[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

M

makare

Indeed that is what I meant. I am now Plaintiff side and I couldnt be happier they are cutting her out.

Beginning to hate corporate speak.

What the hell is a "Strength-based Approach"? What kind of nonsense is that? Would you ever do a "weakness-based approach"? Or being "Needs-Driven"? Do MBAs just come up with nonsense terms to make themselves sound smart?

Education:
BA in Kinesiology
Business Administration Diploma
MA in Human Kinetics

I'm assuming she's smart, but that doesn't mean she's "smart"...if that makes any sense.

S

SeraRelm

I see, you mean she's educated, but perhaps not that intelligent. The contradiction made me laugh though.

Get postage slip in letterbox to pick up a registered letter after 4pm, housemate gave it to me at 5:30. Irritating, but I can deal. 15 minute wait in line to pick it up, annoying, but I can deal. 10 minutes to find the damn letter because somebody put it in the wrong box, starting to get frustrated.
Next day another slip, figure this one must be for my collectors edition of skyward sword, just in time for the weekend. Again 15 minutes while they look through everything, then "sorry, this has already been picked up yesterday"
So the item I picked up yesterday, had its please pick up from post office slip delivered into my mailbox...today??
that combined with no Zelda for the weekend = EVERYBODY TREAD ON EGGSHELLS OR I WILL SNAP GODAMMIT!!!!

Beginning to hate corporate speak.

What the hell is a "Strength-based Approach"? What kind of nonsense is that? Would you ever do a "weakness-based approach"? Or being "Needs-Driven"? Do MBAs just come up with nonsense terms to make themselves sound smart?
Yes, they do. "Optimalize" "Synergetical" "Leader-values" all made an appearance at the last "instead of giving you a raise we brought in a consultant at $500 / hr to tell you shit you already know in an incomprehensible manner" meeting.

This is going to probably sound like a rather pathetic minor rant but I feel like ranting anyways. Last night I was out doing some black Friday shopping and at one point this cute chick stopped me and mentioned how much she liked my hoodie. ( I had my Gurren Lagann hoodie on) We stopped and chatted for a couple of minutes and she seemed interested in me but being the awkward idiot I am I couldn't think of a way to ask for her number or email so I have no way of ever contacting her. As I said it is a rather pathetic rant but I am feeling rather pathetic right now.

M

makare

aw snap.

that may be true but i do need a mind to put on my pants in the morning.

it is chilly here. I don't live in Georgia.

And, thanks to the miracle that is my mouth, I can get into instant arguments about education by saying things like "At least so-and-so didn't get a useless degree like Kinesiology".

M

makare

Goddamn it is windy today. I feel like my whole place is going to tip over. I wish I didn't have to go outside today :(

M

makare

ahhhhh i am at work (call center) and i have had 2 people tonight i couldnt understand a word they said. it was so frustrating. grrrrraaang

Where the heck was this thread just a few minutes ago when I went looking? *grumble* Rant three....

... at least I entertained myself with a necro out of the deal.

P

PotaDOS

The new e-reader I bought is defective, because it won't charge at all. Argh.

M

makare

The worst part of having a broken electronic is you cant smash it because you have to send it back. That is an injustice.

P

PotaDOS

Yeah! I wanted to throw it at something or vice versa, but I'm not sure that would be an acceptable excuse in the service desk representative's view.

"It wasn't charging, so I flung it against the sidewalk as hard as I possibly could. New one, please."