way to go, but it's a nice feeling.

*Many smart people. Tremendously smart people, believe me. You would not believe how smart these people are.

That's answering the question with the question. But it wasn't really an answerable question anyway. It was musing rhetorically.
I suspect there are a lot of pop stars that you could ask the same question about. The answer probably lies in random chance and marketing.

Had our housewarming party two days ago (it was a success).
One of my friends was over, and asked if we were happy with our current tv. It's an older model - flat screen, but only HD Ready, not full HD, and 32". So the reply was "sure, if I had the money I'd replace it with a bigger one in our new bigger living room, but for now, you know, it's OK".
"Oh, that's good. I just replaced mine with a new smart TV, and I had pretty much the same one but a few sizes bigger".
He brought it over yesterday. It is pretty much the exact same TV, just 42" instead of 32". Quite the difference :D
Only minor victory because this version only has one HDMI input, so now I'm shopping for a splitter :p

But hurray, bigger TV!