Milkshake Ducks - The official thread of falling from grace

Carmack's been on the Jordan Peterson train for years now. Not shocked he's into the biotruth bullshit.

I have no idea who Carmack is, but Basedcon is just the Republican National Convention from the sound of it.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
I have no idea who Carmack is, but Basedcon is just the Republican National Convention from the sound of iit.
He was the guy at ID software responsible for every single tech breakthrough they ever made. Doom, and the modern FPS genre, owes everything to John Carmack.

I have no idea who Carmack is, but Basedcon is just the Republican National Convention from the sound of iit.
John Carmack made Doom (alongside John Romero and others). He was the magic code gremlin that was able to figure out how to make first person shooters work and a pretty revolutionary figure in video games. I don't want to take away his accomplishments, his methods of bypassing computational shortcomings were very impressive.

But being a magic code gremlin he's also not very personable or empathetic, so this doesn't surprise me

Seeing the list of "based beliefs" makes me feel like this is more of a GatewaySlopeCon.
Like, "Yes these are perfectly reasonable beliefs depending on how you interpret them oh by the way here's how WE interpret them now if you will just continue on to page two where we will continue to not push any particular ideology..."

--Patrick

So that Channel 4 Dispatches doc on Russel Brand is an extremely hard, both figuratively and literally if you live outside the UK, watch. They called it In Plain Sight for a reason. He was actively telling everyone what he was doing in joke form for years.

Also his recent slide into right-wing grifter makes sense if he knew this was coming (and he did). Which side is going to support a manipulative serial sex abuser more?

Last edited:
And of course, it only causes these people he's now grifting to rally to him. They love a white, male playing the victim.

I think I long ago decided that Russel Brand was just going to do whatever Russel Brand wanted to do, and so very little he does comes as an actual surprise.

--Patrick

So that Channel 4 Dispatches doc on Russel Brand is an extremely hard, both figuratively and literally if you live outside the UK, watch. They called it In Plain Sight for a reason. He was actively telling everyone what he was doing n joke form for years.

Also his recent slide into right-wing grifter makes sense if he knew this was coming (and he did). Which side is going to support a manipulative serial sex abuser more?
Yeah this is very much a case of less "oh no, not that guy" & more "of course that guy". There were a couple of then nameless (1 still nameless, 1 later revealed to be newsreader Huw Edwards) allegations in the UK that most people assumed at the time to be Russell Brand.

Well, him or David Walliams who still hasn't been officially Ducked yet.

Where are you seeing the dislikes?
Gas already posted it, but if you don't want to install an extension, the video is sitting at 1k likes and 20k dislikes. But it's a good thing youtube removed visible dislikes to stop trolling and not to appease corporate interests like these.

Michael Lewis, famed author of Moneyball and The Blind Side (which in itself should now be raising some extra eyebrows) is releasing a new book tomorrow that is essentially a novel-length fluff piece on Sam Bankman-Fried. In case that wasn't poorly-timed enough, he went on 60 minutes last night and really...yikes.

It seems like this youtuber is running a charity scam, and it's been going on for 10 years, and the more we look into it the worse it gets:

It seems like this youtuber is running a charity scam, and it's been going on for 10 years, and the more we look into it the worse it gets:

I've followed Jirard a long time, and from what I can tell, it's a case of him not knowing how to run a charity, and giving it to his brother and business partner in hopes he will take care of it, and nothing happening. While they haven't donated any of the money they've collected over the past decade, they also haven't spent it, it's just been sitting in an account with hopes that someone, somewhere, will eventually get around to taking care of it.

So yeah, it's pretty fucking bad, but it's also not exactly a scam. They haven't profited off of it, but they have lied about it, seemingly in hopes that they'd soon get around to making that lie a truth, and then never getting around to it.

I've followed Jirard a long time, and from what I can tell, it's a case of him not knowing how to run a charity, and giving it to his brother and business partner in hopes he will take care of it, and nothing happening. While they haven't donated any of the money they've collected over the past decade, they also haven't spent it, it's just been sitting in an account with hopes that someone, somewhere, will eventually get around to taking care of it.

So yeah, it's pretty fucking bad, but it's also not exactly a scam. They haven't profited off of it, but they have lied about it, seemingly in hopes that they'd soon get around to making that lie a truth, and then never getting around to it.
I'd be more inclined to believe this if not for

1) He said live on a phone call he knew they still had the money and knew about it since 2022, and then proceeded to continue with the donation drives in 2022 and 2023 afterwards, continuing to lie about where the money is going.
2) He asked the people that found out to find a charity for him after allegedly knowing about the fraud for 2 years and saying he was taking over and finding a charity, which, again, shouldn't take over 2 years while continuing to take money over false pretesnses.
3) They run a golf tournament every year for the same purposes, except that money isn't getting reported on their public IRS statements, which means the money is just disappearing, and that's been going on for almost 20 years now.

Last edited:
I'm not really into YouTubers, so I actually never watched this guy before.

However based on what I've been seeing, there are a ton of red flags that paint a picture for me on what happened.

The telling thing was that the charity existed before it actually officially existed. They were getting donations on it before it became an actual non-profit charity. This makes me think they never had an intention of actually donating anything.

It's likely the IRS or previous journalist or someone else noticed they were promoting a charity but not actually doing any donations, so as I sort of smoke screen they registered the actual non-profit years after the fact. To make the taxes look clean with the IRS they take the money from one of the charity events and put it into a savings. Then whenever someone asks about it they just say they never found someone to give it to yet. The rest from the golfing tournament and all that stuff just probably goes into another account, maybe one one owned by the father since he's the one in charge of those.

The ultimate goal was probably to keep moving the goal post until they could create some sort of foundation from which they could, in essence, cash out the money.

Again this is all conjecture on my part based on what I've been seeing about this, but I feel the fact that he still was promoting that his donations were going to a specific university even after admitting he knew the money was going nowhere since 2020, it's a bad look.

figmentPez

Staff member
Is this just Jirard, or are there other people involved in handling the money? Does he have an accountant? A business manager? Anyone?

Because if it's just him I could see all this being the result of depression, burnout, and desperately trying to keep churning out videos and maintaining a good public face while drowning in mental health problems. It's not an acceptable excuse, but it's easy to loose track of anything that's not demanding your attention when you're struggling.

If he's got an accountant / financial advisor / business manager then it probably more clearly points towards intentional fraud, but I'm not a lawyer.

Is this just Jirard, or are there other people involved in handling the money? Does he have an accountant? A business manager? Anyone?

Because if it's just him I could see all this being the result of depression, burnout, and desperately trying to keep churning out videos and maintaining a good public face while drowning in mental health problems. It's not an acceptable excuse, but it's easy to loose track of anything that's not demanding your attention when you're struggling.

If he's got an accountant / financial advisor / business manager then it probably more clearly points towards intentional fraud, but I'm not a lawyer.
According to the videos, his brother runs the actual charity, and his father set up the golf thing I believe