[Gaming] Mass Effect 3 : It's here and thy ending is queeeeeeer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be up for some more multi, it became my favorite part of the game pretty quick.

frankiehorrigan is my Origin name.

I haven't seen you guys online for a while... can't say I blame you (I pop on just to see if you bums are there). It's almost like... what's the point in fighting the battle if it all ends the way it did?

I haven't seen you guys online for a while... can't say I blame you (I pop on just to see if you bums are there). It's almost like... what's the point in fighting the battle if it all ends the way it did?
I actually like the multiplayer, my gaming time has just been tied up in everything else I have to play. And installing TF2 updates... damn you Dave.

I like the multiplayer too... but playing with random people totally sucks. I can't even get through a silver mission because idiots are always running off and dying (usually ends up being me trying to solo wave 8-9 because of idiots).

So I just found out that FemShep and Ashley was in the 90ies movie of Scooby Doo.... and they were.... AWESOME.

Don't blame me if these songs stay in your head for the next day or so....lol

Ya Ya, direct Link disabled. Worthy of an extra click anyways.

Still a better ending than Mass Effect 3.

The Hex Girls were basically the only thing good about the late 90's/2000's Scooby Doo movies. They were so good they even made it into the 2011 reboot series, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc. (which is FANTASTIC and supposed to be starting back up this Spring).

So I'm playing Mass Effect again and I'm on the moon doing the specialization quest where you do some shit there and I look up at Earth....Jesus Christ Bioware, really?

So, I traded in my PS3 copy and got the PC copy. Origin name is Darsiek.

I played a little on the PS3, and damn it, I just couldn't do it without my Shepard. Miranda still alive, man, fuck that bitch.

The PS3 version was apparently such a fucking mess, did you have any problems with it? I've heard of people having issues such as sub 10 FPS and sound just failing altogether and requiring a system restart.

Oh, yes, crashes, and abysmal framerates (which I mentioned earlier in the thread). It practically sent me screaming into the arms of Origin.

Incidentally, what a pain in the ass to get it to install from the disc, rather than wanting to download the game. I've only played the opening scene and the framerate is pristine on the PC version. But I also have a pretty hefty gaming rig.

I seem to recall the Codex saying that, due to Citadel regulations, ships aren't allowed to fire at enemy ships if there's a planet behind them. Specifically because they could end up hitting the planet and ruining someone's day.

But hey, it's Earth, so all the turians are probably firing away happily with reckless abandon, like cowboys shooting from the hip. Either that, or whoever wrote the ME3 ending didn't know about this particular piece of lore.

EDIT: Found it on the Mass Effect Wiki:
The Citadel Conventions prohibit the use of large kinetic impactors against habitable worlds. In a straight-on attack, any misses plough into the planet behind the defending fleet. If the defenders position themselves between the attackers and the planet, they can fire at will while the attacker risks hitting the planet.

figmentPez

Staff member
I can't tell if Spoony is simply trolling, or if he's also stupid as well.
2012_03_24 Spoony is Trolling.JPG

Interpretation has nothing to do with the ending not significantly changing based on player choices.

I can't tell if Spoony is simply trolling, or if he's also stupid as well.View attachment 5076

Interpretation has nothing to do with the ending not significantly changing based on player choices.
Pretty sure he's serious since he's written about 20+ tweets bitching about people's bitching. He even says "I completely agree with Angry Joe about the ending except that he saw it as worst and I saw it as best." So... you didn't agree with him in the slightest, but since he's your friend, you don't want to call him stupid, like you are calling all the other people who actually do agree with him.

figmentPez

Staff member
Pretty sure he's serious since he's written about 20+ tweets bitching about people's bitching. He even says "I completely agree with Angry Joe about the ending except that he saw it as worst and I saw it as best." So... you didn't agree with him in the slightest, but since he's your friend, you don't want to call him stupid, like you are calling all the other people who actually do agree with him.
The thing that gets me most about his rants are his complete unwillingness to explain why he thinks it's a good ending. All he says is "I'm so smart, I figured it out. If you were smart, then you'd figure it out as well." BULLSHIT. Real intelligence can teach others. If you can't teach others what you've learned, then you don't understand it yourself, or the "revlation" you had was just plain false. Simply put, if Spoony can't explain to others why this ending was good, then his intelligence has nothing to do with why he thinks that and he didn't actually realize anything about the game that others did not.

The thing that gets me most about his rants are his complete unwillingness to explain why he thinks it's a good ending. All he says is "I'm so smart, I figured it out. If you were smart, then you'd figure it out as well." BULLSHIT. Real intelligence can teach others. If you can't teach others what you've learned, then you don't understand it yourself, or the "revlation" you had was just plain false. Simply put, if Spoony can't explain to others why this ending was good, then his intelligence has nothing to do with why he thinks that and he didn't actually realize anything about the game that others did not.
Kind of how Spoony often is on Twitter. I've experienced the guy in real life, his videos, and Twitter. You'd swear you were meeting three different personalities.

I can't tell if Spoony is simply trolling, or if he's also stupid as well.View attachment 5076

And there's the number one defense ending defenders give: I'm smart enough to get it, I guess it went over most people's heads.

No, it didn't. It's bad.

Uh huh

And Final Fantasy 7 "art" clearly went over Noah Antwhiner's head.

#trololo #Craving4Attention

I seem to recall the Codex saying that, due to Citadel regulations, ships aren't allowed to fire at enemy ships if there's a planet behind them. Specifically because they could end up hitting the planet and ruining someone's day.

But hey, it's Earth, so all the turians are probably firing away happily with reckless abandon, like cowboys shooting from the hip. Either that, or whoever wrote the ME3 ending didn't know about this particular piece of lore.

EDIT: Found it on the Mass Effect Wiki:
The Citadel Conventions prohibit the use of large kinetic impactors against habitable worlds. In a straight-on attack, any misses plough into the planet behind the defending fleet. If the defenders position themselves between the attackers and the planet, they can fire at will while the attacker risks hitting the planet.
Well, when it's that or have the entire galaxy wiped out, I think the restrictions could be ignored for the time being.

From the article:

The current set of endings for the game has angered some fans, leading to a few to file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and the Better Business Bureau.
Isn't that going a little far?

On the other hand, you know, they don't have to get rid of their endings. They just need to add the ability to get other ones, or have your war assets matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.