[Gaming] Mass Effect 3 : It's here and thy ending is queeeeeeer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. but those are all cutscene music. The music every else is generally very forgettable. The only one I remember is Mars.

That made me pissed and I've not even played a minute of these games and I barely know anything about them.

Yeah, fuck that; I'm not even gonna bother with it.

Jay, I can't like that video you posted enough... and MAN does it hit the nail on the head as to why I'm so pissed off about this shit.

Just finished it. All in all, I was pretty satisfied with my ending (green road).

I may need more time to digest, however I do have a few problems. For the most part though I think all this rage is kinda misplaced.

Just finished it. All in all, I was pretty satisfied with my ending (green road).

I may need more time to digest, however I do have a few problems. For the most part though I think all this rage is kinda misplaced.
As someone who hasn't played a moment of the trilogy, I know my POV isn't much, but I can entirely understand from the Top 10 Reasons video by Angry Joe that there really should've been a "Fuck off" option for those playing Renegade Sheppard, even if that meant other, unrelated awful consequences for the galaxy.

As someone who hasn't played a moment of the trilogy, I know my POV isn't much, but I can entirely understand from the Top 10 Reasons video by Angry Joe that there really should've been a "Fuck off" option for those playing Renegade Sheppard, even if that meant other, unrelated awful consequences for the galaxy.

Damn, even Paragon Shepard wouldn't put up with that crap dude!

Guys. I really hope this isn't going to turn into ou guys shitting on my opinions. I finsihed it nearly five hours ago. At first I was upset but when I sdat down think about it and discuss it with my husband and friends I cmae to the conclusion that I was dissapponited with cut scene and the fact your choices kinda meant nothing.

It's so late, I shouldn't debate this right now. To many typos. :p

I don't want to be told to watch a video that will 'magically change my opinion' though. That's kinda asshatty.

Guys. I really hope this isn't going to turn into ou guys shitting on my opinions. I finsihed it nearly five hours ago. At first I was upset but when I sdat down think about it and discuss it with my husband and friends I cmae to the conclusion that I was dissapponited with cut scene and the fact your choices kinda meant nothing.

It's so late, I shouldn't debate this right now. To many typos. :p

I don't want to be told to watch a video that will 'magically change my opinion' though. That's kinda asshatty.
How invested in this game were you? Did you play both of it's predecessors? Did you have several save files all lined up so you could revel in playing all the fantastic choices that were going to be offered to you?

No one is asking you to change you opinion, we are attempting to help you understand why we are angry. You can like the ending, no one is stopping you, and in some cases I can understand someone liking it. However, some of us felt it rather insulting based on what was promised to us, and we just want you to understand why.

Also, it's not fair that you come at us and imply we are overreacting, then get defensive when we try to help you understand. I am sorry, but that is just as asshatty.

I didn't think I was being defensive. I just wished to over my own opinion and was immediately greeted with the equivalent to 'wrong wrong wrong wrong'.

Sorry if I was defensive.

I do get it. I wish there was more to the endings. I have been invested in this series. I had done multiple play through on the other two games. I was hoping to see your choices play in more to the ending. When that didn't happen, I was pissed off. However, I then sat back and wondered WHY I was pissed off. I think the middle road ending is the most hopeful of all the endings. It's the one that felt most complete to me (husband chose the right road, youtubed the other). It left me feeling good and I didn't have a huge problem until I realized that the other endings were nearly the same with no real variance. I also think a lot of people are upset that there is no 'absolute best choice'. The paragon system seems to spoil some folks. They think that they should be able to get the best solution no matter what. When faced with the grim reality of the Mass Effect relays destroyed, some species left stranded and your character dead...I think the people who believe everything was going to be alright didn't know what to do with that kind of ending, no matter what the choice. It just makes sense to me that the Relays and Citadel would have to go. It isn't so 'Bioware doesn't have to make a sequel'. It's because one of themes in Mass Effect is determinism. With the relays and citadel in place everyone is still following the path reapers layed out. The technology wasn't earned or learned. With them gone now the galaxy has to work together to rebuild, to reverse engineer the relays, etc.

It's kinda early. I hope that make my feeling a little more clear.

I might have more thoughts later. I'm still flipping back and forth on the issue.

Ugh, the spoiler compressed everything down to one paragraph and now that looks EXTRA ranty.

That's a little better, though I still think you should watch the video because it explains it pretty well. It's not that we didn't get a happy ending, that was never the entire problem. I could list out the problems from plot holes, to developer lies, to lack of closure, to out of character choices, etc...
Also, I don't think the synergy ending was any good, because it totally devalued the entire point of what I did up to that point, which was showing all the races that we can live together despite our biological and social differences that always put us at odds. By bringing in some synergy setup we now become homogenized, which, if you watch the video, was said earlier in the same game by Javik to be a bad thing, because that is how the Protheans treated life, and the lack of differences brought about their demise. It seems like the only reason it was made was so the writer could make a forced Adam and Eve comparison with EDI and Joker.

After Angry Joe's last video, there's nothing else I can bring to the table beyond the fact the launch start of the cinematic galaxy chart being incorrect (they can't even get that right).

People have the right to their opinions, just don't tell others openly that their opinion is misplaced when you're completely willing to accept mediocrity. I will, along with many other fans not accept mediocrity and lies from gaming developers. This time, they crossed the line. Especially when their game was priced higher than industry standard and they somehow managed to have a "Day 1 DLC".

Bullshit.

If the Day 1 DLC was really a DLC, maybe they could have used that time to provide us a proper ending sequence.

But nooooooo $10 plz.

Now they are regretting their actions and the game's company name has taken a huge hit, one I'm afraid will never be fixed.

Anyways, this is something that goes faaaaaar beyond the confines of this forum and if you don't believe me, check the large assortment of game articles regarding this (this even appeared on CNN), many if not all gaming communities, bioware forums, reddit..... the outcry that this shit ending has started. I think this may finally be a fan revolution of the state of the gaming industries where we have had finally enough of this bad business practice.

Unreasonable deadlines are responsible for the ME3 ending being bad and probably every other problem in the games industry.

BTW, 5 months after Skyrim came out, Bethesda is still giving out free updates, 1.5 is due to come out soon, now with kill cam options.

No one asked for this.

But we got this free.

Free.

YpLB9.png

I've been to kotaku and Penny Arcade and Blistered Thumbs. Hell, there was an article in the local paper about it.

I guess, maybe, I can't meet this level rage. I've always been pretty easy to please. The ending isn't what I wanted but it's what I got so I guess I'm just okay with it...IF that is what the creative team intended. If this was some executive decision to cut cost or something I'll probably have a bit more of a problem.

That said, perhaps I am in denial. I was vibrating in my seat waiting for launch day and everything up to the end was excellent...then it turned to "okay'.

Perhaps I warding off heart break that I didn't get to see what happened to my dear lover, Garrus.

I've been to kotaku and Penny Arcade and Blistered Thumbs. Hell, there was an article in the local paper about it.

I guess, maybe, I can't meet this level rage. I've always been pretty easy to please. The ending isn't what I wanted but it's what I got so I guess I'm just okay with it...IF that is what the creative team intended. If this was some executive decision to cut cost or something I'll probably have a bit more of a problem.

That said, perhaps I am in denial. I was vibrating in my seat waiting for launch day and everything up to the end was excellent...then it turned to "okay'.

Perhaps I warding off heart break that I didn't get to see what happened to my dear lover, Garrus.
He starved to death along with Tali on the surface of a planet who's food he couldn't eat.

He starved to death along with Tali on the surface of a planet who's food he couldn't eat.
Not like he loved her anyways, I mean the minute you get beamed in the face he leaves Earth and everyone else to die so him,Joker, and the rest of the squad can rocket off into the next system while the fleet is still fighting for their lives.

That's really where I take issue with it. Coming from an outsider's standing, seeing the Deus Ex thing, it really looks like some exec came down to development and said, "Hey guys, I just thought up the perfect ending for Mass Effect! Don't like it? Too bad, we own you."

I can spot this kind of "handed down from the top" BS more easily now since I read Neil Gaiman's "The Goldfish Pond & Other Stories". Even a CEO's secretary can get some influence on this shit some days.

Apparently if you shut the game off right as there's a conversation on the Citadel, you'll be happy. Maybe I'll play the trilogy after all.

Something about the backlash going on over the endings and DLC--EA is likely largely responsible for this shit and they're not going to suffer for it. Bioware will. And they won't have a say in doing anything about it. They're just another game-maker EA's going to run into the ground for a quick profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.