Kags' Cosplay Thread

Hmmm, none really come to mind. I'll think about it, though.

The only thing that would really stop me from cosplaying a character that I like is the amount of skin they show. It's just not my style to show a lot of skin, and it's not something I ever want to do.

I can't tell if you're joking with that winky smiley...but I'm taking it in the way of a compliment anyway. :)
How to put this nicely...

You are a very attractive girl. And you dress in a fashion that you are comfortable with; and it shows. You aren't extravagant, you aren't flaunting, you are natural.

Some of the cosplay I've seen is....*does hand wheeling thing* not, uh, comfortable.

That's not to say people shouldn't be good with the skin they've got. If you're good to go with wearing a little bit of nothing over a lot of everything, you go person, you go. Just go...elsewhere.

How to put this nicely...

You are a very attractive girl. And you dress in a fashion that you are comfortable with; and it shows. You aren't extravagant, you aren't flaunting, you are natural.

Some of the cosplay I've seen is....*does hand wheeling thing* not, uh, comfortable.

That's not to say people shouldn't be good with the skin they've got. If you're good to go with wearing a little bit of nothing over a lot of everything, you go person, you go. Just go...elsewhere.
See, what he's saying is, there are some cosplayers that have so much skin that they can afford to be very, very generous about it, and spread it around carelessly, whereas Adam would instead prefer they wisely manage it to ensure their future success.

--Patrick

See, what he's saying is, there are some cosplayers that have so much skin that they can afford to be very, very generous about it, and spread it around carelessly, whereas Adam would instead prefer they wisely manage it to ensure their future success.

--Patrick
FINE. I'm putting my clothes back on, you can stop hinting.

I feel like I've reached a new...realm to cosplay. I just made plans to have a seran wrapping party with a friend because we both need to make patterns for bodysuits. We're pretty much going to seran wrap each other from head to toe, draw the pattern lines on, then cut it off and WAHLAH, you have your pattern.

You know what, I think I'm going to document this whole Bayonetta process so you guys can maybe get a little taste of what it's like for cosplayers.

Cosplay image for the day:

http://www.elliria.deviantart.com

Long sleeved T-shirts and duct tape will get you the same results, plus be more durable (though less flexible).

--Patrick

I honestly need the flexibilty. I know all about duct tape forms. In my experience though, those are generaly more used to make faux dress forms, not for making the pattern itself. I'm mocking up a pattern from scratch for Bayo.

I think we'll be fine, I mean we're using a lot of seran wrap, not a single sheet - so durability shouldn't be an issue. (Pattern paper is total crap anyway - I'm used to working with not so durable stuff.)

But thank you. :)

We are going to need progress photos of the saran wrap bodysuit madness in the future. other than that I am intently waiting for the on sale costume photoshoot photos.

Trust me, you're going to get saran wrap photos! In my head it's going to be so funny I can't not share them with you guys.

I have some sad news about the sale photoshoot....it didn't happen. We got a really bad storm that day so I couldn't drive down to meet my friend (the roads were awful). And...those outfits are kind of...cold. I mean like, they're mini skirts and short sleeves, so unless I shoot inside, I would rather wait unitl it's not 5 below zero over here. Hopefully I can do some kind of winter photoshoot soon though. The snow does make a lovely back drop, so I feel like I should do some sort of casual outfit in the snow.

Would you guys be up for me posting casual photoshoots? Or would you rather wait until it's spring, or until I can get an actual winter-y cosplay?

My inner fear of you guys getting bored with me is....prevelent. I think you're all bored.

But if I can come up with a stellar casual outfit, I'll probably do a winter photoshoot soon! :)

Thanks Gusto!

OH, and I forgot! I can't talk about it quite yet, but I can tell you I'm in talks of collaborating with a certain other cosplayer and I am so excited about it! When plans are set in stone, I'll let you know who, what, where and when!

You guys are the greatest! :heart: