[Gaming] Mass Effect 3 : It's here and thy ending is queeeeeeer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and no fucking way was the Prothean squad member a fucking afterthought. Ripped game content sold as DLC.
Added at: 08:19
I kind of cheat it. I go into a system, save, scan like crazy until I discover all the relic and fuel locations, which obviously calls the Reapers. Then I just reload the save, go to the spots, scan, grab till 100%, then leave. Sometimes the Reapers still come for me, but by that time I don't really care about the system anymore since there are no more minerals to gather, thus making most of the extra planets rather worthless after I get 100% on the relics. I have already exhausted the few systems that are open to me and gathered a lot of war assets.
So, in order for it to be less shitty, you have to do the old save, reload nonsense. Good game design.

It's funny because I actually LIKED the mining system in ME2. I loved going around finding planets and just sucking them dry of resources, even long after I have purchased everything that could be purchased with them. It actually was a relaxing break from the general action for me. The new system attempts to add some "danger" to the game, but the fact is such danger is silly when you have such an easy save/load system and every relic/asset is pre-determined. Maybe if it was randomly generated the system would work out better, but it's not.

I agree on the Prothean, I actually assumed I was doing just another part of the main game until I checked online this morning and found out he was the "From Ashes" bonus. It seems like a pretty big plot point to just kind of leave out unless you shell out the money. The DLC also gives you a decent amount of War Assets if you search all the terminals, so it does not really feel as optional as they said it would be.

So..I'd like to buy this and play this now. Now.

But I played 1 & 2 on the Xbox. Now I want to play on the PC. I can't find equaivalent saves on Mass Effect Saves

(Full Renegade choices/Cereberus chick), (Full Paragon choices/Ashley (yes, I didn't cheat).

WHAT DO I DO STANLEY.

I really...really...don't want to have have to play through twice...again...making that 4 times in total just to play 3. I don't have the time or the drive.

I'm going to check this out when I get home. Thanks drifter!

Although I...never did ANY DLC on Mass Effect 2. Would the DLC alone be worth two solid playthroughs of ME 2 again?

I agree on the Prothean, I actually assumed I was doing just another part of the main game until I checked online this morning and found out he was the "From Ashes" bonus.
Same thing. Though, he had no comments during some missions at all, unlike for example Zheed and Kasumi in ME2.

Same thing. Though, he had no comments during some missions at all, unlike for example Zheed and Kasumi in ME2.
Really? So far he seems more talkative then EDI. Took him on two missions, one to find the Rachni and the other to save the Turien leaders son, and in both he had a decent amount to say and even exchanged a few lines with Garrus about similarities between Turien's militaristic society and that of the old Prothean Empire. He even has a pretty funny little scene where Grunt looks at him wondering what the hell he was. This is actually more then I remember Zaeed giving me, as he often said nothing when I took him as a partner on character gain / loyalty missions in ME2, other then his own. Then again, I did rarely take Zaeed with me.

Mostly, I find taking a companion on a quest to work best if you follow the basic ideas of what events are involved. Take EDI with you for Cerberus missions, Javik for Reaper missions, Liara for missions that involve ME1 people like Wrex, etc... Seems to get some of the best dialogue.

One more little spoiler, both from a story standpoint and gameplay standpoint. Involves story spoiler about Grunt.

So as you do missions you often come across old squadmates.

During one mission I met with Grunt, who is leading a specialized Krogan strike force in search of the Rachni, who seem to be reappearing as a hostile enemy, but we later find out the queen was imprisoned by the Reapers so that her offspring could be indoctrined (if you kill the queen in the first game, this ends up being a reaper bred clone). At the end, if the queen is the one you saved in ME1, you get a choice of saving her again and having her join your war effort, or leaving her to die. If you leave her to die, Grunt and his strike force are able to escape at full strength. If you decide to save her, Grunts men have to stay behind and perish while holding the line, and then Grunt himself takes part in a one man defense to help Shepard escape. This leads into an amazing death scene where Grunt goes nuts on the indoctrined Rachni killing dozens before being overwhelmed and tackling one off a cliff to his death.

However, if you made Grunt loyal in ME2, even if you choose the option to save the Rachni Queen, after his death scene he wanders up covered in Rachni blood and only injured, allowing him to remain a war asset. So basically, I hope you all made your squadmates loyal in ME2, because now it seems to even mark who can live and die under certain situations in ME3.

If I'm around and not drawing SO aggro, I'll be up for it. I tried a game this morning and the fucking morons made me want to rage.

JAMES?!
Added at: 10:30
Really? So far he seems more talkative then EDI. Took him on two missions, one to find the Rachni and the other to save the Turien leaders son, and in both he had a decent amount to say and even exchanged a few lines with Garrus about similarities between Turien's militaristic society and that of the old Prothean Empire. He even has a pretty funny little scene where Grunt looks at him wondering what the hell he was. This is actually more then I remember Zaeed giving me, as he often said nothing when I took him as a partner on character gain / loyalty missions in ME2, other then his own. Then again, I did rarely take Zaeed with me.

Mostly, I find taking a companion on a quest to work best if you follow the basic ideas of what events are involved. Take EDI with you for Cerberus missions, Javik for Reaper missions, Liara for missions that involve ME1 people like Wrex, etc... Seems to get some of the best dialogue.

One more little spoiler, both from a story standpoint and gameplay standpoint. Involves story spoiler about Grunt.

So as you do missions you often come across old squadmates.

During one mission I met with Grunt, who is leading a specialized Krogan strike force in search of the Rachni, who seem to be reappearing as a hostile enemy, but we later find out the queen was imprisoned by the Reapers so that her offspring could be indoctrined (if you kill the queen in the first game, this ends up being a reaper bred clone). At the end, if the queen is the one you saved in ME1, you get a choice of saving her again and having her join your war effort, or leaving her to die. If you leave her to die, Grunt and his strike force are able to escape at full strength. If you decide to save her, Grunts men have to stay behind and perish while holding the line, and then Grunt himself takes part in a one man defense to help Shepard escape. This leads into an amazing death scene where Grunt goes nuts on the indoctrined Rachni killing dozens before being overwhelmed and tackling one off a cliff to his death.

However, if you made Grunt loyal in ME2, even if you choose the option to save the Rachni Queen, after his death scene he wanders up covered in Rachni blood and only injured, allowing him to remain a war asset. So basically, I hope you all made your squadmates loyal in ME2, because now it seems to even mark who can live and die under certain situations in ME3.
Forget Grunt man, the Mordin storyline is winner and a half.

Forget Grunt man, the Mordin storyline is winner and a half.

Was just using it as an example of how ME2 can affect ME3 in more ways then probably expected. So far I think Mordin and Grunt have had the best "side stories", with the most disappointing being Kasumi.

Some story shit is starting to bug me.

Udina's betrayal meant fucking nothing. There was no build up, no reasoning, just he's a dick so he's a bad guy.

Reapers making darkspawn out of the races. I get it, you need bad guys, but just basically making them darkspawn is kind of lame and lazy but considering the non-character based side quests in this game are just that stupid grab a specific item, someone on the citadel gives you money for it exactly like DA2, I shouldn't be surprised. I wish they would have been more creative. Like, have husks of each race but then have like each larger class of husk-monster thing. Maybe weird things made out of multiple corpses. It just seems super lame to me that humans become random rush zombies, batarians become fat grenade monsters, Asari all become screaming pregnancy teleporters, turians all have shields and krogan are all huge super beasts with dangly skulls. Even the husk-monsters in ME2 had a more creative variety.

Man, if you thought Kasumi's story was lame, wait till you do Zaeed's. LITERAL TRANSLATION OF ZAEED'S STORY:

Zaeed:Hi I'm Zaeed.

Shepard:Hey Zaeed, it's Shepard!

Zaeed:Hey Shepard, wanna hang out?

Shepard:Ok, wanna join my crew?

Zaeed:Nah but I will give you 25 points towards your war score.

Oh and lastly, what's up with the tiny squad? I'm up to 6 now including the DLCDLCDLCDLCDLCHARACTERRRR. The fucking Normandy is empty.

So, there must have been some DLC I didn't play. Who is the tatooed steroid dude with Shepard at the beginning of the game? Also, is that first reporter you meet modeled on freaking Snooki?

For the record, there are some serious framerate issues with portions of the PS3 version. So far it hasn't been during combat, but some of the cutscenes look ugly as hell.

He's new to Mass Effect 3 and she's voiced and based on Jessica Chobot who's only famous because she licked a PSP, seriously.

I didn't even let her on my Normandy, I don't give a fuck what that cost me.

She adds 5 war assets (lol) and basically is there for reputation points. You can sometimes go in there and she will be "interviewing" someone often leading to a argument, which you either support her or the crewman, thus leading to the reputation boost and maybe paragon/renegade points (have yet to get any but no other reason I see them having a choice like that).

Some story shit is starting to bug me.

Udina's betrayal meant fucking nothing. There was no build up, no reasoning, just he's a dick so he's a bad guy.

Reapers making darkspawn out of the races. I get it, you need bad guys, but just basically making them darkspawn is kind of lame and lazy but considering the non-character based side quests in this game are just that stupid grab a specific item, someone on the citadel gives you money for it exactly like DA2, I shouldn't be surprised. I wish they would have been more creative. Like, have husks of each race but then have like each larger class of husk-monster thing. Maybe weird things made out of multiple corpses. It just seems super lame to me that humans become random rush zombies, batarians become fat grenade monsters, Asari all become screaming pregnancy teleporters, turians all have shields and krogan are all huge super beasts with dangly skulls. Even the husk-monsters in ME2 had a more creative variety.

Man, if you thought Kasumi's story was lame, wait till you do Zaeed's. LITERAL TRANSLATION OF ZAEED'S STORY:

Zaeed:Hi I'm Zaeed.

Shepard:Hey Zaeed, it's Shepard!

Zaeed:Hey Shepard, wanna hang out?

Shepard:Ok, wanna join my crew?

Zaeed:Nah but I will give you 25 points towards your war score.

Oh and lastly, what's up with the tiny squad? I'm up to 6 now including the DLCDLCDLCDLCDLCHARACTERRRR. The fucking Normandy is empty.
I agree 100% with the Udina thing, it was BS. Also the quest log is a piece of shit.

Also, which reporter? The one I felt obligated to punch to keep the tradition going?

Ok, I was walking around the normandy and discovered this memorial.

(spoilered, just in case)

I'm sad now. :(

(Note: I've played through all the games on the same save-file with no reloads)

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok, I was walking around the normandy and discovered this memorial.

(spoilered, just in case)

I'm sad now. :(

(Note: I've played through all the games on the same save-file with no reloads)
Dude, it's freakin' hazardous to be on YOUR crew. Sheesh.

Mine is longer, because I didn't save my Cerberus crew, only Chakwas. Though I saved all my legit squadmates.

So, I went a few rounds after you guys left tonight. Got me a vindicator battle rifle and unlocked Krogan Sentinel.

I feel like Poe's Angels* learned a lot tonight.

First off, we're a cerberus killing machine.

Second, geth murder-rape us in the face, with flamethrowers.

*oh yeah, I'm calling our group Poe's Angels now

Frankie had the best score, maybe we should be called Frankie's Scorpions? He already has the jacket.

Ran into two very annoying bugs in single player last night. Not sure how to fix them, and I don't really want to have to redo a whole mission just to see if it corrects. The first bug is a Citadel quest where you have to take photos of the refugee housing at the docks. The last photo point won't appear for me, making it impossible to finish the quest. That bug is annoying, but the second bug is worst. Returning to the Normandy after a pretty intense mission, my Galactic Readiness rating, while still having a high score, is listing as 0%, with the whole bar now empty. It was never implied during the mission that it would destroy my GR, so it's not a story point or anything, it just got fragged.

I hope that doing another mission outside the Citadel will "reboot" everything and make these bugs go away, otherwise I might have to wait for a patch.

P.S. Just found out another bug. I guess Kelly Chambers was supposed to appear on the Citadel once you go there, but she never appeared for me. She is not listed as dead on the Normandy, so it's not like it thought she died. Guess I will just have to make up some excuse in my brain, though I hate the fact I will lose out on the War Assets she likely provided.

Sorry I couldn't join you guys in multiplayer last night. I just got the game going and had to play a little single player first and before I realized it it was past 12:00 and I had to go to sleep (stupid work in the morning).

How is the multiplayer on new maps and with new enemies?

Status
Not open for further replies.