[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

Kags, if she's railing on you for shit you did when you two weren't together, she's being a *term redacted but it's related to Cheryl Tunt* and you don't deserve the abuse. She's just trying to hurt you for some stupid reason.

Kags, if she's railing on you for shit you did when you two weren't together, she's being a *term redacted but it's related to Cheryl Tunt* and you don't deserve the abuse. She's just trying to hurt you for some stupid reason.
The problem lies in that she thinks we were together but I don’t think we were - we had never had ‘the talk’ and specified the bounds of our relationship and she had disappeared the whole month prior - so I thought she didn’t have feelings for me anymore. But she thinks since we both had expressed having feelings for each other, among other things, we were together. So it’s honestly a mess. What hurts me is that she didn’t even want to work through things. She didn’t love me enough to want to do that I guess so. Off I go, on my own.

She ghosts you for a month when it's unclear you're even in a relationship, she doesn't get to bitch about shit that happened then. In fact, until the two of you had the "we're in an exclusive relationship now" discussion, I don't see where you did anything wrong.

"WE WERE ON A BREAK".

Yeah, I'm gonna side with Ross ;)
We had never been together so, it doesn’t apply.

And I hate this joke.

EDIT: I realized I sound like an asshole - I’m not mad you made the joke, just to be clear. Haha, I just hate that part of Friends, that’s all. >_<

She ghosts you for a month when it's unclear you're even in a relationship, she doesn't get to bitch about shit that happened then. In fact, until the two of you had the "we're in an exclusive relationship now" discussion, I don't see where you did anything wrong.
Thank you! I can even say exactly when I knew her and I were together because I posted about it here.

I am truly sorry and devastated that I hurt her so badly. There are a myriad of things that went wrong and she’s no saint in this scenario either. Pez can vouch for the amount of confusion and hurt I’ve felt for months leading up to this.

Anyway, I’m sorry to drone on about it. Thank you guys so much for listening and for helping me!! :heart:

Last edited:
Just so there’s no doubt, we like you and want you to stay, but we won’t mind at all if you see other people while you’re here.

—Patrick
As long as she doesn't develop feelings for another message board. An occasional post is fine, but...

EDIT: I realized I sound like an asshole - I’m not mad you made the joke, just to be clear. Haha, I just hate that part of Friends, that’s all.
To be fair, I hate that part in Friends too. Both act like idiots and assholes for the whole season.

When good deeds go bad: I was eating lunch in a park, and as I was walking towards the garbage can, noticed some paper ripped up into squares. Being the considerate person that I occasionally am, I start picking them up to throw away with my own trash. I picked up several pieces before noticing that some of the squares are smeared with what suspiciously resembles human excrement [emoji33]

My local store really needs to stop ordering so damn much product that they can't sell it in a decent amount of time. When was the last time you saw a national brand condiment on a shelf that expired in the current year? The current month? These guys are getting better with their own brand, mainly because they just switched from Western Family to Essential Every Day, but the jar of extra hot horseradish I bought a couple weeks ago expires in September and is already moldy and separated out. I'm just so damn sick of throwing away condiments. I'm used to a jar of salsa or bottle of mustard lasting years, not weeks!

Just haven't taken time to talk about this here, but this week has taken an interesting turn.

Sunday afternoon, after having lunch with him, my father-in-law had a mild heart attack. He mainly felt discomfort, much like indigestion, and could have just been indigestion, but later into the evening he decided that it was more than that. Him and my mother-in-law drove up to the hospital, and they checked him out and decided to keep him overnight for observation. Saw a heart doc on Monday morning and after he looked over the charts and did a couple of things told him that he was fairly sure that he'd had a heart attack. Worked all day to get him into the Cath lab to check things out better, the scope showed that he had around a 90% blockage on the main artery in one spot, and about a 60% blockage at another on the same artery. The doc thought that it was the smaller blockage that was causing the issues that he was feeling. This was around 7:30pm Monday night.

This morning, Tuesday, he saw a heart surgeon and after he checked him out, and looked everything over, scheduled my FIL for a triple or quadruple bypass for around 8am Wednesday morning. This scheduled surgery is almost exactly (and may turn out to be exactly) one week before my wife has her mastectomy for breast cancer. To say the least, he won't be in Houston for her surgery. my MIL is a lot rattled right now, this is all very hard for her, and she's thinking that she has to handle everything on her own, even though my wife (eldest daughter) and her sister (younger daughter) and TONS of family (there were over 20 people in the waiting room this morning just for him and her) around to help out however is needed. She's currently "borrowing trouble" by worrying about things like paying bills (he'll be home fine before next month, even at the longest estimate for hospital stay) and mowing the lawn (August in Texas, it ain't growing right now).

They celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this past June.

So, lots of added stress this week, before a week of stress next week. I'm living in interesting times.

TLDR; FIL had heart attack, MIL a lot worried, everything will be fine in the end.

So, yesterday was a long day. FIL has a quadruple bypass, was in surgery for almost 6 hours total. He'll be in the hospital for at least 4 days, and as long as 7 days. Last night they kept him sedated and intubated after having some blood pressure issues after coming out of surgical anesthesia. He responded correctly and physically to their commands after they brought him out, and then put him back under for the night.

I've mentioned before that I'm following a series of workshops to help guide me back to work. Anyway, we're approaching the end, and, amongst other things, I've updated my official on line resumé (Belgium has a government website where all unemployed are supposed to have an open resumé and where most job ads are also listed - it's not the place to be if you want some specialized jobs, but it works pretty well for general profiles...and yes, it's pretty much a state-supported competitor to a lot of other job sites). So now I'm getting swamped in all kinds of "job offers".
Seriously - I've had 4 or 5 mails and 2 phone calls today. Neat. Except...They're pretty much all for jobs I don't want to do. They're all similar to what I've done before, or horribly thankless phone advertising, or jobs that, yes, have a lot in common with what I might be interested in, but in fiedls I have very little interest in or knowledge of (working in the culture department of the city? Sign me up. The...sanitation and road works department? I'm not against it, but the only thing I know about sewers is they're supposed to run downhill).
Which, ok, shows that if I want to do anything, I can definitely find a job. But...A job I'd like? Still as far away as ever.

I've mentioned before that I'm following a series of workshops to help guide me back to work. Anyway, we're approaching the end, and, amongst other things, I've updated my official on line resumé (Belgium has a government website where all unemployed are supposed to have an open resumé and where most job ads are also listed - it's not the place to be if you want some specialized jobs, but it works pretty well for general profiles...and yes, it's pretty much a state-supported competitor to a lot of other job sites). So now I'm getting swamped in all kinds of "job offers".
Seriously - I've had 4 or 5 mails and 2 phone calls today. Neat. Except...They're pretty much all for jobs I don't want to do. They're all similar to what I've done before, or horribly thankless phone advertising, or jobs that, yes, have a lot in common with what I might be interested in, but in fiedls I have very little interest in or knowledge of (working in the culture department of the city? Sign me up. The...sanitation and road works department? I'm not against it, but the only thing I know about sewers is they're supposed to run downhill).
Which, ok, shows that if I want to do anything, I can definitely find a job. But...A job I'd like? Still as far away as ever.
I'm still getting emails and text messages from two years ago (and from another state) from the last time I filed unemployment. The databases never go away, never seem to get purged, and are never secure. Plus they sell your info to every spammer in the world - but it's a requirement for benefits so, hurray for emails and calls about jobs that weren't relevant two years ago and certainly aren't now.

Dear Customer,

PLEASE do not eat while speaking on the phone. It's rude and disgusting. I don't want to hear you chewing while trying to help you.

Also, LISTEN to what I've trying to say or suggest. I don't want to repeat myself half a dozen times.

Regards,
Call Center Monkey

Dear Customer,

PLEASE do not eat while speaking on the phone. It's rude and disgusting. I don't want to hear you chewing while trying to help you.

Also, LISTEN to what I've trying to say or suggest. I don't want to repeat myself half a dozen times.

Regards,
Call Center Monkey
Can you imagine I've done that for 9 years and I was still pretty happy with that aspect of the job? I got tired because I knew everything I could do backwards and forwards, but I still didn't really mind the customers.

Ahh, customers. Can't live with them, full stop. :p

Yeah I couldn't find the mass shooting thread to post about it earlier.
It was at the Madden 19 tournament.
4 dead, 11 injured so far.

A lab mate is doing similar experiments as me and this person is about two days ahead of me on their project. I keep finding empty reagent bottles or used kits when I get to my next steps. Fucking up my progress. I just need to go order EVERYTHING proactively to make sure it's all available when I need it.

A lab mate is doing similar experiments as me and this person is about two days ahead of me on their project. I keep finding empty reagent bottles or used kits when I get to my next steps. Fucking up my progress. I just need to go order EVERYTHING proactively to make sure it's all available when I need it.
Nothing like saving time by stealing it from other people.

—Patrick

I just moved to Tyler, TX two days ago. I have a letter of intent from the high school to teach dual-credit, AP, and Early College US history. Once I get the certification requirements done and get confirmed as a teacher the money will come in. And it will be SO much more than I got as a lowly adjunct.

I found a nice apartment and started unpacking. I explored the neighborhood and found some decent places to hang out, including a gaming shop. The first day of the school year went well and I like the kids and my colleagues. This is shaping up to be a productive and profitable year, finally. I haven’t had many wins on the job front so I should be happy.

And yet, I’m sad and lonely right now. I left my home of the past eight years, my friends, and my old life. I MISS College Station. I miss the Aggie stuff, as silly as it is. I really miss my friends both from within and without the student population. I miss the carpool. I miss the classic movie nights at Cinemark. I just plain miss home.

Cool. It will be a few months, but we usually head up that way every couple of months. The surgery and follow-up radiation will put our trips on hold for now.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I was corresponding with an employee of another company. Both the company I work for, and this other person work at companies which are contractors for the "main" project company that has the money that is financing all of us. So this big company is the "client" of us both, with us (and at least one more company, possibly 2 or 3 others) all on the one mega-project. There's an "individual" at this parent company who has "interesting" development practices, which were summed up very nicely in one line from this other person:

"Yes, REDACTED_NAME thinks that specifications are for the weak so we are running without any"

:facepalm:

He's 100% right. This sums up REDACTED_NAME perfectly. And he sent this in an actual work email to me. I'm not forwarding that, hell no, but yikes, this other person has had to work with REDACTED_NAME for years. I can understand his frustration!