Minor victory thread

I saw my family doctor today and ...

- I got my biopsy results back and I don't have a third auto-immune disease! No surgery and/or super agressive treatment needed. The inflammation found on my scope was just inflammation related to my AS. This is good because I have been off everything but pain meds while waiting on these results so now I get to start the really aggressive new biologic that just got approved here a few months ago :)

- he screwed up my pain med prescription again. Dude is killing me. I stayed at the counter long enough for them to try and fill it today though and they couldn't so I went back to his office and left him a note and he wrote me a new one and his admin assistant took it to the pharmacy for me!

Now it's phone tag time :)

LOL I spoke too soon. He didn't actually fix my prescription properly. I called the pharmacy to see why they didn't fill it for me and he did re-write it, but he re-wrote it incorrectly.

OMFG.

Good news! My pharmacist took over and got him to write it correctly today and it's filled and ready to be picked up. He only works three days a week and my current pain med prescription will run out before he's in the office again. Thank god because pain meds are the only treatment I have at the moment.

Even better news! I start my new biologic tomorrow. I was able to convince them that I don't need training and/or babysitting for my first dose so I don't have to wait for them to arrange that :)

fade

Staff member
This is something that maybe only I care about, but I built my Halloween "haunted" knock box 2 years ago and turned it on. It has a power switch, but I never turned it off. At its heart is an ATtiny85 microcontroller chip. The chip has a sleep mode, and I activated it when I wrote the code for the box. Two years later, still on, the batteries are still good. That's amazing to me. Though looking at the ATtiny85 datasheet, the sleep mode power consumption is in microamps.

I'm not sure if this is a win or whine. I bought some drafting film tonight at Michael's after hearing so many awesome things about it from members of my online art group and seeing their awesome work on it. I went to buy a step by step kit that uses it and omg there were so many cute cat ones to chose from! I couldn't chose just one! So I didn't and now I'm kind of terrified because these kits involve drawing on the front and back of the film (in reverse?!). Hopefully I can figure this out lol - it looks really hard!

Went to Home Despot yesterday, was just looking at prices on things to get an idea of how much it would cost to do a couple of things. We wandered through the "As Is" merchandise and came across a new "customer did not like color" dryer. As in, they ordered white, it was white. Don't know what they expected. Regularly $800, marked at $399, we bought it. It will be delivered on Tuesday. Our older dryer is having some issues, kinda squeaks and is noisy, but works great. We put out the word on facebook to give it away, first person fell through (she was always a little flaky anyway) and the second person just picked it up. We're getting something we needed, and were able to help out a friend by getting them a better dryer than they had. Still, I spend $433 dollars yesterday.

I'm filling the house with baby Tupperwares while the hobo is away!

And we're two days in and it's already a total shit show. I honestly have no idea how I attract so much bullshit and drama.

(Lol when I started typing bullsit, my iPhone started auto-correcting in my nasty bitch of an old bosses name in - priceless)

Welp, first weekend of yoga teacher training is in the bag. And today went really well; especially compared to the first two days. I led a sun salutation sequence (a short, warm-up sequence of poses). One feedback I got was once I got going, I sounded very confident, which made the sequence flow really well.

In the meantime, I plan on collapsing into my lounge chair and watch some movies.

EDIT: In even better news, I have a date tomorrow morning. :D Not with one of the girls from the class. The instructors told us to avoid that if possible. Which, given that like 99% of them are married with kids, won't be a problem.

ANYWAY, this gal? Really strange way I met her online. She made a post on the Halifax Bicycle Chat group, saying she just moved to Toronto and was complaining how biking around here was nothing like Toronto. I replied echoing her thoughts. And on a whim, I threw her a friend request. Well, I had a message from her when I got home tonight. We chatted it up for like half an hour and suddenly, we're having coffee tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
ANYWAY, this gal? Really strange way I met her online. She made a post on the Halifax Bicycle Chat group, saying she just moved to Toronto and was complaining how biking around here was nothing like Toronto. I replied echoing her thoughts. And on a whim, I threw her a friend request. Well, I had a message from her when I got home tonight. We chatted it up for like half an hour and suddenly, we're having coffee tomorrow morning.
Welp, no date. She had to cancel because the family she babysits for asked her to work tomorrow. Ah well.

GasBandit

Staff member
Right. You'll just end up doing all her work for her because she's only part time.
Fortunately promotions is not my bailiwick :p

No, if the pattern holds, she'll work here just long enough to get trained and competent, and then she'll get married/pregnant, take time off and then just quit.