[Gaming] Mass Effect 3 : It's here and thy ending is queeeeeeer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DLC does add some War Assets you can collect for the readiness rating, but if you MP with us you can get the best ending since the % boost multiplies by the single player rating. If you get to 100% readiness you are doubling whatever points you get in single player once the final mission comes down.

Here is an explanation on how it works.

So the way it works is that there are two systems, one is Readiness which is a percentage and the other is your Galaxy at War score. Both combined give you a number that calculates along with your choices what ending you get. You need a score of 3750 to get the Master and Commander achievement and a minimum score of 4000 to get the best ending. Now your Readiness percentage starts at 50% which is not affected by playing the single-player. 50% seems to be the absolute base in that it can't go below that and multiplayer makes end game much easier. Readiness can only be affected by playing the multiplayer. So to get the perfect ending, you have to get a GAW score in single-player of 8000 and have certain correct choices. In order to negate these choices you have to get a end game GAW score of 10,000 (or 5,000 once you calculate in Readiness). The bad news is that there is a decay system attached to Readiness which is linked to real-life time. However note that Readiness cannot go below 50% and is so the decay will only affect the bonus from multiplayer. Something like 1% a day.

What this means in regards to the endings is that to get the perfect ending, you have to play through the singleplayer game and do EVERY sidemission to get the perfect ending. Now you can do multiplayer so you have to do less sidemissions but that bonus will decay in real-time. You can take your time but you'll have to play the multiplayer or the iOS game to maintain or increase your readiness bonus percentage.

Fuck.

Just did the Tuchanka mission.... I actually cried in RL when Mordin died.... well played Bioware.

About Quarians:

I lost track of which quest I was on, so blew up the Reaper Base before I finished everything else. Ended up watching the Geth blow up the Quarians because they refused to retreat and Tali committed suicide with no way for me to stop her. :( :( :( I'm just going to keep that, even though it sucks.

hackett1.jpg

i think i'm going to have to stop reading this thread to avoid spoilers. even with the spoiler tags, i'm damn good at iferrence.

We did more multi tonight. Anyone that's not getting in on these games should, because they're awesome.

No more getting raped by geth. Now that we've got decent weapons, they fear us. And my salarian engineer is a geth killing machine.

Man, so, I'm gonna bring up a couple of things, mainly the complete over-sexualization of all the female characters. For example, stick EDI in her Miranda-style outfit and she has a cameltoe the size of the grand canyon that the game DELIGHTS in highlighting in cutscenes. It honestly started to bug me.

Secondly, the M-99 Saber rifle...holee shit. Once you get that thing it's over for everyone. That thing is a fucking destroyer of faces. I hope it's unlockable in multiplayer. It's basically a slower firing Mattock rifle that hits as hard as a sniper rifle.

Ending spoiler shit, so don't unless you have.

Apparently the only way to have Shepard survive the ending is to have the 5000 readiness and choose the renegade path that kills the reapers, geth and EDI. That's a bummer and a half. I'm glad my Shep heralded a new age of synthesis of organic and synthetic.

13 minutes and 46 seconds... we just cruised through that one on autopilot (and they were Geth too if I recall correctly).

Now If could just unlock a decent assault rifle (I'm having deja vu from the demo).

I've been playing a Vanguard in multi, yet keep getting sniper rifle upgrades. The game is trying to tell me something, but I refuse to listen.

The DLC does add some War Assets you can collect for the readiness rating, but if you MP with us you can get the best ending since the % boost multiplies by the single player rating. If you get to 100% readiness you are doubling whatever points you get in single player once the final mission comes down.

Here is an explanation on how it works.
Well I can get the 4k for best ending, but I won't even be close to the perfect ending this play through.

Well I can get the 4k for best ending, but I won't even be close to the perfect ending this play through.
I am a little worried about my perfect ending because two side missions bugged out on me. The first one I already mentioned, where I can't finish the one to take photos at the docks. The second bug is an NPC I am supposed to take in a relic will not spawn in the spot the map says he is supposed to be. Yes, these are small bonuses, so I am sure in the long run it won't matter since my multiplayer rating is already in the 90% area, but still...

What I find funny is I am already maxed in reputation and paragon, and I have not even visited the Quarians. I can pretty much end any conversation I want now with the best outcomes.

I would also like to say that I am VERY happy with how staying loyal to Kaiden worked out. Almost makes up for the absolutely shitty romance options for FemShep in ME2.

I decided to spoil myself on the endings because someone told me you can never get a "true" happy one, so not to even try. I told him there must be a happy ending, looked into the endings, and now all I can say is I don't really want to play anymore.

I wonder if they will pull a Fallout 3, because I might just stick to multiplayer until they do.

I decided to spoil myself on the endings because someone told me you can never get a "true" happy one, so not to even try. I told him there must be a happy ending, looked into the endings, and now all I can say is I don't really want to play anymore.

I wonder if they will pull a Fallout 3, because I might just stick to multiplayer until they do.
I honestly liked the green ending, though weird as hell, it was kind of a nice new genesis after the reaper fueled revelations. Also, it's the ending that EDI and Joker get all snuggly after the crash of Normandy, now both new forms of techno-organic life.

I was whining about the music, but I looked it up and there's several people listed other than Clint Mansell. I'm guessing the slow haunting tracks are his since they're all very obviously his style(and the best new tracks in the game by far). The loud cheesy orchestral stuff didn't really fit his M.O. at all and seeing that there are 4 other people scoring it, probably not his.

Scythe might want to put a spoiler tag on that...

It does not really spoil the ending. I didn't tell anyone what happens, only being up front that if they are like me, and they go for the "best possible everything is roses and sunshine" outcome, that you will not get it. You can still get a "good" ending, just not as "good" as I would like it to be.

Damn it Scythe... you had me all panicky there for a bit... don't do that!
My bad. Got carried away with my own general disappointment. I am a guy that hates it when I can't get the best possible outcome for my character, unless I am not even given the choices, and while there are methods that lead to a "good" outcome I just wanted something more then what I read.

Origin says your name doesn't exist.

So, I've been reading a lot of shit talking about the ending.

people claiming that it's worse than Dragon Age 2 and other such shit. Never giving many reasons. I was ok with the ending. I'm not sure what people fucking expected. Everything to wrap up with a happy bow? Did the game at any point feel as though it was going to end happily? It's not really an unhappy ending anyway. They went with the whole noble sacrifice. How else would space Jesus end the series. I think people are pissy because the ending pretty much closes the book on the Mass Effect universe as it is. There's no real way to go forward from there without jumping faaaaaar into the future.

Oh and guys, no spoilers here, but if you have Javik, TAKE HIM WITH YOU TO THESSIA. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.