[Gaming] Mass Effect 3 : It's here and thy ending is queeeeeeer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, Cerabrus are easy, but that is likely because we have so much experiance with them by this point. We know all the tactics to take them out.

Geth are not so bad on Bronze, but are extremely difficult on Silver. The Geth basic soldiers are no problem, but pretty quickly they get Rocket Troops which can 1-shot your shields if you are not careful, and Pyros, which will destroy you if you get close. Later on you also get hit with Geth Primes, which throw turrets all over the place, move quickly, and have a lot of health and armor. Geth in general also have a lot of shields/barriers, making it pretty hard to use some powers versus them without breaking the shield, makes me miss my Turian Sentinel and his Overload ability.

We only got Reapers during a Silver attempt, and on the first match we got stuck with Marauders, which are a pain in the rear, but thankfully Cannibals and Husks are easy. Almost none of them have shields too, so you can go nuts with powers versus them. We ended up being overwhelmed though before we even got to the Ravagers, which I bet will make them a real pain in the ass.

BTW you might want to do a few matches in multiplayer before you finish the single player. I was reading online, and while you CAN get the best ending through only Single Player, you pretty much have to get every War Asset in the game from what people are saying. The multiplayer readiness percentage multiplies war readiness in the single player, allowing you to get the best ending while missing a few assets. If you stay at the 50% people are saying you are likely to get a "bleak" ending. Just a heads up to those other people like me that must get the best ending possible.

Sounds good... well I can't wait to play a few games with you guys. The few I did in the demo were a blast.

I love how you pretty much have to play multiplayer to get a good ending unless your obsessive compulsive to the point of finding every single bloody war asset possible. Oh well... my soldier will be joining you guys sometime soon... grenade spam here I come!

Ok, I was walking around the normandy and discovered this memorial.

(spoilered, just in case)

I'm sad now. :(

(Note: I've played through all the games on the same save-file with no reloads)
Good god, remind me not to lead any of my MP missions....

TALI? REAAAALY... YOU MONSTER!

More information on Kelly. Found out why she will not appear. She only shows up again in the game if you romanced her by having dinner. If you never romanced her to the point she feeds your fish, she will not appear in the game for you. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Also for the MP, they are only hard because

A) We were around LVL 8-11.
B) We have the shittiest default guns.
C) Playing without the most ideal of classes... for example... Human Adept is not my top choice.. especially with defaulty SHIT GUN v1.

Soon... tonight we play a few more games.

More information on Kelly. Found out why she will not appear. She only shows up again in the game if you romanced her by having dinner. If you never romanced her to the point she feeds your fish, she will not appear in the game for you. Pretty stupid if you ask me.
She looks nice in ME3.... and unlike the other wenches I romanced in the past, she flirts right off the bat.

She wants my Shepjuice.

You up for some games tonight Jay? I'll be a craptastic level 1 moron... but at least I generally know what I'm doing (aka don't run off by myself and die like an idiot). :)

10:30 PM Eastern is our start time. So that Frankie can attend being a dirty western canadian and all, eh.

Okay, two hours time difference for me too (since I'm a dirty western Canadian as well). I will hopefully be on around 11:00 eastern then. How late do you typically play? I don't want to have to rely on random idiots for my precious multiplayer progress :)

P.S. Just found out another bug. I guess Kelly Chambers was supposed to appear on the Citadel once you go there, but she never appeared for me. She is not listed as dead on the Normandy, so it's not like it thought she died. Guess I will just have to make up some excuse in my brain, though I hate the fact I will lose out on the War Assets she likely provided.
On Kelly

She was tucked away in the Batarian section of the docks for me.

Also, I poop socked the SHIT out of ME3.

I got a very bittersweet ending. Apparently you can get a better one with a higher readiness rating. Not enough multiplayer I guess. I honestly liked my ending.

Good god, remind me not to lead any of my MP missions....

TALI? REAAAALY... YOU MONSTER!
Well to be fair, a lot of people end up on that memorial due to actions in ME3 and not just ME2. I have decided I hate all Quarians that aren't Tali however. Even the nice ones blindly follow orders of idiots.

Also, I poop socked the SHIT out of ME3.

I got a very bittersweet ending. Apparently you can get a better one with a higher readiness rating. Not enough multiplayer I guess. I honestly liked my ending.
I was under the impression you could get enough readiness rating from Single Player. So what that really means is NOT ENOUGH SIDE QUESTS! (or something)

I had a 4980 readiness, APPARENTLY, you need 5000 for the "happy" ending. I like where mine left things.

Well to be fair, a lot of people end up on that memorial due to actions in ME3 and not just ME2. I have decided I hate all Quarians that aren't Tali however. Even the nice ones blindly follow orders of idiots.

I was under the impression you could get enough readiness rating from Single Player. So what that really means is NOT ENOUGH SIDE QUESTS! (or something)
I did all the sidequests, and I was paragonning it, so with the exception of a couple of choices, I made out like a bandit with allies.

Yeah, I really, really poop socked it. Like, embarrassingly so. I'm not allowed to play it now for a while.

Taking my sweet ass time, talking to everyone between missions, reading all the codexes.... everything.

I plan to get the "best" ending for my Shepard, and then like ME2 I plan to watch the other endings on youtube once they start posting. I am curious about what happens, but my Shepard never stops until the best outcome is reached.

Also are you sure it's only 5000? I am pretty much at 5000 now and I have not even gotten to the Quarians.

I don't know if it's right, but I saw a list of the readiness ratings you need for all the endings but I'm not sure how correct it was since I got a worse ending than my score should have achieved.

I honestly couldn't stand most of the orchestral tracks, just big cheesy epic music. I liked the music when it was mimicing Jack Wall's weird synth style and the slow piano was pretty good too.

I guess I'm just underwhelmed by a lot of the music since I know Clint Mansell is capable of much, much more. The man has produced some of the absolute best scores ever.

I got to 50% as soon as
The Turians took back Palaven. Haven't gotten anymore outside of a couple of multiplayer games last night.

Also, I'm not surprised Frankie already beat it, my brother in law took 3 days off of work to play it, and beat it in about 24 hours of playtime.

Supoosed to play this ganme, sipping from it like fine wine.

I was extremely apprehensive, Bioware did well and they are in my good books again after that DA2 debacle.

Still though, 160 Bioware points to unlock MP packs... FFS, just play the game and unlock it. Who the fuck pays for that shit anyways?

Still though, 160 Bioware points to unlock MP packs... FFS, just play the game and unlock it. Who the fuck pays for that shit anyways?
Same people that pay money in MMO cash shops for things like alternate skins. Some people just have money to burn for some reason.

Ya because they couldn't unlock it otherwise. I mean, Capcom makes millions off that... but if I played say... Ken 50 times and I will eventually unlock a metallic red outfit for him, I'd fucken play 50 times.

The point was, why bother to play if you won't bother to unlock relatively easy shit to unlock?

Anyways... 10:30 PM guys? Be on, be ready.Also, folks try to level with us, don't bring your lame LVL 20 I've unlocked everything already guy because you can't pace yourself.

Ya because they couldn't unlock it otherwise. I mean, Capcom makes millions off that... but if I played say... Ken 50 times and I will eventually unlock a metallic red outfit for him, I'd fucken play 50 times.

The point was, why bother to play if you won't bother to unlock relatively easy shit to unlock?

Anyways... 10:30 PM guys? Be on, be ready.Also, folks try to level with us, don't bring your lame LVL 20 I've unlocked everything already guy because you can't pace yourself.
Lvl 1 infiltrator standing by.

Do I need the DLC to get the "good" ending? The only thing keeping me from buying ME3 is the 90€ (120$!!!) pricetag on the collectors edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.