[PC Game] Minecraft HF server info and game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tiq

Hey gas, could you do me a favour... using a different minecraft account now, could you whitelist phospero, so I can play on the server? :3

I'm glad we have warps. I'm not a fan of "Gork's Funhouse" or whatever he called it. Was able to get back to my home so I didn't lose all my items!

Hey uhhh Bones....might not have been the best idea in the world to put that big stack of TNT in front of your house...where creepers like to spawn...

Oh yeah, something happened to the gate for Creativeland in Caprica. Philosopher B. tried to fix it, but I guess that chunk is protected or something? No biggie, but there's a couple cloth blocks there now instead of a gate.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh yeah, something happened to the gate for Creativeland in Caprica. Philosopher B. tried to fix it, but I guess that chunk is protected or something? No biggie, but there's a couple cloth blocks there now instead of a gate.
Fixed. Doesn't look like creeper damage, the ground is intact - I suspect lightning.

GasBandit

Staff member
Just a reminder, folks - Minecraft (Release version) 1.0 comes out next week. When it does, there will likely be several days, possibly a week or more, where the server will revert to vanilla. That means, until Bukkit is updated for the new version:

* No multiverse. Creativeland, Adventureland, Skyworld and Ragnar will all be unavailable for the duration.
* Nether reset. The new nether generation code will be in, and everything in the nether currently will be gone. When we re-multiverse up, it might all be gone AGAIN because of the nature of using multiverse with the nether.
* No Magic Carpets.
* No warping.
* No fire suppression system.
* Also no various "passive" things such as squid limiting and item on-ground grouping that help reduce lag.

Be prepared to rough it for a little while. The whitelist should still be in place, so there's still that, at least.

Dave

Staff member
Forest fires mean that I have to learn to build smarter. Lag will happen regardless of mods and sometimes because of them.

GasBandit

Staff member
Forest fires mean that I have to learn to build smarter. Lag will happen regardless of mods and sometimes because of them.
You have no idea how much more stable NoLagg and Squidlimiter have made the server. Trust me.

And Forest Fires don't mean YOU have to learn to build smarter alone, it also means you are subject to the whimsy of your neighbors and thunderstorms (which I will no longer be able to turn off, either :p)

Also means the endermen will be back but at least their block-moving ability is supposedly nerfed now.

Just mentioning that I'm officially "good" with reverting to vanilla for 1.0 until the mods are straightened out. I think there's enough new to justify it.

That said, to PREPARE for 1.0, everybody make sure to get your ender pearls straightened out so that you can go into the Nether to get the stuff to make the eyes. Then maybe we can actually find our strongholds! They won't have portals (generated too early I think), but once mods come back (or even with the "give" command maybe), I'm sure we'll be able to hack in the raw portal blocks so we can make them where they should be.

everybody make sure to get your ender pearls straightened out so that you can go into the Nether to get the stuff to make the eyes. Then maybe we can actually find our strongholds! They won't have portals (generated too early I think), but once mods come back (or even with the "give" command maybe), I'm sure we'll be able to hack in the raw portal blocks so we can make them where they should be.
I have no idea what you're on about.

- What are ender pearls?
- How do you straighten them out?
- What eyes?
- How do they help us find our strongholds?
- raw portal blocks? huh?

I have no idea what you're on about.

- What are ender pearls?
- How do you straighten them out?
- What eyes?
- How do they help us find our strongholds?
- raw portal blocks? huh?
Check out the following:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Eye_of_Ender
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/End_Portal
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Technical_blocks#End_Portal_Frame
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Stronghold

Basically, you use the eyes of ender to FIND the stronghold, which should have the end portal frame, and then use a bunch of the eyes to make the portal to The End. Which the last I heard there was no way out of except dying. When ports go in, there will be, but not yet. And it's likely that the portal frames aren't there in our strongholds, since I think the frames were only generated starting in one of the pre-releases.

GasBandit

Staff member
As a reminder, until the patch, to find endermen you'll have to go to adventureland.
Added at: 10:43
Hmm... reading all that... Seems unlikely we'll see much of it until I can multiverse in a fresh map :/

The way I see it Gas, is that strongholds are already in as of 1.8, but they don't have the portals, so just place the blocks we need for a portal to The End and we're good.

GasBandit

Staff member
This also raises an interesting question... with the sky world-type becoming The End... how will that effect SkyWorld?

Status
Not open for further replies.