[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

GasBandit

Staff member
Man. Every time I go over to Hongfire for something AA2 related, I get my shoes vomited on as a reminder that the Gordo Granudos there are incapable of ordinary discourse without going full-on Mort from Anime Club.

Dave

Staff member
Zach's plane is delayed. Like 3-4 hours delayed. Took unnecessary time off from work and made all these plans...gone. Only a minor rant because he's still coming home today, even if it's now tonight.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have no idea what 90% of that sentence means.
Hongfire is a website/messageboard that specializes in translating bootleg hentai games and running them on western systems. It is where I got the translations and patches used in halforums academy 1 and 2.

This is Gordo Granudo.

This is Mort from Anime Club.

Zach's plane is delayed. Like 3-4 hours delayed. Took unnecessary time off from work and made all these plans...gone. Only a minor rant because he's still coming home today, even if it's now tonight.
I read that completely differently and damn near had a heart attack.

Hongfire is a website/messageboard that specializes in translating bootleg hentai games and running them on western systems. It is where I got the translations and patches used in halforums academy 1 and 2.

This is Gordo Granudo.

This is Mort from Anime Club.

Haha I effing lost it at the get the fuck out of my mom's house

My daughter wanted to have a friend over Saturday so I set it up with the friend's mum.

I tell her this today when I pick her up thinking I had done well. Not so, I get yelled at because evidently she and my son were both invited to a birthday party at the same time. I say well you now have plans but your brother can go. She gets hysterical.

Well, wtf do I do with this turd?

My daughter wanted to have a friend over Saturday so I set it up with the friend's mum.

I tell her this today when I pick her up thinking I had done well. Not so, I get yelled at because evidently she and my son were both invited to a birthday party at the same time. I say well you now have plans but your brother can go. She gets hysterical.

Well, wtf do I do with this turd?
Get her a calendar or agenda and teach her how scheduling works. My family's kitchen calendar was sacrosanct, we always checked it before making plans.

The issue is that she didn't give me the invite until today compounded by the fact that the other parent only sent out invites a few days in advance of the party.

She is going to have her play date and her brother will go.

Man. Every time I go over to Hongfire for something AA2 related, I get my shoes vomited on as a reminder that the Gordo Granudos there are incapable of ordinary discourse without going full-on Mort from Anime Club.
This is why I went to a grand total of 2 meetings of my college anime club despite being President, the membership made me feel that way despite being the biggest collector in the group. The fucking "Morts" made me swear off Cons and Clubs forever.

GasBandit

Staff member
So stressed. So pissed.

Owner starts railing because tasks needed to close the month (april) in accounting aren't done yet. Turns out his pet accountant out of midland "asked" me to do those tasks in an email... that I was not on the recipients list. This is not the first time she's done "innocent" things like that which make headaches for me. I'm pretty sure she's trying to undermine me like she undermined the traffic director who's getting fired. Meanwhile shit has been hitting the fan like crazy because new local accountant lady was thrown into the shark den with barely any training and doesn't know what she's doing. Invoices aren't getting to the clients, payments aren't coming in, and books aren't balancing. This entire shitstorm is a direct result of midland pet-accountant meddling at the behest of the owner, who wanted to reduce headcount/expenses. Well, we'll see how much money he saves by us not getting paid by our clients.

Also my jocks are lazy and incompetent, my boss is harried and overworked and forgetting to do things I need him to do to be able to do my job, my workload is piling up, getting-fired traffic director turns more toxic by the day, sales weasels are whiny and incompetent, my e-mail is buried in an avalanche of "reply to all" hell and I'm going home and getting drunk. To think I'd thought I might get some HFA done tonight. NOT LIKE THIS.

So stressed. So pissed. Check back in an hour for "So drunk."

So stressed. So pissed.

Owner starts railing because tasks needed to close the month (april) in accounting aren't done yet. Turns out his pet accountant out of midland "asked" me to do those tasks in an email... that I was not on the recipients list. This is not the first time she's done "innocent" things like that which make headaches for me. I'm pretty sure she's trying to undermine me like she undermined the traffic director who's getting fired. Meanwhile shit has been hitting the fan like crazy because new local accountant lady was thrown into the shark den with barely any training and doesn't know what she's doing. Invoices aren't getting to the clients, payments aren't coming in, and books aren't balancing. This entire shitstorm is a direct result of midland pet-accountant meddling at the behest of the owner, who wanted to reduce headcount/expenses. Well, we'll see how much money he saves by us not getting paid by our clients.

Also my jocks are lazy and incompetent, my boss is harried and overworked and forgetting to do things I need him to do to be able to do my job, my workload is piling up, getting-fired traffic director turns more toxic by the day, sales weasels are whiny and incompetent, my e-mail is buried in an avalanche of "reply to all" hell and I'm going home and getting drunk. To think I'd thought I might get some HFA done tonight. NOT LIKE THIS.

So stressed. So pissed. Check back in an hour for "So drunk."
I'm just going to keep posting in the NSFW area until you feel better then.

The "2.0" version [Keurig coffeemaker] has a scanner that scans a barcode on official k-cups before it will allow them to be brewed, meaning that cheaper brands of coffee cannot be used, nor can any reusable k-cups for custom coffees. Is this what the world has come to? Fucking DRM on coffee?
Wellll maybe not. Apparently Keurig has relented somewhat, and will bring back the My K-Cup and allow more brands of coffee to be used in its machines.
Translation: "Our sales are down almost 25% since Q3 '14 and our stock has dropped almost 10%! Our warehouses groan with unsold inventory! What were we thinking? Pleeeeez buy our products again!"

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
And they are going to be releasing a "cold drink" Keurig. Because now everything needs to be grossly overpriced.

Wellll maybe not. Apparently Keurig has relented somewhat, and will bring back the My K-Cup and allow more brands of coffee to be used in its machines.
Translation: "Our sales are down almost 25% since Q3 '14 and our stock has dropped almost 10%! Our warehouses groan with unsold inventory! What were we thinking? Pleeeeez buy our products again!"

--Patrick
I'll stick with the myCafe I bought out of spite.

I'll stick with the myCafe I bought out of spite.
I'm sure that many of the people who work for Keurig are upstanding, great people, but I will not be sorry to see the company go under as an abject lesson to anyone else who is tempted to use the word "monetize" in a sentence.

--Patrick