How to play Left 4 Dead (2).

Dave

Staff member
I really was terrible. I didn't know how to do certain things and didn't know any of the maps, etc. Like at one point Dei is screaming at me to heal myself and after I died I went to my other monitor and googled "how to heal yourself in L4D2".

I wish I'd been on last night, but I was just too tired. I'll try to get my Steam shit sorted in advance for when we you guys do this again though.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm really surprised you guys didn't want to go back to lobby that one time that we "randomly" got the teams stacked so lopsided.

Also, apparently Terrik fell asleep at his desk toward the end and we didn't even notice. At least, I didn't.

I wish I'd been on last night, but I was just too tired. I'll try to get my Steam shit sorted in advance for when we you guys do this again though.
We were actually full most of the night, and Dave stepped out for Snuffles when I went AFK. We did have one empty spot for the last game of the night.
There were at least two times that Team Terrik got killed like within feet of leaving the safe room.
Well, that didn't happen when Terrik was on my team, but there was the whole losing a round by 6 points because I refused to give him my health pack thing.[DOUBLEPOST=1493310753,1493310703][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm really surprised you guys didn't want to go back to lobby that one time that we "randomly" got the teams stacked so lopsided.

Also, apparently Terrik fell asleep at his desk toward the end and we didn't even notice. At least, I didn't.
We're just so accustomed to it now.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, that didn't happen when Terrik was on my team, but there was the whole losing a round by 6 points because I refused to give him my health pack thing.
It may be that that's the reason we lost that round by ONLY six points instead of more :p

figmentPez

Staff member
It may have been lopsided, but you weren't just steamrolling through the levels. It gave us plenty of time to play as infected; which is fun, even if you're losing.

Exactly. And I don't know about anyone else, but I wasn't there to be competitive - I was there to blow off steam and chill out with friends.

I know I was the weakest link in several matches, and I hope I didn't spoil anyone's gameplay because of it, but it seemed that everyone had fun, which was the whole point of everything.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh my god

Terrik.

You were

SUCH

a close-breathing slobbermonster that night. I didn't listen closely while we were playing, but oh god, reviewing the footage...

it sounds like you're actually trying to hit me with your actual tongue, and it's tiring you out in the process.

:Leyla:

Oh my god

Terrik.

You were

SUCH

a close-breathing slobbermonster that night. I didn't listen closely while we were playing, but oh god, reviewing the footage...

it sounds like you're actually trying to hit me with your actual tongue, and it's tiring you out in the process.

:Leyla:
Me at my computer, playing left 4 Dead

GasBandit

Staff member
I got last week's footage down to about 19 minutes, but just couldn't bear to cut anything that was left, and that's way too long for a video to get any views...

So I'm gonna break it into 2 videos instead :D Working on the captioning for the first one. But it will probably still be at least the weekend before it is ready.

I got last week's footage down to about 19 minutes, but just couldn't bear to cut anything that was left, and that's way too long for a video to get any views...

So I'm gonna break it into 2 videos instead :D Working on the captioning for the first one. But it will probably still be at least the weekend before it is ready.
Your dedication to puncturing Terrik's ego is noted and commended.

GasBandit

Staff member
Thursday and Friday are gonna be hard for me to get home in a timely manner. Underling 1 is going to be out of the office. Might could do saturday though.

So, anyone going to be around for this tomorrow or Friday night?
I'm getting my eyes lasered tomorrow morning, so that is definitely out, and since it's PRK I don't know how much I'm going to want to stare at a computer screen on Friday either. :(

GasBandit

Staff member
Also, just to respond on his behalf, Terrik is still in China/Taiwan and will be all month.

I'm getting my eyes lasered tomorrow morning, so that is definitely out, and since it's PRK I don't know how much I'm going to want to stare at a computer screen on Friday either. :(
My dad got PRK about 20 years ago, and it took him several days for his eyes to become useful again. Of course, that was 20 years ago, and I'm assuming the technique has improved since then.

Also, just to respond on his behalf, Terrik is still in China/Taiwan and will be all month.

My dad got PRK about 20 years ago, and it took him several days for his eyes to become useful again. Of course, that was 20 years ago, and I'm assuming the technique has improved since then.
Nah, I was told basically the same thing.

I might be available for Wednesday again, if y'all want to try it sans Terrik. (Sorry bro, but you're eating delicious food and visiting hot springs. Suck it.)