How to play Left 4 Dead (2).

Fair warning, still can't see today, so may not be able to see tomorrow either. So I'm still up in the air. I really want to be able to see tomorrow for other reasons, but that doesn't mean my eyes will cooperate.

Fair warning, still can't see today, so may not be able to see tomorrow either. So I'm still up in the air. I really want to be able to see tomorrow for other reasons, but that doesn't mean my eyes will cooperate.
Just heal up. There will be other opportunities, if you're not able to play. I'm gonna be on, and in Vent, so if you can just chat, that's fine too.

I'll attempt to play vs if you're doing that. My vision is blurry but I'm not blind. If you have 4 and want to do co-op I'll sit out of that though. Just let me know.

Confession: I set the fire. I didn't mean to catch Null in it, but after a dozen failed attempts to pick him up off the ground, I panicked and hoped the infected would get caught in the fire enough for me to save Null. The first part happened, the second part didn't.

I might be out of practice.

I can't figure out why you don't have this game by now. :p
I'm not allowed to buy any games until two months before @GasBandit decides to swear off them permanently.
Also because I've never really been a fan of shooters. Like I've said before, Overwatch is my first shooter since Turok II.

--Patrick

I was on, then my computer decided that it NEED to update. Like... disabling my audio controller - level need. Am currently sitting in windows update purgatory. Will be on ASAP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm to the point where I feel like setting up a fucking Hamachi vlan for us just to fix the fact that nobody can ever fucking connect to me for no apparent reason.

GasBandit

Staff member

figmentPez

Staff member
I've been going through my add-ons to delete what I'm not using, and holy crap had I accumulated a lot. Like 160+ subscriptions. Got rid of over 2GB of crap thus far. I'm currently replaying campaigns I don't remember to see if they're worth keeping... most aren't.

Why did a campaign about escaping from an erupting volcano during a zombie apocalypse have to be so terrible?! The finale of defending a location as lava slowly surrounds you should have been awesome. Instead it's one long map. There are no saferooms, even though there really needs to be at least one just before the finale. The rest of the map is one long confusing and repetitive maze of highway onramps and overpasses. It's boring and the screen keeps shaking because volcano. You don't even see any lava until just before getting to the final location.
... such a letdown.

Also, getting really tired of finales that are extremely long slogs upstream through a river of zombies. I just can't understand. The Parish's finale (racing across the bridge) is pretty cool, but it's fucking hard enough. What do almost all of these campaigns do wrong? They add maze-like elements. (The Parish works because it's a straight shot.) They make it longer. They remove the multiple levels of traversal. (So it's just one flat riverbed of zombies, and you have no choice but to wade right through). They put additional supplies out of sight in rooms off to the side of the path. And they usually have such repetitive design that it feels like you're going in circles, even when you aren't. It's like they're going out of their way to not only make things difficult, but to make them unpleasant as well.

figmentPez

Staff member
Some of these custom campaigns... They try so hard, bless their hearts.

Blight Path.... The finale is pretty good. It's to bad the rest of it is crap. It opens in a burning office building, which would be okay, if it didn't open up into huge sprawling areas that have very little happening. It's boring map design, with very little indication of where you need to go. Then they give you a pack of cola bottles, which the game tells you you can use with a car's gas tank to make molotovs. What it doesn't tell you is that you'll need to carry those bottles for quite a ways, just to get a couple of molotovs. And all three grenade types are scattered around the map anyway. Nice idea, but pointless execution.

Then comes the human soldiers... which are just kinda cardboard cutouts placed in windows that start firing at you the moment you step into their cone of vision. There's very little indication of being hit by one, your health just starts going down really fast. If the game didn't flash a "watch out for soliders" or "watch out for the sniper" I'd have gone down without knowing why. One of the soldiers is invulnerable until he starts firing at you. You can see him, and shoot him, but he won't die until after he turns on and fires at you.

The finale, though, actually works! You start out having to push a front-end loader's bucket into place in front of an APC, then weld it into position. After that you hold your ground as the APC is filled with gas, then you get in and bulldoze your way out of there.