[Gaming] Mass Effect 3 : It's here and thy ending is queeeeeeer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HA HA HA NOPE! Some of it is. Most of it isn't.

• n PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer.
  • On Xbox 360, Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are not included with Mass Effect, however they are available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox LIVE. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included and Online Pass will be included for Mass Effect 3.
No details that I've seen on PS3, my guess is even less.

Oh, here we go:

The PlayStation 3 version of Mass Effect Trilogy will have the original Mass Effect with Bring Down the Sky integrated into the game, both on-disc and on the PSN download. Mass Effect 2 will still have the same DLC on-disc that it was originally shipped with: Cerberus Network; Kasumi; Overlord; and Lair of the Shadow Broker. Finally, Mass Effect 3 will also be exactly as it originally shipped.

So, the PS3 version is the best value by a hundred miles, the PC is quite a bit shittier and the 360 version is just shitting in the mouths of it's customers. It's like nearly 100 bucks to get the 360 version up to date with DLCs on top of the purchase price.

Welp... that cinces it. I'm just not going to finish the series then. I am not paying full price for DLC that is months, if not YEARS old at this point. It's not worth it.

Welp... that cinces it. I'm just not going to finish the series then. I am not paying full price for DLC that is months, if not YEARS old at this point. It's not worth it.
What pains me is that, up until the end of 3, this was an amazing series, albeit one owned by assholes.

So, uhh... Yarr?

PS3 does sound good. Now I want to know if we can load ME1 saves into the PS3 ME2. Because there's a good chance EA wouldn't think of that and you'd still just be putting in the seven choices from the intro comic for ME2.

HA HA HA NOPE! Some of it is. Most of it isn't.

• n PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer.
  • On Xbox 360, Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are not included with Mass Effect, however they are available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox LIVE. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included and Online Pass will be included for Mass Effect 3.
No details that I've seen on PS3, my guess is even less.

Oh, here we go:

The PlayStation 3 version of Mass Effect Trilogy will have the original Mass Effect with Bring Down the Sky integrated into the game, both on-disc and on the PSN download. Mass Effect 2 will still have the same DLC on-disc that it was originally shipped with: Cerberus Network; Kasumi; Overlord; and Lair of the Shadow Broker. Finally, Mass Effect 3 will also be exactly as it originally shipped.

So, the PS3 version is the best value by a hundred miles, the PC is quite a bit shittier and the 360 version is just shitting in the mouths of it's customers. It's like nearly 100 bucks to get the 360 version up to date with DLCs on top of the purchase price.
This is why I torrent shit.

PS3 does sound good. Now I want to know if we can load ME1 saves into the PS3 ME2. Because there's a good chance EA wouldn't think of that and you'd still just be putting in the seven choices from the intro comic for ME2.
That information is not readily available. You're probably correct.

Update:

PS3 Mass Effect 1 character save CANNOT be imported to ME2. It's the exact same ME2 as was already released; same disc in a different package.

Oh yeah, you're giving us the same game from seven years ago. Thanks a fucking lot, EA. Go fuck yourselves.

I find it significant that the Omega DLC was released three weeks ago and not a single person here found it significant enough to comment on.

Sad, EAware. Just sad.

Yep, they've bred some pretty impressive resentment, hatred and indifference haven't they? I suspect many Mass Effect fans will agree that there really is no point in playing any DLC if the ending isn't altered in some significant way. Seriously... who cares if I save save Omega? It doesn't change anything in the end (and war assets don't mean jack shit).

Just you wait. They will release probably another six DLCs, then the final one will be like "Oh and here is the real ending choices and variance once you get all the war assets from the DLCs! Pay us bitches!"

Repost from EA thread:

Real talk, Mass Effect 3 DLC Citadel may very well be the absolute best piece of anything Mass Effect related. You get a mission that's got more real fun meat to it than anything but possibly Shadow Broker and then you get a hecka fun combat arena simulator full of endorsements, crazy fans and competition as well as an arcade and some real fun moments with your crew (Zaeed losing his shit playing a claw machine, RIP Robin Sachs). The best part of the mission has your entire crew (plus Wrex) all fighting at the same time, everyone trying to one up everyone else.

If Mass Effect 3 was more of this and less of everything that wasn't Rannoch or Tuchanka, it could have been one of the most memorable ends to a series ever. The villain is like the anti-Kai Leng. They're actually hateable for good reason and not for being complete shit.

TLDR: Citadel is better than all Mass Effect DLC combined (save for Shadow Broker or Overlord...but it's better than either of those on it's own).

I really enjoyed Citadel as well. I think the best headcanon order is

Game > Happy Ending Mod + EC > Reload a pre-Cerberus base save > Citadel

Playing Citadel on a character that I'd already beaten the game with felt pretty awesome. It definitely feels like a nice wrap-up to the series, complete with a really fun bossfight.

I'm still working on my new playthrough on Mass Effect so I can try out that new ending mod :).

Curse my inability to leave all the side quests alone. They make the game a LOT longer.

Apparently if you have the Mass Effect Trilogy version for PS3, you can now download a patch that allows character transfer from ME1 to ME2, but not if you have the downloaded version of ME1 + the discs.

What else do I expect?

Be quiet you.

Let this series die.
I feel you.

But I have a hunch my wife is going to see this as a reason to get the trilogy. It's her money to blow, but on principle, I don't want it back in my house. Having her ME1 actions transfer over to ME2 was her big disappointment before. Even though it confers minimal differences and STUPID ME3.

Maybe I just won't say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.