[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

Right... it was night... why was I thinking smokey?

Kids come up with fascinating things... my 3 year old doesn't like it when I close the door to his room at night because "there are space crabs on the door daddy." Interestingly it's not the space crabs that seem to bother him but the giant "bad guy" robots that come out from under his bed to fight with the space crabs.

Right... it was night... why was I thinking smokey?

Kids come up with fascinating things... my 3 year old doesn't like it when I close the door to his room at night because "there are space crabs on the door daddy." Interestingly it's not the space crabs that seem to bother him but the giant "bad guy" robots that come out from under his bed to fight with the space crabs.
Okay. That is awesome.

I mean, it's not awesome that it scares the kid but the concept is great.

S

SeraRelm

Best Dexter's Lab episode was the one with the little kid telling the story. Dexter and Computress get Mandark.

S

SeraRelm

The earlier stuff, yeah, but you can see his brother's ideas turning toward poop jokes more often than not now.

On behalf of all of my fellow allergy sufferers, I'd like to thank every single crank-head, meth-head and other druggies who discovered they could melt down Sudafed and turn it into their "recreational drug" of choice for the extra #$!@$!@#% steps of misery you give us now just so we can #$!@$^%@! BREATHE.

M

makare

On behalf of all of my fellow allergy sufferers, I'd like to thank every single crank-head, meth-head and other druggies who discovered they could melt down Sudafed and turn it into their "recreational drug" of choice for the extra #$!@$!@#% steps of misery you give us now just so we can #$!@$^%@! BREATHE.
I loved this because I hate this! I have thought that so many times and what really chaps my ass about the whole thing is that the people who are using it for meth will still get it. I just have to wait in line and show five different types of ID before I can get mine.

Grrr.

The age old problem of how to punish the criminals without punishing everybody else at the same time... because yeah, damn these allergies and damn the fact that it's so difficult for me to get actual real sudafed.

It'd almost be easier if they just made it a prescription drug instead of this Driver's License, sign three times and swear on a stack of Bibles or other Holy books of your choice that you are not going to turn it into meth thing.

M

makare

I'd think the fact that when I ask for the stuff I am sneezing AND stuffed up would be a sign.

GasBandit

Staff member
Just had some hood rat with an equal ratio of body mass to make-up come claim a prize. She had the word "Beautiful" tattooed across her collarbone area just under the throat.

It took everything I had not to tell her if she has to label it such, it probably really isn't.

Just had some hood rat with an equal ratio of body mass to make-up come claim a prize. She had the word "Beautiful" tattooed across her collarbone area just under the throat.

It took everything I had not to tell her if she has to label it such, it probably really isn't.
I live in an area where that is a common sight anywhere you go. I've become numb to it.

In Canada:

Step 1) Go to allergy section.
Step 2) Pick up sudafed and put it in your basket.
Step 3) Go to counter and wait in line
Step 4) Pay, say thank you and leave.

There's really only a problem if you try to buy a ridiculous amount. In my 8 years working in the drug store, never was I told to card people for sudafed or any other allergy or cold medication. Just to stall them and/or call the cops with the license plate number if anyone should buy what I thought was an unreasonable or suspicious quantity of it.

In Canada:

Step 1) Go to allergy section.
Step 2) Pick up sudafed and put it in your basket.
Step 3) Go to counter and wait in line
Step 4) Pay, say thank you and leave.
You forgot steps 5-7:

5) Drive back to the US.
6) Get stopped at customs, where they take said sudafed.
7) Drive home, still stuffed up (and probably worse now because I've had to drive through the forests of the UP and the North woods.)

You forgot steps 5-7:

5) Drive back to the US.
6) Get stopped at customs, where they take said sudafed.
7) Drive home, still stuffed up (and probably worse now because I've had to drive through the forests of the UP and the North woods.)
I don't have to do those steps.

I do.

And they'd probably stop me because I was sneaking in a Tim Horton's coffee with six dozen Timmies along with said sudafed. Oh, and a REAL flush toilet.