[Announcement] Mathias

Status
Not open for further replies.
You realize you are asking that from a guy who has to urinate through his side, don't you? :p
Well, you don't poop out of your side do you?

Story time. There was a career criminal back in my old district who spent most of his life in and out of jail when fate decided to give him a little crime handicap. When running from police one balmy, blizzardy evening he was hit by a truck while dashing across a busy (for the little town) street. He was paralyzed. Years later and years since we had heard from the piece of shit, we get a call for a domestic disturbance. I had already handled one that night so my watchmates handled this call. Well, low and behold it's an old friend (I was still young and had never encountered him, but many of the older members instantly remembered him) that had apparently beat his wife (while in his wheel chair) with his colostomy bag until it had burst so when they get to the scene, it's a shit and piss nightmare. After a trip to the hospital to deal with the fallout of that awesome occurance he's locked up in our dungeonesque cells and waits...oh, 10 minutes before once again unleashing his colostomy bag onto the poor inhabitant he's sharing a cell with. That was the best night.

Long story short NR, colostomy bags are gross. This has nothing to do with anything going on in this thread, I just wanted to share.

epilogue - One night months later when he was back in cells for another domestic charge and quadraparalyzed himself by nosediving into the cement floor from 7 feet high. No one was saddened by this.

North_Ranger

Staff member
You're awesome N_ranger. It's painful having so many great people here who can't get along from time to time.
Thank you for the compliment, Hun. But once again, it's not a matter of "getting along".

There are rules that essentially state "don't be a dick".

Mathias was being a dick.

He got banned.

His ban ended... and he acted like a bigger dick.

Dave told him "Stop being a dick or GTFO".

Mathias started acting like an even bigger dick.

He GTFOd.

ElJuski

Staff member

"Stop! Stop! He's already dead!"

I thought Chaz was a douchebag, but also a really good guy. I hope he just drops it and doesn't come back. My behavior-issue laden teenagers are at that psychological level. It's a shame that he just can't let shit go--this being the internet, very serious, and all--but I also see where he comes from plenty much of the time. And I personally would like to further throw in my complaint that our whole, "HOW CAN WE MAKE HALFORUMS BETTER AND NOT BE DEAD" has ended up just being a witch-hunt for what they consider the meanies, instead of making some good holistic change.

fade

Staff member
I still don't have much to say about this. I can see why he got banned, but I'm not going to say I'm happy about it. I really like Mathias. And, yes, I do think he was the spice in the soup. I think that's a much better analogy than phil's floor-shitting one, because no one likes someone to shit on the floor. But plenty of people like spicy food. A lot of people don't, and most people don't want the whole box in the soup at once.

fade

Staff member
Does anyone have his FaceBook info? I would like to keep in touch. If so, can you PM it to me?

I am sad to wake up to this.

I was angry yesterday but my anger is very fluid. I have an inability to stay mad ay anyone for a prolonged amount of time unless you do something particularly noteworthy.

I apologized for being an ass and I meant it. He apologized to me for being jerk and I felt he meant it. I sorta hoped the forgiving spirit would carry on from there.

Again, very sad to see this. I feel so guilty.

As a man who tends to push the envelope, this man considers the trade a bit like the Game of Thrones. Let this man explain.

When one plays "the game of forums", a man needs to properly choose their fights. This is essential for survival and acquiring allies to back themselves with when the time is needed. So, when this man gets asked to do something by someone in charge (milord!) , this one one needs to accommodate them or risk severe punishment in the form of "reports by anonymous posters", "a various level of ban" or "only seeing threads in the what's new feed from thread games sub-forum for the next week". This one may or may not agree with the decision but this one must abide or risk forum death.

A man likes to play the Game of Forums and this one has a ... inclination to put a poster in their rightful place when a poster crosses the virtual line, sometimes in a very.... flavorful manner. This one has noticed others doing this as well... but not as well as this man and while it is something that this one does finds enjoyable, a poster may not enjoy being treated in the way this one has treated them.

This man will expect hostilities for the next short time but if this one uses diplomacy and subterfuge along with the help of an ally or two, hostilities are mended and this one moves on to fight for another day.

If that one didn't play the Game of Forums well, this one fully expects the Red Mods to come and smite judgement upon that man.

A man has little sympathy for those who cannot play the Game of Forums.

2529f4d73bf19b82be3332e4c80102db.gif

Dave

Staff member
Okay, I'm back, awake and alive. And ready to explain a bit more of my side.

For those who think that the "IRC Crew" had anything to do with this...sorry to burst your bubble. They'd be the first to tell you I don't listen to them. Their level of frustration with me is more than you can possibly know.

Mathias was not banned because he didn't apologize good enough. He was not SAVED FROM A BAN because he did not apologize good enough. I was trying to give a way where he could stay and I could save face by letting him stay. I gave him an out and he chose not to take it.

So the question is, why was he in this in the first place? Well, there was a bit of a kerfuffle between he and Null. We took it to PMs and we got things calmed down. Then Mathias came is and re-escalated things. NR told him to stop and calm it down and instead Mathias kept at it. What NR did was totally correct. Mathias was acting like the little kid who after told not to do something does it anyway just to push the boundaries and cause a reaction. For those of you who are sticking up for Mathias: What should NR have done? Ignore it and validate the behavior? Nope. I'd have done the same thing.

So the week ends and he comes back. First thing he does is go back into the PM and call NR a douchebag. He was back for less than a minute and starting shit again. And then he started threads to push it even further. Again, what is the proper response? To allow anyone to do anything they want and flip the big middle finger to me and the mods? Nope. So I gave him the out to attempt to prevent his expulsion. He chose not to take it.

Even though I took my time and spoke with the mods about it, the decision was mine. Like many of you, I like him. I think he has a lot to give to a community. I also think he chooses not to give much more than his very worst and save his best for times like yesterday.

In summation: I gave him a chance and he didn't take it. I feel like crap but I did the right thing. I'd do it again.

Chaz is smart and funny. He really did add a lot to this forum. He's also a huge prick who's very quick to go for the troat, and comes off as incredibly hostile/aggressive when he feels attacked. I've posted more than once in the past saying he wa sbeing a dick. Usually "the other side" started it, but he's the one who caused it to escalate into nuclear war territory. Even if he does apologize afterwards (cfr with LittleSin just recently), he's still the one who caused the aggression levels to spike.
Back when I was here before I left, he'd had a period where he was far more aggressive/hostile than usual; later we learned (perhaps the forums knew and I learned later, who cares?) that he was going through some very serious issues with his wife e.a. I certianly understand needing a place to vent/work out your frustrations/unwind/..., so, ok, I can cut him some slack for that...But he seems incapable of extending the same to others. Heckling N_R when he knows full what he's going through? I'd have banned Chaz earlier on in that conversation than N_R did.

I hope Chaz'll be back; not immediately, and not the same as before. Because there was a lot to like, just as there was a lot to dislike. Same holds true for a lot of posters around. Shannow was fun but could be too much; Charlie is smart and interesting with a side order of snob and whine; I'm likeable with an extra helping of creepy (ok, so I'm a nice guy, I just wanted to preempt Sera from calling me a creep again :p); I like a lot of what Shego says and does, yet sometimes she takes it just one step t oo far for my personal tastes. Most of those don't really disrupt the forums though, which the drama around Chaz has done on more than one occasion.

We'll live, and who knows, maybe Mathias will be around in the future?

I know, man. I think I agreed with Chippy for the first time ever, a record which goes all the way back to a spirited debate we had regarding the definition of prostitution.
I'mma be honest, I don't remember half the discussions I get into on here. I remember taking a Mass Effect Femshep-hitting joke a bit too seriously, but that's about it.

I'mma be honest, I don't remember half the discussions I get into on here. I remember taking a Mass Effect Femshep-hitting joke a bit too seriously, but that's about it.
I'mma be honest too, it wasn't that big a deal. I just don't remember the two of us agreeing very often. True, we also don't publicly disagree much, but meh.

For the record, this whole ongoing "Carebear clique" vs "Douchebag squad" division is really getting stupid.

I can't think of a better way to refer to the two groups, but there seems to be a fundamental disconnect from the "always be aware of everyone's feelings" crowd and the "fuck you, I'll say whatever I want" crowd.

Such is life, I guess.

S

SeraRelm

Mathias was not banned because he didn't apologize good enough. He was not SAVED FROM A BAN because he did not apologize good enough. I was trying to give a way where he could stay and I could save face by letting him stay.
Dave, you're contradicting yourself here. The "out" you gave him was that he sincerely apologize, and apologize, he did, but not in a way which was heartfelt. It was an olive branch, sure, but someone has already mentioned that it's how you treat a five year old (and please don't turn that into a "that's how he was acting" BS comment). You know he and I would butt heads, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy his presence here.

Dave, you're contradicting yourself here. The "out" you gave him was that he sincerely apologize, and apologize, he did, but not in a way which was heartfelt. It was an olive branch, sure, but someone has already mentioned that it's how you treat a five year old (and please don't turn that into a "that's how he was acting" BS comment). You know he and I would butt heads, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy his presence here.
So, rather than treating him "like a 5 year old" and giving him an out, Mathias should have just been straight up banned is what you're saying.

That seems to be what you aren't grasping here. He was up for a permaban FIRST and Dave gave him a shot to avoid it.

S

SeraRelm

Hey Bowie, I'm gonna give you a dollar, but you have to crawl through a well used porta-potty placed next to an Indian restaurant that has had a busted bathroom for a week to get it.*

*(Some mild exaggerations may apply)

Hey Bowie, I'm gonna give you a dollar, but you have to crawl through a well used porta-potty placed next to an Indian restaurant that has had a busted bathroom for a week to get it.*

*(Some mild exaggerations may apply)
lol, and you called my shoplifting metaphor bad.

I still believe all that has happened is there is now a martyr, you just killed the man and put the idea in to stone for all time. some people are going to rally around this and its going to be war. I really hope not, but I think there will be more blood before this week is out.

S

SeraRelm

lol, and you called my shoplifting metaphor bad.
Well, I figured you might understand it better...

and to be honest, the reply in question was for Dave. He said one thing, then detracted from it in the next sentence. Chazias was told X would happen if Y was not done. Y was not done sufficiently, so X happened. Easy logistics here.

I still believe all that has happened is there is now a maytr, you just killed the man and put the idea in to stone for all time. some people are going to rally around this and its going to be war. I really hope not, but I think there will be more blood before this week is out.
bh.jpg

I still believe all that has happened is there is now a maytr, you just killed the man and put the idea in to stone for all time. some people are going to rally around this and its going to be war. I really hope not, but I think there will be more blood before this week is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.