[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

My problem is, I don't want to tote my birth certificate around so I can cross the border. And I'm too cheap to buy a passport.

We have our share of meth cookers up here. Rural Wisconsin has a lot of nice hiding places in the woods where no one will see your meth lab or your private crop of marijuana.

No, they tend to hang out around Allegan, MI. Not a month goes by without some fool's house/cabin/outhouse/shed/barn burning down because their lab got out of control.

Also, Canadians get to keep all the Tylenol-IIIs, more's the pity.

--Patrick
Tylenol with codeine (Tylenol III) is over the pharmacy counter though. I'm actually not sure if you need a prescription or not, but it is not sold off the shelf.

M

makare

back up ...if you can get codeine without a prescription my new life ambition is to become a drug addict in Canadia!

BISHIES FOR EVERYONE!

M

makare

Codeine was the only thing that worked for my migraines as a kid too. It was magic

Tylenol 3s are given as prescriptions about as freely as anything is. Hey, is your back sore? Tylenol 3! Hey, the world gettin' you down? Tylenol 3!

After I got my wisdoms out, I had tylenol 3. Then, days later, I sprained my ankle, more Tylenol 3! At one point I could have had 3 separate bottles from prescriptions. I don't really use them.

I was prescribed tylenol 3 when I had my wisdom teeth out as well, and for all the "OH MAN YOU'RE GOING TO GET CODEINE? MAAAAAAAAAN..... YOU'RE GOING TO BE SO HIGH" hype, all it did was make me sleepy.

The whole ordeal was rather disappointing, really, because I also got LOCAL anesthetic for the procedure, which didn't numb things quite enough when it was discovered that my one tooth had grown hooked roots so the dentist had to cut it into two pieces to remove.

I was prescribed tylenol 3 when I had my wisdom teeth out as well, and for all the "OH MAN YOU'RE GOING TO GET CODEINE? MAAAAAAAAAN..... YOU'RE GOING TO BE SO HIGH" hype, all it did was make me sleepy.

The whole ordeal was rather disappointing, really, because I also got LOCAL anesthetic for the procedure, which didn't numb things quite enough when it was discovered that my one tooth had grown hooked roots so the dentist had to cut it into two pieces to remove.
That was my experience almost exactly, only my roots were so fucking gnarled that it pulled a chunk of my jaw out. Most painful thing I've ever experienced.

And wait, people in the US can't get Tylenol 3? Looking it up on Wikipedia, it sounds much easier to acquire in the states than in Canada.

fade

Staff member
Ugh. Codeine makes me sick. I had a hernia repair, and the doc prescribed it. You know what's fun? Vomiting uncontrollably with fresh stitches in your stomach. I just let it wear off. The freakin surgery site didn't even hurt. It was mildly sore, but I sure as hell didn't need any prescription pain reliever.

M

makare

If I take more than one of codeine or vicodin or anything like that I throw up. Still awesome though.

East Texas does not have Meth Labs in the woods. We have Meth Factories in the woods. All the needed chemicals are readily available or produced in the area.

Vicodin just plain doesn't work for me. I get that it's not supposed to actually dull the pain, just dull my sense of the pain, but the one time I really, really needed it (and therefor, the only time I've taken it), all it did was make me really clear headed so I could really concentrate on just how badly my neck hurt. I was in sheer agony until the damn thing wore off.

When I was in high school and people would get their wisdome teeth removed, they would use as little of the T3s as possible and sell the rest. I ended up getting an infection and using my entire prescription. I remember being asleep for a solid 36 hours, or at least locse enough to sleep to make no matter.

M

makare

Vicodin only works for certain pain for me. It does NOT work for stomach pain or ear aches.

Best time to take vicodin? when you have no pain at all

no really dont do that.....

Our 911 center had it's power severed by a construction company. This also took out their phone lines, and the reserve generator did not function as it was supposed to.

Thankfully, this didn't happen during a major event or anything but still... today is going to be a fucking TREAT.

Ugh. Codeine makes me sick. I had a hernia repair, and the doc prescribed it. You know what's fun? Vomiting uncontrollably with fresh stitches in your stomach. I just let it wear off. The freakin surgery site didn't even hurt. It was mildly sore, but I sure as hell didn't need any prescription pain reliever.
Dang man, went through the same thing. Only they gave me the pain killer without asking me (by injection in IV after the surgery) and I ended up dry heaving for an hour in the middle of the night. I didn't take a single dose of my pain-killers (didn't even fill the prescription) because it didn't hurt... until I sneezed two days later. THAT hurt like hell.

Fucking scumbag drunk driver that has been all over the local news got away with murder. I have no idea how this happened since there was such an overwhelming amount of evidence against him. I know this happens a lot but I assumed he'd at least get some token jail time. Makes me pissed.

fade

Staff member
Yeah, they gave it to me again when I had my wisdom teeth removed. I didn't take it then for good reason. My gums never hurt. Made me wonder just how much of a pacifier that stuff is.

EDIT (that was not in reply to blotsfan, I got ninja'd)

I got Percocet when I had my wisdom teeth out. I think my oral surgeon had pity on me since I was given general anesthesia and woke up while they were still operating.

1. Message Count:
    Books:
    Didn't know. Don't particularly care.

No other mods on standby. Not gonna bother either Gusto or the brand-smacking new pappy Espy with this bullshit.

So the choices are these: You guys either take your bullshit to a private, one-on-one PM discussion and talk to each other. Sensibly. Without insults. And settle your shit.

Or I'm gonna employ me some mod prerogative and ban both of you for a cool-off period whose length depends on how much snark I get from either one of you.

So either you both stop this bullshit and learn to play nice. Or you don't play at all.

Got me?

1,001 Movies to See Before You Croak (Halforums Edition) - 570 movies still to go.
    North_Ranger, May 23, 2012 Report

2. Mathias Chazwozel Extraordinaire

Message Count:
    Books:
    This is a private pm session...

Do me a favor and knock it off with the jumbo red letter bullcrap.​

Mathias, May 23, 2012 Edit Report

3. North_Ranger The Prokrastinator

Message Count:
    Books:
    Oh lookie. Snark. Guess what I get to uuuuuuuuuse!

1,001 Movies to See Before You Croak (Halforums Edition) - 570 movies still to go.

4. Mathias Chazwozel Extraordinaire

Message Count:
    Books:
    sigh...​

5. Gusto El Norte

Message Count:
    Books:
    Seriously, guys just stay out of each other's way. I'm directing this more at you, Null. Mathias has broken no rules directly and all threads approach derailment. If ignoring him won't solve your problem then there's really nothing I can really do about it.

NR, calm down buddy. No one needs to get banned today and believe me, I had my finger hovering over that button. I'm going through a dark place lately, and thought the better of it. So let's just play nice and stay out of each other's way for a bit.​
    Posted with gusto by Kevin Miller.

LittleSin said:
    I could have done Dali!

Instead I did stupid Gusto. :(
    Follow Gusto on:
    Twitter - deviantArt - Facebook - Kevin Miller's Oil Paintings Fan Page - Halforums Wiki Article

Interested in commissioning me for a one-of-a-kind oil painting? CLICK HERE.
    Gusto, May 23, 2012 Report

6. North_Ranger The Prokrastinator

Message Count:
    Books:
    *sighs*

Okay... But only 'cause you asked. I'm just fucking tired of this bullshit.

Null, Mathias. I don't give a southbound rat's northern end about your particular schism. What I do give a southbound yadda yadda yadda is
    1.) personal conflicts spilling over in the forums and
    2.) people giving us mods snark and bullshit for trying to keep the peace.

Were it not for Gusto here, you'd both be looking at a week ban, minimum. So fucking count your blessings and settle your shit. Next time you won't be that lucky.

And Gusto... you really earned that song I mentioned. I told you, didn't I? *smiles a tad*​

7. Mathias Chazwozel Extraordinaire

Message Count:
    Books:
    thanks dad.:wololo:

8. North_Ranger The Prokrastinator

Message Count:
    Books:
    Mathias, for the love of GOD, shut up already.​

9. Mathias Chazwozel Extraordinaire

Message Count:
    Books:
    :dumb:

10. Gusto El Norte

Message Count:
    Books:
    North_Ranger said:
    And Gusto... you really earned that song I mentioned. I told you, didn't I? *smiles a tad*​
    I don't even remember. Long day. Sorry.​
    Posted with gusto by Kevin Miller.

LittleSin said:
    I could have done Dali!

Instead I did stupid Gusto. :(
    Follow Gusto on:
    Twitter - deviantArt - Facebook - Kevin Miller's Oil Paintings Fan Page - Halforums Wiki Article

Interested in commissioning me for a one-of-a-kind oil painting? CLICK HERE.
    Gusto, May 23, 2012 Report

11. North_Ranger The Prokrastinator

Message Count:
    Books:
    Gusto said:
    I don't even remember. Long day. Sorry.​
    Check the latest thread in the Mods forum. You'll remember.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll log out for the night. Because God help me, if I hear one last comment from someone mistakenly believing themselves witty, humorous or in the right, I'm going to fucking go Winter War with the 'Hammer.​

12. Mathias Chazwozel Extraordinaire

Message Count:
    Books:
    :troll:

13. North_Ranger The Prokrastinator

Message Count:
    Books:
    Mathias said:
    :troll:
    Okay, that is fucking IT!

14. Mathias Chazwozel Extraordinaire

Message Count:
    Books:
    You're pretty damn ridiculous right now, you know that?​

15. North_Ranger The Prokrastinator

Message Count:
    Books:
    Banned. Can't hear you.​

Minor rant: That's what I was banned for. Since there was a big ol' clusterfuck thread about it, I figured people should know that NR basically banned me for being in a bad mood.

Just wanted to get that off my chest.