[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

Could it be possible in both cases these are post-Covid related? It has been reported that clots, brain issues such as dizziness, etc. have been associated with those who have recovered from Covid-19. I'm far from an expert, but with no prior history for either of you, it could be a possibility.
It can definitely be a contributing factor, last time she had covid was about 8 months ago.
It can increase risks but isn't really a cause on its own.

To say this is causing an absolute shit show at work would be an understatement. A LOT of customers are talking about canceling or switching providers. The queue for customer service has blown up. The average wait times to reach a lowly agent like me is over an hour. People are PISSED and I don't blame them.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first nail in the coffin for the company.

I firmly believe this is a result of Rogers buying Shaw. Shaw owns Corus, who own these channels being removed.

View attachment 45203
Today is officially Hell Day at work, as the channels are now removed from our service. Which means any customers who didn't somehow hear the news will be calling in.

Ugh.

Today is officially Hell Day at work, as the channels are now removed from our service. Which means any customers who didn't somehow hear the news will be calling in.
I know this isn’t your choice but I feel like when stuff like that happens my cable company will play an automated explanation for stuff like that before you get to talk to someone.

I feel there's some correlation [between COVID and strokes]
I feel like there’s less of a mystery here, like, “Hey we had a worldwide pandemic of a disease proven to cause/contribute to vascular blockages/ischemia” followed by “Hey sure are a lot more people who were otherwise low-risk having strokes after contracting this disease gee I wonder if there could be some relationship there.”

Yes, I fully understand the need for studies/research to prove the link, but c’mon these go together like smoking and lung cancer.

—Patrick

I feel like there’s less of a mystery here, like, “Hey we had a worldwide pandemic of a disease proven to cause/contribute to vascular blockages/ischemia” followed by “Hey sure are a lot more people who were otherwise low-risk having strokes after contracting this disease gee I wonder if there could be some relationship there.”

Yes, I fully understand the need for studies/research to prove the link, but c’mon these go together like smoking and lung cancer.

—Patrick
I tend to agree..but correlation is not always causation, and studies help prove it up.

My marital arts instructor had the exact same stroke that left him dizzy, insensitive on the right side, and unable to swallow (we take that for granted! Just try NOT swallowing). He is recovering but I am definitely thinking covid is doing some of the lifting in these cases.

NJ transit is driving me insane, whether it's Tim from the SJTA lying about my shuttle breaking Down, or the new bus drivers apps getting the WRONG scheduled two days in a row!

figmentPez

Staff member
When I go searching for new knowledge, it seems like more and more of the search results are AI generated crap, often full of hallucinations. Like, I don't know much about this new subject I'm trying to learn, but I know enough to tell that this is poorly written bullshit. It's making it really difficult to find good sources for understanding new subjects, and I hate it.

When I go searching for new knowledge, it seems like more and more of the search results are AI generated crap, often full of hallucinations. Like, I don't know much about this new subject I'm trying to learn, but I know enough to tell that this is poorly written bullshit. It's making it really difficult to find good sources for understanding new subjects, and I hate it.
Find examples that cite their sources, and then go to those sources

GasBandit

Staff member
Just learned about some behind the scenes details about my promotion fiasco. I am more angry now that I know all the details. The manager screwed me over hid behind HR. What a snake.
Promotion fiasco? Did you post about this? I remember you getting pitched on moving to Germany for a promotion, but I don't remember any other context here.

Promotion fiasco? Did you post about this? I remember you getting pitched on moving to Germany for a promotion, but I don't remember any other context here.
Here you go.
I am trying to keep a positive perspective about this but it's a bit demotivating/demoralizing.

I got my performance review at work on Monday. My boss said I got promoted to next scientist level and a 10% increase in pay. Great news, right? Today HR called a meeting and said there was a mistake on their end and I wasn't supposed to be promoted nor get the raise. I tried to fight back at least for the raise, but no good.

So, I am happy that I have a job, but really pissed at being treated this way. An apology doesn't cut it. Not sure how I am going to respond.
--Patrick

The Germany thing was just HR seeing who might be interested. They still haven't done anything about that yet.

My current supervisor is leaving and he took me to lunch and told me who stopped my promotion. I thought it was a higher manager like COO, but it was my supervisors boss, who acted surprised about the whole thing back when it happened. Now, I have to report to him.

Fun fact: One of the things associated with face blindness is the inability to recognize cars. I'm not kidding. So is that a Chevy Volt? Because that's what I drive.
It looks like a mismatched Dodge Dart (SXT/Aero body, but SE wheels). I was more referring to the fact that it is a bright red hatchback (and because I keep thinking your car is a Neon, not a Volt).

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
It looks like a mismatched Dodge Dart (SXT/Aero body, but SE wheels). I was more referring to the fact that it is a bright red hatchback (and because I keep thinking your car is a Neon, not a Volt).

--Patrick
I had a 2016 Dodge Dart for a few years. In fact, that's what I had when we met. My son still has one. We love them.