[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

Dave

Staff member
In the whole kerfuffle with NewEgg, they ended up sending me an additional 1 TB Western Digital HD. I called them and let them know I didn't order one but they said to just keep it. No problem! But I can't fit it into my PC right now as I have no space in the case for one. So, I thought, I'd do a giveaway! The guy who won it is from Canada. I went to mail it today. Shipping as at LEAST $145 to Alberta.

The fuck?

FedEx. Nope. $150.

USPS? Nope. $145.

Found a site that shows it should be about $30, but that's not what they told me when I went to the office directly.

I contacted the guy and told him I couldn't do it as posted and he understands, but seriously what the actual fuck, man?!?

I thought it was bad when I was selling whistles, and had to pay $72 to ship one to wales. That's outrageous. It'd be cheaper to drive it yourself across the border.

what the actual fuck, man?!?
I ordered some shampoo from a place that turned out to be in Canada.
They sent me the wrong thing. I complained. They promised to re-ship.
They sent me the wrong thing again. I complained again. They refunded the order, about $32 worth. Now I have a bunch of shampoo I didn't actually want. Oh well.
Then I discovered that the picture on their website was wrong and that's why I kept getting the wrong stuff. Called them up, apologized, informed them of the pic being wrong so that other people would be spared the confusion, asked if I could ship this stuff back (because that's the kinda guy I am) they said they were fine with that.
That's when I discovered that shipping the stuff back would be ... $50? Called them back again to ask if they could just re-bill me, they said to just keep it for my troubles. Post office told me, "Yeah, if you hadn't opened them, then return shipping would've been free," but they were at a loss to tell me how I would've known it was the wrong product without actually opening them.

Hmph.

--Patrick

Last edited:
A

Anonymous

Anonymous

There's been a change in management just above my level. So what would have gotten me written up last week if not fired, is now standard operating procedure. And is also the way the software was designed to work in the first place.

I try very hard to give my business to small, local businesses. I understand how hard it can be to make a small business work, in a small market, with a very static customer base 9 months out of the year and flaky tourists the other three. But you have to get things right at least once in a while. How hard can it be to fill the right fucking medications?! We send barcode scans of the damn pill bottles! They fill things we haven't even requested! And they don't fill things we have requested. @Aislynn put in a request for six medications to be refilled. They refilled one and told her two others weren't available because they were waiting on confirmation from the doctor. They didn't tell her which two, nor did they even mention the other three! What. The. Fuck. Are. You. Doing?! You. Have. One. Fucking. Job.

I try very hard to give my business to small, local businesses. I understand how hard it can be to make a small business work, in a small market, with a very static customer base 9 months out of the year and flaky tourists the other three. But you have to get things right at least once in a while. How hard can it be to fill the right fucking medications?! We send barcode scans of the damn pill bottles! They fill things we haven't even requested! And they don't fill things we have requested. @Aislynn put in a request for six medications to be refilled. They refilled one and told her two others weren't available because they were waiting on confirmation from the doctor. They didn't tell her which two, nor did they even mention the other three! What. The. Fuck. Are. You. Doing?! You. Have. One. Fucking. Job.
This one really got to me, because they honestly do just have one job - fill medication requests that come in. They misfilled my prescription Friday - I submitted a refill request for a Vitamin D supplement, they refilled my Sertraline. Now, Sertraline is great. I don't go a day without it. And, I have a little bit of a cushion on it - My PCP prescribed it at 100mg and my shrink wants me to stay at 50mg. Since he didn't rewrite the scrip I still get sixty 50mg pills per refill. You know what else is important, though? The bloody vitamin D that I requested! My vitamin D level was 40 points below where psychological symptoms begin and I need to keep using this medication as a supplement to any vitamin D I might naturally take in, because if I don't have it I don't leave the house to take any in (PTSD induced agoraphobia is a vicious, vicious cycle).

So, they get a Yelp review.

Dave

Staff member
This is in the minor rant because Vero driving stress me like you wouldn't believe it.
The reason my family has such bad luck is because my wife uses up all the good luck by not dying horribly in a traffic accident. She's...aggressive.

Yesterday, at my new call center job, I got this call:

"...this is Nick, how may I help you?"
"ACCBALAALA!"
"Um, I'm sorry?"
"ACCBALALA!"
"I...I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying."
"I AM NOT REPEATING MYSELF AGAIN!"
"Okay, but...I can't help you if I don't know what the issue is."
"ACCBALAALA!"
"Could you please not yell so I can help you?"
*silence*
"Are...you still there?"
"YESI'MSTILL HERE!!!"
"Can I get your phone number to look up the account?"
*LOUDLY GIVES NUMBER!*
"Thank you. Now, how can I help you?"
"ACCOUNT. BALANCE."
"Oh! Account balance! It's this much and it's due this time."

*Hangs up on me*

Last edited:
Yesterday, at my new call center job, I got this call:

"...this is Nick, how may I help you?"
"ACCBALAALA!"
"Um, I'm sorry?"
"ACCBALALA!"
"I...I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying."
"I AM NOT REPEATING MYSELF AGAIN!"
"Okay, but...I can't help you if I don't know what the issue is."
"ACCBALAALA!"
"Could you please not yell so I can help you?"
*silence*
"Are...you still there?"
"YESI'MSTILL HERE!!!"
"Can I get your phone number to look up the account?"
*LOUDLY GIVES NUMBER!*
"Thank you. Now, how can I help you?"
"ACCOUNT. BALANCE."
"Oh! Account balance! It's this much and it's due this time."

*Hangs up on me*
Par for the course, mein freund.

Oh good... Netflix has started running ads between episodes of long series binges. They're just for their other shows, but they're ads nonetheless. As if constantly having their other programs' trailers blaring in the background while you try to browse for a show to watch wasn't bad enough. Looks like its time to cancel Netflix again.

Oh good... Netflix has started running ads between episodes of long series binges. They're just for their other shows, but they're ads nonetheless. As if constantly having their other programs' trailers blaring in the background while you try to browse for a show to watch wasn't bad enough. Looks like its time to cancel Netflix again.
You're not the only one who noticed:

nflx.png

source

--Patrick

Yup, noticed that last night. It's shilling that terrible looking Run DMC sitcom between episodes of The Good Place.

Yup, noticed that last night. It's shilling that terrible looking Run DMC sitcom between episodes of The Good Place.
The Run DMC sitcom wasn't all that bad, actually. Disenchanted, on the other hand, is about the biggest waste of time I've come across in recent years. Oh well, guess they don't need my money anymore. I cancelled as soon as I saw an ad - I pay $12 - $13 a month specifically to avoid ads, tyvm.

I’ve taken a turn for the worse and I’m almost inconsolable. This morning my ex-girlfriend texted (we’ve maintained contact and kinda had notions of picking up sometime in the future) me a whole slew of things that I had done a year ago - she found out about said things via an RP ex I had written with in the past. I don’t think this is fair. I don’t think I’m in the clear - I get why my ex is upset, but it’s long past now? (And she hasn’t been squeaky clean and honest with me about past things in her life either.) She disagreed and said a bunch of mean, spiteful, hateful things to me and told me to never speak to her again. For things I did a year ago. When her and I weren’t together.

Meanwhile, I’m in the middle of packing for my big move, I barely got my apartment found and signed for today. I start my new job on the 27th. I’m overwhelmed and so sad.

I have so much on my plate but all I can think about is how I wronged my ex and all the things she said to me. I’m hurt and so angry. I don’t like fighting. I don’t like being misunderstood.

Life sucks sometimes.

I’ve taken a turn for the worse and I’m almost inconsolable. This morning my ex-girlfriend texted (we’ve maintained contact and kinda had notions of picking up sometime in the future) me a whole slew of things that I had done a year ago - she found out about said things via an RP ex I had written with in the past. I don’t think this is fair. I don’t think I’m in the clear - I get why my ex is upset, but it’s long past now? (And she hasn’t been squeaky clean and honest with me about past things in her life either.) She disagreed and said a bunch of mean, spiteful, hateful things to me and told me to never speak to her again. For things I did a year ago. When her and I weren’t together.

Meanwhile, I’m in the middle of packing for my big move, I barely got my apartment found and signed for today. I start my new job on the 27th. I’m overwhelmed and so sad.

I have so much on my plate but all I can think about is how I wronged my ex and all the things she said to me. I’m hurt and so angry. I don’t like fighting. I don’t like being misunderstood.

Life sucks sometimes.
you know, I've learned something in my short life. You can commit no errors and still lose, this is not a weakness, but life. Putting my father in the ground put in perspective that you can lose in life having done nothing that warranted it. So please dont beat yourself up, its not easy I know, what happened to you wasn't fair. You just have to put it behind you and move forward with what you can do to make the best of now.

Last edited:
you know, I've learned something in my short life. You can commit no errors, this is not a weakness, but life. Putting my father in the ground put in perspective that you can lose in life having done nothing that warranted it. So please dont beat yourself up, its not easy I know, what happened to you wasn't fair. You just have to put it behind you and move forward with what you can do to make the best of now.
Right now I feel like a garbage person that deserves to be hated.

I know the feeling will pass and I’ll be okay. I’ll bounce back. But until then, I’m just trying to stay afloat. Thank you for the advice! I’ll try to follow it. <3

Or, as Jean-Luc put it:

lqz2cmE.jpg

That said, I believe that what is going on is simply that she knows you are moving further away from her in your life, and that in some twisted way she wants to make sure you will remember her.

If you do decide to respond, I would recommend you do so with a description of some of the better times you had together, and how you will genuinely miss those times, and that you will do your best to remember her for those more than whatever led to the breakup.

And then say good-bye.

--Patrick

Last edited:
Or, as Jean-Luc put it:

View attachment 27445

That said, I believe that what is going on is simply that she knows you are moving further away from her in your life, and that in some twisted way she wants to make sure you would remember her.

If you do decide to respond, I would recommend you do so with a description of some of the better times you had together, and how you will genuinely miss those times, and that you will do your best to remember her for those more than whatever led to the breakup.

And then say good-bye.

--Patrick
That is a wonderful idea!

We’ve already said what we’re gonna say though - she kept baiting me. I think she was saying mean things to me just so I would keep fighting with her. But I don’t do that, thats not how I function in a fight, so once she told me to never speak with her again, I asked that she leave me alone and said goodbye. :/ Because I don’t like the idea that you can say whatever you want to someone just because you’re hurting and are upset so I’m holding her to her word. She said some choice things to me after I asked that she leave me alone and I left it at that, not responding.

I do think it’s easier for her to hate me instead of simply not being with me. So, she can hate me I guess.

well now i feel like a heel :( I didnt even remember seeing that from star trek, I wasnt trying to rip it off :(
also im glad that everything will be ok, thats a rough pill to swallow Kags.