[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

Dave

Staff member
Con: My father-in-law wrecked his bicycle and broke his hip. He's in the hospital. Also, he's the primary and sole caregiver for my disabled mother-in-law who is currently home alone. My wife is flying out to Colorado Springs to take care of both of them.

Pro: For teh next X days (or weeks?) I will be a single dad, which means all the Skyrim I can stomach! Football! Crappy food!

Okay, so the pro side of this sucks ass. I mean, I pretty much do all of this anyway, but now I get to include being Dave the Human Taxi.

I just hope we get good news from the bank or it means I'll also be looking for a new place to live and packing by myself while the wife is away...

Not sure where to put this but I guess this works.

So I don't write much "personal" stuff in my music right? And if I do, I avoid anything that sounds like whining or anything that seems over-emotional or manipulative, instead I try and focus on the story being told, the characters, the emotions, etc. So must of my music is focused on other places that aren't my "deep dark angst" places. Make sense?

The band wanted to start working on an older song of mine tonight. It's a great song. Really. However, I wrote it a few years back and it's one of the few songs I wrote at what was possibly the second hardest time of my entire life. And apparently it's very... raw still. So singing it tonight really shook me up. Took me back to some feelings and memories I'd sooner forget and I don't like myself when I sit in that place thinking about that stuff.

It's a good song though and it's "real" I guess. So, I dunno. I just feel weird and crappy about it now.

Never getting the chipotle burger at the local pub again. So good but doesn't exactly lead to a productive evening.

Dave

Staff member
I use the same clam shell three times.

You just have to watch out for the black pearls...

Extremely minor rant: One of my friends is currently really into 'Hollywood Undead'. She was singing 'Comin in Hot' while we were talking. Now it's stuck in my head.

I have to take a dump, but someone else already stunk up the bathroom. I really don't want to sit in someone else's stink while I make some of my own. So now I have to pinch it and hope it clears out soon.

I have to take a dump, but someone else already stunk up the bathroom. I really don't want to sit in someone else's stink while I make some of my own. So now I have to pinch it and hope it clears out soon.
Is this ego...?

It's December 2nd you dipshits. It's not even the week before Christmas. You assholes go and plant a 12foot Christmas tree within 5 feet of the door to my office, put up a wreath on my door, which NEVER CLOSES, and hanging tinsle from my windows? To top it off, you seriously put a cd player with an 8 song track of lame ass Christmas songs beneath this tree, not 5 feet from my door?

I could burn this whole place to the ground....

C

Coworkers

It's December 2nd you dipshits. It's not even the week before Christmas. You assholes go and plant a 12foot Christmas tree within 5 feet of the door to my office, put up a wreath on my door, which NEVER CLOSES, and hanging tinsle from my windows? To top it off, you seriously put a cd player with an 8 song track of lame ass Christmas songs beneath this tree, not 5 feet from my door?

Next year I'll wrap your office and everything inside it in wrapping paper instead.

XOXOXO

Love ya sweetie!

If everyone's running on schedule, there are entire departments that I'll never see. Are they still co-workers?

Hell, I'm the only one on the property during my shift. Do I have any co-workers?

GasBandit

Staff member

Someone did that to me, too, a few years ago - only the christmas tree was FLOCKED. That was when I discovered that flocking material, or whatever it is called, causes me sever upper respiratory distress. That was not a fun december.