[Drawing] Gusto's Drawings and Paintings

So hey.

I just realized that I've never actually posted my completed stuff here. Here's some stuff I'm particularly proud of. All of these and more are available at my deviantArt site.

DRAWINGS (WITH DIGITAL COLOUR)

COLOURS (OTHER PEOPLE'S LINES)

PAINTINGS

OODLES OF DOODLES

Cajungal

Staff member
I REALLY like the one of the woman looking off into the distance--and the swirly one with the blues and greens.

Nice stuff. :)

Very nice. I've always wanted to learn to paint but everytime I try I tend to use the brushs and paints like markers and never get the effect I'm looking for. Your ability to draw women far surpasses my own and I hate you for it.not really

Far said:
Very nice. I've always wanted to learn to paint but everytime I try I tend to use the brushs and paints like markers and never get the effect I'm looking for. Your ability to draw women far surpasses my own and I hate you for it.not really
Really?! I don't think I'm that great at it.

Maybe it's one of those those things where you're just looking at the result, whereas I'm looking at the result, PLUS like 30 discarded sheets of doodled paper.

Noticed something else, you stuff is much more fluid than mine. I especially love the hair. I wish I could draw hair like that.

Far said:
Noticed something else, you stuff is much more fluid than mine. I especially love the hair. I wish I could draw hair like that.

Hehe, thanks. I'm pretty proud of the way I do hair. :)

*returns after 2-3 month hiatus*

Hey guys. After messing around with completely unusable doodles and shit for a couple month I decided to get back into the oil painting game. Since people seemed to enjoy it last time, I'm gonna post my step by step progress on my painting again. This is what it looks like after one session:

Cajungal

Staff member
Gusto's Drawings and Paintings (UPDATED May 25)

Pretty... the lighter green part reminds me of fire.

Ross

Staff member

Ahh... beauty in simplicity.

The way you balance your oil paintings spatially and chromatically is excellent. So far, the red one is my favorite, as it has the bold, clean lines, and the image just pops.

Wow, Gusto! I hadn't been in this thread before. That's my loss! You are very good!

How do you get your paintings here? They don't look like photographs.

Edrondol said:
Wow, Gusto! I hadn't been in this thread before. That's my loss! You are very good!

How do you get your paintings here? They don't look like photographs.
Thanks dogg.

They ARE photographs. I just take them very straight on, in good light, and at a very high resolution.

Holy crap! Yeah, them's some great photographs! You should think about doing that, too!

Allen said:
Have any plans for your wispy green?
Yes!

Unfortunately I don't have any more time to work on it until at LEAST tomorrow afternoon. Gives it a little more time to make sure the backdrop is good and dry, and to hammer out the placement/sizing of the foreground.

Allen said:
Will your plans involve a penis-breathing Godzilla?
None of my plans will EVER include that.

Stop trying to corrupt my artistic vision.

:Leyla:

K

Kitty Sinatra

Gusto said:
Allen said:
You're making a mistake, dude. Penis-breathing Godzillas would make you. You'd be bigger than Manet, Monet and Munet combined.

Gruebeard said:
Gusto said:
Allen said:
You're making a mistake, dude. Penis-breathing Godzillas would make you. You'd be bigger than Manet, Monet and Munet combined.
I ain't need to sell out like that. It's almost TOO EASY.

Then the challenge comes from maintaining. You just can't publish penis-breathing Godzillas all the time or else you're just a one-trick pony. You need to ask yourself "What else can Godzillas breathe?" Your entire artistic future hangs precariously on your answer to that question.

Allen said:
Then the challenge comes from maintaining. You just can't publish penis-breathing Godzillas all the time or else you're just a one-trick pony. You need to ask yourself "What else can Godzillas breathe?" Your entire artistic future hangs precariously on your answer to that question.
Wow.

See, I immediately went to "What else can breathe penises?"

You have exposed the beauty of the whole career maintenance problem. What if you end up asking the wrong question?

Already this artistic endeavor has turned into a mental exercise of penis-like proportions!

Allen said:
You have exposed the beauty of the whole career maintenance problem. What if you end up asking the wrong question?

Already this artistic endeavor has turned into a mental exercise of penis-like proportions!
The headache this is gonna cause me is even bigger than my penis.

Allen, if I paint a Godzilla breathing penises, you'd better fucking buy it.

S'all I'm sayin'.

As with all art, that will depend on if it matches my furniture. :heythere:

But seriously, paint whatever.

P

Philosopher B.

Gusto said:
That is bay-oo-tiful. I like the circular, wispy motion it's got goin' on. Plus green is my favorite color (can't wait 'till the other green painting is done :D ). I think I'll set this one as my desktop background.

P

Philosopher B.

I did it. Now my desktop looks all sparkly. :zoid:

Philosopher B. said:
I did it. Now my desktop looks all sparkly. :zoid:
Haha, there's actually a story there. I did that painting for a friend and she was SO EXCITED to get it that I took a picture and gave it to her while parts of it were still kinda wet.

Gusto's Drawings and Paintings (UPDATED Feb 19)

Updated with 1/8th of my Halforums history artjam submission, 8 Days of Halforums.

This is Juski.

Gusto's Drawings and Paintings (UPDATED Feb 19)

Oh uh hey I suppose I could update this with all the little DnD related sketches I've made over the past couple months! Right!?

And also this drawing of Espy that Amy did and I put a little colour on:

Very nice :thumbsup:

I wish I had even a fraction of your artistic ability maybe than I could draw something better than a deformed stickman :)