[Gaming] Mass Effect 3 : It's here and thy ending is queeeeeeer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being right does not make the ending better.
I agree, I am just saying maybe the theories have more credit then I, personally, gave them. Either way even if it is right, the likelihood of a paid DLC "fixing" the ending just increased in my mind to a 90% chance, and that is bullshit.

I'm going to try and verify this "Harbinger hallucination" theory when I get home tonight. I have the software to open Mass effect 1 & 2 meshes so I imagine that it will probably work on the 3rd as well.

Of course, if it was a hallucination, how did the Mass Relays explode... they clearly couldn't have, since the Citadel arms never opened, so the Crucible never docked, so there was no colored beam... Unless the Reapers inside Shepard's mind said "Oh nos we can't indoctrinate one person, time to commit suicide!!!!"

And again, there is the whole point that even if Shepard survives the indoctrination attempt... the Reapers won. YAY BEST ENDING EVER (no)

Of course, if it was a hallucination, how did the Mass Relays explode... they clearly couldn't have, since the Citadel arms never opened, so the Crucible never docked, so there was no colored beam... Unless the Reapers inside Shepard's mind said "Oh nos we can't indoctrinate one person, time to commit suicide!!!!"

And again, there is the whole point that even if Shepard survives the indoctrination attempt... the Reapers won. YAY BEST ENDING EVER (no)
Yeah regardless of reason of what happened during the ending the point remains moot. 90% of people who finished the game are disappointed. I could see where the indoc option can be viable. Still doesn't give us a proper ending and closure.

So apparently, themtrolls at Bioware have hinted at DLC called "The Truth".

So yeah, real ending DLC.

I'm about done with any game that isn't indie at this point. Fuck off industry.

Interesting image that appeared online, not sure how valid it is.

Seems I might have to partly apologize to HowDroll, considering she seems to be the closest to correct about what might be happening here. I still think the writing and foreshadowing was badly handled, but looking at the information, the Indoctrination angle seems to be the path they are going to go with it. Going back and watching the opening again, no one other then Shepard ever acknowledges this kids existence, Shepard is the one that sees him out the window, Shepard is the one that notices him in the ducts and the kid vanishes when Anderson appears, and if you watch the kid get on the transport none of the soldiers seem to acknowledge him being there. He had to climb onto the transport himself. So more foreshadowing is there then I originally was giving credit at least. That, with the dreams, really is starting to point to the kid never existed at all, he was something created to manipulate Shepard's emotions. Then people looked up the kids model and noticed the name.

I sure hope if that is the case and another ending is incoming through DLC, that I don't have to pay for it, because that is bullshit.

I'm cautiously optimistic :) Bioware overall has a good track record (even Dragon Age 2 was a halfway decent game by normal standards, albeit a shitty one when compared to Baldur's Gate/KOTOR/Jade Empire/ME/DA:O), and in the past they've always tried to do right by their fans -- I've been following their various Twitter accounts closely, and a lot of the devs/community managers have been all but saying outright that something big is coming soon, but they want to give people time to finish the game (as it was just released globally yesterday.) Jessica Merizan, one of the community managers, has said several times stuff like:

User: @JessicaMerizan I think red is my fave. Why oh why do we have to sacrifice the Geth & EDI though :(

JM: @CmdrOwenShepard Well, depending on what you think of the Guardian, maybe it wasn't being truthful?

We'll see what happens. If I'm wrong, or if they want us (especially those of us who bought the game new -- $80 collector's edition for me) to pay for the real ending, I'll be as pissed as the rest of you. But I figure I'll be disappointed either way if I'm wrong, so what's the harm in having hope until Bioware makes an announcement?

Today's Penny Arcade already has me annoyed, even without a news post. Annoyed at people who think that other people are pissed at the ending because it's not happy.

The only question I have for Gabe and Tycho is this: How much money have they received from Bioware, through advertising or any other projects? If the answer is "any", they need to shut the fuck up.

Stop defending your paychecks, assholes.

I love the people that say by the very fact so many people are pissed and raging about the ending, it means it had to have been good.

Uh huh. It was so good that since you finished it you haven't logged on Origin since.

View attachment 4935
SWTOR is a terrible drug.

I'm not going to defend the ending (more than I have), I was ok with it, but knew immediately that some wouldn't like it, but I didn't expect this much outrage. I mean, wow.

Just sitting back and watching the rage makes the ending almost worth it.

Now, when we find out that the ending dlc will be 19.99, well, then you'll need to save me a seat for the rage train.

Telling ya, Quarian Infiltrator + Geth on Gold is full of win. Until you get 4 Primes coming at you at once of course.
My only problem is the few times you end up getting Reapers or Cerberus, then the real meat behind the skill is lost. It is funny though, because I hear getting a team of Quarian Infiltrators, setting the enemy manually to Geth on Gold, is pretty much god mode credit farming. The skill is just way to strong in that regard when you can also just stealth away.

figmentPez

Staff member
:rolleyes: Yeah, that sounds just like Tycho.
See, here's the thing, even people who don't intend to "defend their paycheck" often end up thinking higher of those who pay them than they otherwise would. It's human psychology that we feel more favorable to those who have given us money or gifts. This is why some hospitals have barred doctors from receiving any sort of gifts from pharmaceutical companies, even little things like pens or koozies, because it influences behavior. Tycho may very well be someone who is inclined to speak his mouth, even when it could hurt his wallet, but he's also subject to the same subtle influences as the rest of us, and taking money from Bioware has biased his opinion to some degree, like it or not.

The only question I have for Gabe and Tycho is this: How much money have they received from Bioware, through advertising or any other projects? If the answer is "any", they need to shut the fuck up.

Stop defending your paychecks, assholes.
Well, Gabe ripped into SWTOR a few weeks ago, so, not enough?

That picture should looks a little familiar. Apparently the ending was decided by watching a youtube video of a shitty metal band.

Status
Not open for further replies.