[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

Ran over 2hrs at work today for something that was NOT my fault but that I had to clean up.
"Oh, you can handle it in the 15min before your time to leave."
No, I can't, but nobody else here can handle it, so ... yaaayyyyyy...

--Patrick

So my wife just texted me. She has a friend over, and and apparently he disconnected my dryer vent because "it's a fire hazard" apparently his friend is a fire fighter so he knows stuff like this? Wtf

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

So my wife just texted me. She has a friend over, and and apparently he disconnected my dryer vent because "it's a fire hazard" apparently his friend is a fire fighter so he knows stuff like this? Wtf
This is potentially true, if you're not using a metal vent hose. It's an offense to not use a metal vent hose these days.

--Patrick

I have a friend who organizes the tours for people who've actually been inducted into the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame.
You won't even see me try to plan the entertainment for my kid's birthday party.

--Patrick
That was my argument only I used doctor and surgery. She got mad at me

So anyway. Now I have to rehook up my dryer vent hose that I just hooked up on Monday when I bought a new dryer...

*points to Wax Jimmy Page*

"Blah blah blah blah blah blah Blahblah blah Blahblah. Blah blah blah blah blah."
Oh. You didn't see Alex Lifeson's speech when he was inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Well, he went on for like five minutes saying "blah blah blah" while gesturing like he was actually delivering a speech. So I was alluding to a tour guide showing him around and giving the same spiel.

I just told you the laundry doesn't run every day and it's not my department. Telling me how many of you there are isn't going to change that. If they are'n running, they aren't running. Period.

I just told you the laundry doesn't run every day and it's not my department. Telling me how many of you there are isn't going to change that. If they are'n running, they aren't running. Period.
What if a shady looking guy in a sharp suit gives you a gold coin? Can you get the blood out of his clothes then?

What if a shady looking guy in a sharp suit gives you a gold coin? Can you get the blood out of his clothes then?
Tonight I'd probably make them bloodier. Ended up with coffee all over the kitchen after forgetting to close the spigot on the pot when starting a fresh batch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Wife was doing her toenails while using her iPad. Clipper slipped, and we now have a nice crack in said iPad.
I'm super confused as to how these two activities are possible at the same time. I'm impressed though because I still have issues walking and talking at the same time.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I'm posting this anon because I don't want this to be easily found by someone doing a cursory search for my on line handle, but I'm sure you'll all be able to tell what Belgian owl is posting this.
Anyway.

Today, a guy died on a site we do camera guarding for. The operator didn't properly follow procedures and didn't call the railway's operating center when he should have, and two people ended up on the railroad tracks, one of thme getting electrocuted.
Now, that in and of itself is bad enough. But this operator is a PITA, has been ignoring me and lying to me, and he's always backed up by my boss. And now, of course, he's claiming he didn't call because of what I told him - I apparently told him "not to bother" with this type of passage on the site.
Now, to be clear, that call (probably) wouldn't have saved the guy's life. It would just have meant cops on site faster than they were now (but a 10,000 volt charge through your body isn't something cops can save you from, really). Still, he messed up, and he's trying to put the blame on me. And I already know that in a word vs word situation, my boss is going to take his side. And I know full damn well what I told him - you can ignore passage when the gate is open - and what happened - he ignored passage whil the gate was closed - and it's still going to fall on me and I'll probably be powerless to help it. DAMMIT. He shouldn't have made the error in the first place, and he definitely shouldn't be trying to blame me, and I'm really not emotionally equipped right now to deal with this crap, and this may very well cost me my job or sour my relationship with my boss even further making my job even more of a stressor than it already is and AGGH.

Sorry, I just needed to get that out of my system. The guy's a jerk, and contrarian and opposing me at every opportunity and it looks like he might get away with pinning this on me and I don't think I'll be able to properly work with him after this. Seriously. GAH

Brutal! I'm at a loss for words. Logically, I can't begin to imagine how this could possibly be pinned on you, but I understand how the "Team Favourite" dynamics work in offices.

I can't sleep:(

Super stressed over:

So many things. I actually felt worse after typing them out in a list. It was a long list.

Last edited:
For some reason I woke up today too dizzy to go to work. I have no other symptoms, just dizziness and slight nausea. My family's telling me to go see a doctor but: 1. I'm too dizzy to go anywhere, and 2. I don't know which doctor I'd go to anyway.

Anyway, here's seeing if a day of rest will fix it.

For some reason I woke up today too dizzy to go to work. I have no other symptoms, just dizziness and slight nausea. My family's telling me to go see a doctor but: 1. I'm too dizzy to go anywhere, and 2. I don't know which doctor I'd go to anyway.

Anyway, here's seeing if a day of rest will fix it.
When you say dizzy, what do you mean? If you are having a sensation of movement or whirling/spinning, that is vertigo and could be an inner ear infection. If you feel imbalanced or faint, I'd check your blood pressure (or it could also be a blood sugar issue).

It could be other more serious stuff too, so probably see a doctor instead of listening to a handsome guy on the internet, bit those are the most common.

When you say dizzy, what do you mean? If you are having a sensation of movement or whirling/spinning, that is vertigo and could be an inner ear infection. If you feel imbalanced or faint, I'd check your blood pressure (or it could also be a blood sugar issue).

It could be other more serious stuff too, so probably see a doctor instead of listening to a handsome guy on the internet, bit those are the most common.
Hmm... more of the former than the latter, I'd say. I did get my blood pressure checked a while back, and it's a smidge high but nothing to worry about yet.

I'm heading to the ENT doctor later, I think.

Hmm... more of the former than the latter, I'd say. I did get my blood pressure checked a while back, and it's a smidge high but nothing to worry about yet.

TIL: Bhamv is not a smallish Asian guy, but a fast-for-his-kind walking tree.

http://www.californiaearinstitute.com/ear-disorders-bppv-california-ear-institute-bay-area.php

Probably nothing significant, but an ENT will be able to diagnose. For me, without treatment, things settled down within days. Could be age, but others have blamed them on q-tips or ear cleaning implements tapping the eardrum inadvertently.

While you're waiting for that, though, take advantage of the weightless/falling feeling by closing your eyes during sex or other sensuous activities (bath/jaccuzi, swings, eating, etc).

TIL: Bhamv is not a smallish Asian guy, but a fast-for-his-kind walking tree.
I am Groot.

The doctor said it's probably not an issue with my brain, and my blood pressure was a bit high but not too bad (140/85 or so), so it's probably an ear issue. He prescribed ear medication, and said I should get lots of rest.

Problem is, my company can't function without me, so...

As you get older, the fluid in your ears thickens and so is slower to respond to orientation changes, leading to more frequent vertigo, etc.
But that's not something that usually starts until >40.

--Patrick

As you get older, the fluid in your ears thickens and so is slower to respond to orientation changes, leading to more frequent vertigo, etc.
But that's not something that usually starts until >40.

--Patrick
You can check with an otoscope. Look at the eardrum and if it says, "Packed in heavy syrup" then it's a pretty certain diagnosis of thick headedness.

fade

Staff member
Is it weird that I kind of want a bowl of eardrums in heavy syrup now?

NYANG NYANG NYANG NYANG mm chewy.